Britax combo seat: The Frontier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Britax Frontier?

Well I talked with the lady at e-children.

The Britax that is getting approved is the Boulevard, the diplomat and the frontier.

Anyone know anything about the Frontier? I can't find anything about it anywhere. I'm wondering if maybe it's a Canadian name for the Regent (since a Regent, if approved here, would likely only harness to 65lbs.)

Or do you think the name "Frontier" was just an error in recall?

Thanks!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Re: Britax Frontier?

We are hearing whispers of a Britax combo, so I'm thinking it might be this seat she is referring to.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician

We are hearing whispers of a Britax combo, so I'm thinking it might be this seat she is referring to.

Ahhh... that could very well be! Have the whispers included any possible names?

My theory on changing the Regent's name doesn't make much sense, as they didn't change the names for the other seats (like the Marathon) that had/have different weight limits in Canada. (It was mostly my wishful thinking ;))

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

No, not that I have heard. But the whispers are saying it is in the works and should be out within a few months. Hopefully Britax is a little better at meeting their time projections than Recaro :whistle:

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor

The Frontier is definitely the combo.

-Nicole.

Yes, I can confirm that it is the combo seat. ff from 25 to 65 lbs and booster from 40 to 100 lbs. No idea on when it would ship, what the top harness slots, price, etc. (yet!) I'll post when I know more.

Jewels

Senior Community Member

Yes, I can confirm that it is the combo seat. ff from 25 to 65 lbs and booster from 40 to 100 lbs. No idea on when it would ship, what the top harness slots, price, etc. (yet!) I'll post when I know more.

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, maybe i'll have to wait a bit on the GN until this comes out then!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Oooh, super! I'm glad Britax is upping the limit on the seat (25lbs instead of 20 or 22, and booster 40lbs instead of 30). I hope it has nice tall top slots!:thumbsup:

Jewels

Senior Community Member

Oooh, super! I'm glad Britax is upping the limit on the seat (25lbs instead of 20 or 22, and booster 40lbs instead of 30). I hope it has nice tall top slots!:thumbsup:

Booster seats in Canada start at 40lbs so maybe they didn't really up it but because it is a Canadian tech
who is giving the info :confused:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member

Booster seats in Canada start at 40lbs so maybe they didn't really up it but because it is a Canadian tech
who is giving the info :confused:

Poo, I forgot this was in the Cdn forum. One can hope, right...

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Booster seats in Canada start at 40lbs so maybe they didn't really up it but because it is a Canadian tech who is giving the info

ff with harness from 25 to 65 lbs (in Canada, instead of 80 lbs in the US) and booster from 40 lbs (min. for Canada) to 100 lbs. That's from a reliable source and not my words.

In addtional, since it's 80 lbs in the US, I can only speculate that it would have similar harness slot height to the Regent!!! This is my speculation. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

scatterbunny

:eek: A Britax combo, harness to 80, booster to 100?!? Woohoo! I cannot wait to hear more. :) If it's narrower than the Regent I may have to splurge. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC