Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Vehicles holding four children's car seats

Which 2008 vehicles can hold four children's car seats?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Re: Vehicles holding four children's car seats

It's kind of hard to list specific models that will hold four carseats--are there specific ones you might be interested in already? Carseat choice can matter as much as the vehicle you're putting them in, as far as puzzling them to fit.

In general, any minivan or other three-row vehicle can handle four carseats.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Carseat Crazy

The Mazda5 can. Top tethers in all rear positions, and LATCH in the middle row.

Ditto the Mazda 5. We love ours!
    Christina, Mama to:
    5-year old boy in a Britax Parkway & soon-to-be Sunshine Kids Monterey
    3.5-year old girl in a Britax Regent & Britax Marathon

Carseat Crazy

Unhappy Re: Vehicles holding four children's car seats

I just purchased an 07 Pontiac Montana, and this is one van that will NOT hold 4 tethered car seats.
    It has 1 set of LATCH and tether for center rear, no outboard anchors, and there are 2 LATCH and thether for the center. 1 for each Cpt's chair. I had to replace 1 tethered seat for a BPB to accomadate all kids. So, I wouldn't recommend the Montana for 4 car seats that need to be thethered, it's just not doable with this van.

CPS Fanatic

Most full size SUVs would accomodate 4 carseats.
    Lori (I drive Cadillac Escalade ESV) SAHM to Brooks 9/13/01 seatbelt only, Brady 7/4/03 seatbelt only, Kinsadie 2/23/08 Pink Britax Frontier, and Brakin David 6/7/10 FF in a cowmooflage Britax Frontier Clicktight

Quote Originally Posted by Airforcemomma View Post
    I just purchased an 07 Pontiac Montana, and this is one van that will NOT hold 4 tethered car seats.
    It has 1 set of LATCH and tether for center rear, no outboard anchors, and there are 2 LATCH and thether for the center. 1 for each Cpt's chair. I had to replace 1 tethered seat for a BPB to accomadate all kids. So, I wouldn't recommend the Montana for 4 car seats that need to be thethered, it's just not doable with this van.
    I think I remember reading here that during certain model years vans were made with tethers in every position, but that after that point tethers were commonly only found in the middle row and one in the rear.

Is there a way to find out which vehicles have 4-5 tethers? I can't find that information in the new vehicle descriptions online (ie. gmcanada.ca) and it's really important for me to know.

We have two harnessed children (one currently rear facing) and may adopt a sibling group of 2, who would both be harnessed. I don't know where to start looking, because of this issue. Even knowing years to look at would be a start!

Tether position may not be as critical to the original poster, depending on location, but it's still important!

Thanks,
    Erica

I know I've made a list of this previously (compiled from my LATCH manual)... anyone with good search capabilities want to look for it?

I'll try as well... it was something like "which vehicle have 4- 5 TA's?"

Here's one for '01 - '02 vehicles...http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...r+anchors+most

Here's another for '00 - '07 vehicles...http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...r+anchors+most
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

CPS Advocate

is it this one? http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php...31&postcount=2

ETA: ah you found them
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

I haven't checked out the links yet, but I *so* appreciate you taking the time to compile the information and direct me to it!

Erica