misuse on American Idol!!

minismom

Anyone see this? The couple had a baby while the husband was there auditioning. At the end they showed them leaving with the baby in an infant carrier. Looked to me like an SS1. The handle was in the wrong position for carrying, but maybe on purpose so they could get the baby on camera. There was a kiddopotamus insert, something that looked like shoulder pads for the harness that were huge, putting the chest clip WAY low. :thumbsdown:
It drives me nuts that companies are allowed to sell stuff that's not safe... The carseat manuals should at least add a HUGE warning against aftermarket products....

ADS

seamonkeys

What kills me is when it's the carseat company making the after-market products!! Like all the stuff Sunshine Kids makes - Mighty-Tite, seat protectors, infant head inserts, etc. They make a great carseat, but brings down my opinion of them a little when they try and sell the extra stuff that we're told not to use!

Leila

Somehow I knew I'd find a post about this!! I actually paused the show so I could see the baby in the seat. In the process, I learned that I've schooled DH quite well. He pointed out all the "wrong" things going on with that seat. :thumbsup::whistle:

minismom

Somehow I knew I'd find a post about this!! I actually paused the show so I could see the baby in the seat. In the process, I learned that I've schooled DH quite well. He pointed out all the "wrong" things going on with that seat. :thumbsup::whistle:

I paused it too! Dh thinks I'm going nuts!!!!

MySillyKids

DH paused it. His exact words:

"do you want me to take a screen cap to show your carseat buddies?!?"

I said YES. LOL... well...

Yea, i was super sad to see that. Ugh, owell.

scatterbunny

Of course I turned away at the worst possible moment and missed it. :rolleyes: I saw the father audition, and I saw the mother bring baby in so the judges could see her (Emma Grace, wasn't that her name?), but I quit paying attention after that.

miraclebabies

I saw it to and thought the same thing. The chest clip was way to low and those strap covers did not come with the carseat, they were way to big. My Dh made a comment about it to and also said that is not safe for both of them to carry the handle like that what if they drop the baby.. I think I am rubbing off on him:)

amy919

We saw it, too. Kaylie beat me to it. As soon as they showed the baby in the car seat, she said "it's a chest clip, people - not a belly clip." Matt just looked at me and said "what have you done to her? They showed that seat for like half a second. How did she catch that? Oh wait - you probably know what kind of seat that was, what the weight and height limits are and what pattern it was - you're both crazy".

Stretchy Glue

What kills me is when it's the carseat company making the after-market products!! Like all the stuff Sunshine Kids makes - Mighty-Tite, seat protectors, infant head inserts, etc. They make a great carseat, but brings down my opinion of them a little when they try and sell the extra stuff that we're told not to use!

I agree with you 100%! I always question the repuation of Sunshine Kids because they make that stupid contraption. If they make that and swear by it, I have a hard time trusting them.
A pp mentioned that they knew they'd see this thread: me too!

CaseyRN

I just caught a brief glimpse but I also made a comment to DH about it being a chest clip not a belly clip!

HEVY

It's sad to say but most ppl don't care about carseat safety. They think the child is not comfy or the clip blocks the pretty clothes on the baby (yes I been told that). Even if the manufacturer put warnings all over the box, the seat, the directions there is still going to be a lot of ppl who don't care. They see those extras as "safe" because why would they sell them if not? Carseat safety should be an extensive training in birthing classes and again when you give birth as well as in daycares and schools.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC