So frustrated - PLEASE HELP!!!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Before we went to Florida, the dealer was going to order & install the Dog Guard for my trunk/cargo area ('05 Ford Escape Hybrid) ... when I got back, he'd forgotten @@ So, I called back a week later - still nothing - some weeks later, nothing - some months later now & still nothing ... turns out NOW they've discontinued it & he can't find any at any used :( I'm not sure what to do - the 24KN locking clips for the Ruff Rider Roadie dog harness doesn't fit through the top tether hooks & there are no tiw down hooks in the trunk because that's where the huge battery is.... I can get the clips to attached to the LATCH hooks on the other side of the backseat, but that gives my dogs just enough tension on the harness to miraculously wiggle their ways out of them even though I can barely get the harnesses on to begin with & they're as tight as they can be :eek: *UGH* I did tell you they're magicians before, right? LOL. Does anybody have any ideas? I tried searching the web for cargo barriers that could be permanently mounted (not pressure-mounted), but couldn't find any ... anyone else have better luck??? TIA

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
You could look on ebay for one, maybe somebody had one from Ford when they were making them and has now decided they don't need one?? I am sure you already tried that though. Sorry! :confused:

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
What about the IMMI harness? Would that be different enough to work? I picked one up at PetSmart last week, and I really like it. It's easier to put on/take off than the Roadie, and uses the same webbing, buckles & adjusters that IMMI makes for child seats. One size fits dogs 10 - 200 lb.

For the gate, there have been a couple of sources mentioned on the CPSP list. A search of the archives or post on there might get you somewhere.

ETA: Here's a link. http://www.immioutdoors.com/petbuckle/products_harness.htm

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thanks Ulrike!

Now, my biggest problem is affordability -- hopefully, I can work out the cost of the PetBuckle (at least it might keep them from jumping into the backseat with the kids) ... I'm really just so angry with the Ford sales guy because he'd promised to have the cost covered & with lawyer fees for Family Court now my funds are soooooo tight *SIGH* What do you think about my continuing to use the Ruff Rider Roadie vests & attaching the Kwik-Connect Tethers (by PetBuckle) to the Roadies with the licking clips I already have? It says the Kwik-Connects are for carseat LATCH hooks - will they work on the top tethers on my ceiling??? This would let me save money & hopefully get an actual barrier as well (for the groceries & other things).

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
My biggest concern would be that tether anchors are supplemental, not primary, restraint. They're designed to be used inconjunction with LATCH or a seatbelt, not alone.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
That's what I thought ... but if I hook them up the LATCH on the backseats, they'll still either be able to get out of the harnesses or jump over onto the kids -- if I could just find a decent barrier then the tethers would still be supplemental (if I had a good enough barrier I wouldn't even need the tethers at all, though!)

How about this > http://loadbarrier.com/content.htm :confused:
It's expensive, but the person who sent it to me said they're crash tested & they appear to be actually installed - attached to the vehicle, instead of just pressure mounted. I might actually not need to get the tethers with this, but the only way I could afford this is if the case is settled on Monday & doesn't go to trial *SIGH*

If it does, then the only option I think I have is the tethers....

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Ok!

I heard back from various CPS techs in email about that barrier - lots of good things! =) Instead of posting an update here, though, I already posted inanother thread what I've been advized.... The trouble is that I don't think I have the money for either option (LoadBarrier or ProGuard) - at least not until the final Family Court hearing on July 27th in which I find out whether or not the case goes to trial :confused: :eek: :( *FINGERS CROSSED*

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC