Compass True Fit on Learning Curve website

ADS

mcomommy

It does look wider then the MA and claims to be taller at a 50 inch height limit. How how high is the rear facing weight though?

tl01

Does anyone know if the release date for this seat has been updated? Based upon the pic of the girl in the seat.. I think I really want one. It looks like she has plenty of space and is quite comfy.

javafinch

I've been holding out for this seat - I'm due in April and would love to skip the bucket seat for a convertible and I actually really like the look of this seat without the headrest - I know the bottom slots are reported to be 10", though - how can they market this as a seat to take baby home from the hospital in if the slots are that high? Could an average 7-lb newborn fit in that? Maybe the infant padding brings the baby up a bit? Do you really think these will work for a newborn? They do really look nice!

mcomommy

If it is 10 inches I don't know that it would fit most newborns well as far as their shoulders being above the bottom slot, I am sure the infant support would help though, I think it comes out in late Feb, so hopefully you will be able to see pics of newborns in it before you need to buy.

scatterbunny

It looks REALLY nice. :) It does look roomier than a Marathon; can't wait for some real-world reviews.

The harness adjuster does seem very low, though. I looked at the pics of the baby rear-facing, and of the seat (side view) installed rear-facing, but I couldn't get a good idea of where the adjuster would be. In the photo of the front view of the seat, it looks very low, though.

As far as 10 inch bottom slots fitting newborns, well, many convertible seats on the market (that are labeled for use at 5+ pounds) have bottom slots of about 10 inches. All the Britax convertibles have bottom slots of 10 inches, The Cosco Alpha Omega Elite's bottom slots are 10.5 inches, the Safety 1st Intera's are 10 inches, and the Safety 1st Enspira's are 9.5 inches.

Some newborns still do fit fine in these seats. Others fit better in smaller convertibles at birth, or infant seats. If straps are slightly above baby's shoulders, as long as the harness fits snug and chest clip is aligned appropriately, it's probably just fine. http://carseat.org/Technical/tech_update.htm#harnessslot

minismom

I don't know if my dd is tuny or what, but she's now 11mo, 28.5" long (not sure of torso hight) and she's barely above the lowest slots of the RA I just got her. Can't imagine in a million years her fitting in it as a newborn...

singingpond

This really is an interesting and comfortable-looking seat. Still looks too wide for three-across in a smallish car, unfortunately for me and my kids. Looks like they're using the same chest clip as Britax and Recaro? I'll be very curious to read some reviews when it eventually comes out.

Katrin

amy_6405

I wonder when BRU is going to be getting this seat, I really like the looks of it and might have to put it on my list of possibilities along with the EFTA. I really like the Monet fabric too.

teekadog

Is it me, or does it look like the majority of the blue on the Aurora is the infant padding? Wouldn't the seat be mostly black without the infant insert?

Anyone know why the release date has been pushed back? It always makes me nervous that they're working out little bugs at the last minute...

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I've been holding out for this seat - I'm due in April and would love to skip the bucket seat for a convertible and I actually really like the look of this seat without the headrest - I know the bottom slots are reported to be 10", though - how can they market this as a seat to take baby home from the hospital in if the slots are that high? Could an average 7-lb newborn fit in that? Maybe the infant padding brings the baby up a bit? Do you really think these will work for a newborn? They do really look nice!

It's all about marketing. Almost all convertible seats have bottom harness slots too tall for the majority of newborns.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC