Where can I find a CPS class NOT on Saturday?

Gsanmb

I am at my wit's end trying to find a CPS class to become a tech that does not hold sessions on Saturdays. I am an Orthodox Jew and my observance of our Shabbos (Sabbath) precludes my participation in a class on that day.

I am on Long Island and all the local NY and NJ classes seem to have a Saturday included in the schedule. Any clues for me?

ADS

skaterbabs

hmmm...

It really depends on whether or not you're willing to travel. In my area, it's exceedingly rare to have a Saturday class, it's typically Tuesday through Friday.

Mama2J

There is one in Fayetteville and one in Binghamton that start in April. And one in North Tonawanda that starts in July. These don't have any Saturdays, but I don't know if they are too far for you.

ETA: There are also three in Connecticut starting in March, April, and May with no Saturdays.

Hope this helps - Good luck!

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
2 of the 3 CT classes mentioned in the PP might work for you. The one in Ansonia, CT (in May) is 20 minutes from Bridgeport...where the Port Jeff Ferry comes in. Don't know if taking the ferry 4 days in a row would be cost prohibitive for you or not...or if you're close enough to Port Jeff to make it reasonable but it's an option. And no Saturdays for that class.

Mama2J

You're welcome! Oh the Ansonia, CT one is a controlled course, so I'm not sure who can get into that one?

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You would need to receive permission from the instructor for the Ansonia course if it's controlled, that's Karen Brock, she's with Safe Kids and a really nice lady. If that's the course that would work for you just call her...given your difficulties finding a local class without Saturdays and needing to respect your religious observances it's highly likely you'd be allowed to attend if there was room and right now there appears to be plenty. :)

Gsanmb

Yes, you're right! Also so I can go at all without taking off from work, as I teach M-Thurs in the mornings.

But this is really very important to me. We don't have a CPS tech nearby and I have not been thrilled with how the only police department around does the seats -- very officer-dependent and some are less "picky" than others.

People know I'm a fanatic and want me to put in their seats for them and I"m happy to do it, but I'd really like to go the whole route and get certified.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC