Babyhood Wonda Chair

classicseats

Here is a Babyhood Wonda chair from about 1981. 5 point with a plastic chest clip. Pretty big and roomy with lots of padding. Anyone remember it?

Last edited:
ADS

miraclebabies

My child hood friend had the same one she used and then it was passed to her little brother... There's was gray though, after they outgrew it we played house and used it with our babies.. Also I have seen this same model but with a over head shield. It was also a gray leather matterial.

MomToEliEm

Wasn't the Wonda Chair able to convert into a variety of things like a rocker, highchair, stroller, and maybe a few other things (with added attachments)?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm pretty sure that's my old seat, though mine would have been a year or two older. What does the buckle on that one look like? For some reason I remember my buckle being somewhat rounded...or something...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmm...maybe that's not it... Or maybe there were other buckles on different versions. Thanks for posting the pic!

mommyto4

That looks alot like the seat DD1 had. She was born in 1983. Hers was not a wonda chair, but it did resemble it.

A

avonmom

Wasn't the Wonda Chair able to convert into a variety of things like a rocker, highchair, stroller, and maybe a few other things (with added attachments)?

The one I had in 1984 did. It was tan. And was a car seat as well. At that time, it was great! I loved the wheels, so big and gave a nice ride to the baby! Wish they could make the stroller again.
It was wonderful for us!

M

MOMMYF

Here is a Babyhood Wonda chair from about 1981. 5 point with a plastic chest clip. Pretty big and roomy with lots of padding. Anyone remember it?
i still have my wonda chiar but the only thing it did not convert to is a car seat, still have buggy wheels, surrey top, rocking part, high chair etc, still almost looks new first baby born in 1983 and second in 1985 had saved for grandchildren but may decide to sell, its maroon in color..not an updated color but in great condition, getting it down to get pics done
mommy f in Everett, Wa

H

hoffette

We bought our wonda chair in 1989, and absolutely loved it. If our sons fell asleep in the car, we didn't have to wake them to put them in the stroller. We bought an adaptor to the stroller base so that we could put 2 carseats on the stroller base, and they could either face each other or be placed one in front of the other. It was great.

The pram/buggy part was often used by a neighbor when she had visitors. We put the buggy part on the rocker attachment, and the baby could sleep and mom could easily rock baby.

The high chair was easily separated to make a (rocking)chair and table.

The wonda chair worked as 16 different configurations, and we probably used all of them. I still have it, and it looks like new!

classicseats

We bought our wonda chair in 1989, and absolutely loved it. If our sons fell asleep in the car, we didn't have to wake them to put them in the stroller. We bought an adaptor to the stroller base so that we could put 2 carseats on the stroller base, and they could either face each other or be placed one in front of the other. It was great.

The pram/buggy part was often used by a neighbor when she had visitors. We put the buggy part on the rocker attachment, and the baby could sleep and mom could easily rock baby.

The high chair was easily separated to make a (rocking)chair and table.

The wonda chair worked as 16 different configurations, and we probably used all of them. I still have it, and it looks like new!

I would love to see photos of it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC