Vehicles holding four children's car seats

ADS

scatterbunny

It's kind of hard to list specific models that will hold four carseats--are there specific ones you might be interested in already? Carseat choice can matter as much as the vehicle you're putting them in, as far as puzzling them to fit.

In general, any minivan or other three-row vehicle can handle four carseats.

Airforcemomma

I just purchased an 07 Pontiac Montana, and this is one van that will NOT hold 4 tethered car seats.:thumbsdown:
It has 1 set of LATCH and tether for center rear, no outboard anchors, and there are 2 LATCH and thether for the center. 1 for each Cpt's chair. I had to replace 1 tethered seat for a BPB to accomadate all kids. So, I wouldn't recommend the Montana for 4 car seats that need to be thethered, it's just not doable with this van.

jerenaud

I just purchased an 07 Pontiac Montana, and this is one van that will NOT hold 4 tethered car seats.:thumbsdown:
It has 1 set of LATCH and tether for center rear, no outboard anchors, and there are 2 LATCH and thether for the center. 1 for each Cpt's chair. I had to replace 1 tethered seat for a BPB to accomadate all kids. So, I wouldn't recommend the Montana for 4 car seats that need to be thethered, it's just not doable with this van.

I think I remember reading here that during certain model years vans were made with tethers in every position, but that after that point tethers were commonly only found in the middle row and one in the rear.

Is there a way to find out which vehicles have 4-5 tethers? I can't find that information in the new vehicle descriptions online (ie. gmcanada.ca) and it's really important for me to know.

We have two harnessed children (one currently rear facing) and may adopt a sibling group of 2, who would both be harnessed. I don't know where to start looking, because of this issue. Even knowing years to look at would be a start!

Tether position may not be as critical to the original poster, depending on location, but it's still important!

Thanks,
Erica

jerenaud

I haven't checked out the links yet, but I *so* appreciate you taking the time to compile the information and direct me to it!

Erica

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC