The Cecilia dilemma... RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpawboston

i have thought of a solution to the child occupant warning system and the dreaded three-letter word (pad).

i have an idea for a product that:

- implements cecilia's idea of a child warning system.

- does away with ANY device or material that gets inserted between the child and restraint.

- eliminates the "must be crash tested" or "must come with the seat" arguments.

- does away with wires.

- does away with tricky installations, does not require "professional" installation.

- could be marketed fairly inexpensively ($40???).

so, anyone interested? or should i just keep it secret and work on filing a patent? ;)

ADS

mommy4girls

Senior Community Member
i have thought of a solution to the child occupant warning system and the dreaded three-letter word (pad).

- does away with ANY device or material that gets inserted between the child and restraint.

- does away with wires.

- does away with tricky installations, does not require "professional" installation.

so, anyone interested? or should i just keep it secret and work on filing a patent? ;)

I'd work on the patent ;) You don't want anyone to steal your idea. Or you can always post it on a private forum somewhere so techs can give you input without risk of people stealing it!

TXDani

Senior Community Member
"but i don't DARE mention it here because it will probably get shot down ."

I thought you wouldn't DARE mention it here because you would probably get shot down?? You should probably just keep it to yourself if that is how you feel...:whistle:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'd post it in a private forum or pm a few techs for opinions... depends on your paranoia at people stealing your idea (not calling you paranoid). :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

- does away with wires.

Have you figured out a new use for the video baby monitor or nanny cam you may already own? ;)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
scrambling frantically to find DS1's handy dandy notebook, so i can gather the 3 clues, and sit in my thinking chair and think, think, think.

LOL!

:ROTFLMAO:

Thanks a lot... now that's all I can hear in my head... now you gotta think, think, think...

skaterbabs

Considering how tiny microchips can be, I would imagine designing something like the cecilia idea that is small enough to not interfere at all should not be difficult. If anyone can do it, SPB can. :thumbsup:

a pacifier in the parents mouth? on the dash, put your hand bag in the back seat, wear pacci as a ring, pacci on the key ring? (Hey I'm a Kiwi, if we can do it ourselves, we wont buy it!)

actually, putting your purse/briefcase/bag in the back, or the diaper bag up front with you is one common suggestion for busy parents :thumbsup:

yey me!

Perhaps because i have a 2 door car, i put my handbag in the back, behind my seat, or in the car seat, behind my seat. I have to get it out, so if any child is in the back i will see them also :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC