Help with Child size and seat comparison

FrogJuice

First off I want to thank everyone on the great suggestion on the last thread " how long did you harness " Still having issues with DH. He finally agreed to read throught the other tread tonight, but thought it might help if he knew what other parents were choosing to do with there children of the same age or same size. So please help.

if you have a 6/7yo or 4yo of any size, I would like to know there stats, weight, height, and what seat they currently sit in and if you happen to have 4yo still RF please state that.

If you have a child with similar stats of 40pds and 41inches or 30pds and 37inches, I would like to know weight, height , what seat they are currently in and if you have a 30pder that is RF please note.

Thank you very much for all your help!:)

ADS

MomToEliEm

My 5 year old is 47" tall and 44 pounds and rides in a Britax Regent

My 3 year old is 37" tall and 34 pounds and also rides in a Britax Regent

ffpmcps

DD 3.75yo, 40" 35lb, 14.5" torso FF in:
Graco Nautilus - on second slot from top, but shoulders are really even with the third slot
Apex 65 - harness in top slot, but shoulders are pretty even with the second slot
Graco Cargo - harness with about 1/2" growing room

HTH
Andrea

skaterbabs

Here's Joy in her Marathon and her Regent:

Marathon:
2214101983_9aa55b3925_m.jpg

Regent:
2186338218_39daed6f7d_m.jpg

scatterbunny

I have a 6.5yo, but she is 50.5 inches and 56 pounds, so much bigger than yours (she was 41 inches tall and 40 pounds at 3 years old. :) She uses a Recaro Start, Britax Bodyguard and Compass B510 (all boosters). She recently moved out of a Britax Husky (Regent). I only recently moved her to a booster full-time. My criteria to safely move to a booster is: at least 40 pounds, at least age 5-6 and mature enough to sit properly in a booster all the time, even while sleeping in the car.

I was prepared to keep my dd harnessed until she outgrew the Regent, which, given her age and size, would be around 8. But she began asking to use her boosters full-time this summer, and since she's had plenty of practice and meets all my best practice minimums, we tried it. She did beautifully. I still wish I had a harnessed seat I could use on longer road trips.

I think that you could go either way with your older child, given her age and small stature. I'd like to see her remain harnessed simply because she's smaller than average and therefore she's got many seating options than most kids her age, and because she actually WANTS to stay in her harnessed seat (from what I gathered in another thread).

I never had the option to rear-face my child beyond age 2 (she hit 30 pounds at 24 months, 35 pounds at 30 months) and unfortunately I didn't learn of the safety benefits of rear-facing until she was already too big. I turned her forward at 13 months without thinking anything of it. :( Knowing what I know now, I'd keep any child rear-facing to the maximum limits of the seat, regardless of age.

NOAHSMOM

I have a 4 yr old who is about 37 lbs and 41.5 inches tall. He is currently in 2 FPSVD with about 1.5 inches of growth room left. I plan to get him a Nautilas or two in March when I hopefully get a newer car, because I would like him to have more head support/protection, the GN will make a good spare booster later on, he can be harnessed longer, and it doesn't look like a "baby seat".

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My 7yo daughter is 46" tall, 16" torso, 40lbs.

She rides in a Britax Husky or SK Radian.

Her TurboBooster is a back-up back-up seat, used very occasionally if she's riding with someone who cannot/will not install her carseat properly, and only if they will not be going on the highway.

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

melniemi

My dd1 was 30#s, 36" at 2 1/2 and was rearfacing in a marathon. She is currently 35#s, 39", ff in a marathon.
My son is 6, 45.5", 45#s, in a husky.
My other son is 7, 46.5", 49#s, and he will soon be in a regent or husky.
My baby is tiny and will probably rearface in a marathon until at least 4. She is currently in a keyfit, for another couple of weeks.

Momof4Girls

5 yr 4 mos dd1 43" 38lbs or so (undressed), Currently Britax Boulevard, changing to a Regent when the sale hits, FF, and she'll ride in the Regent (as a primary seat) until she outgrows the seat or dd2's Wizard expires (2.5 years).

3.5 yr dd2 38" 35-36lbs (dressed, no shoes), Britax Wizard, FF

23mos dd3 30.5", 21lbs (dressed, no shoes), Britax RA (now) will be in Britax Boulevard when we get a Regent for dd1, RF (and will to the max of the seat due to extremely large head relative to body size, I don't care how old she is at that point in time!)

almost 7mos dd4, 28" (or so), 15-16lbs (undressed), Currently Maxi Cosi Priori, possibly swapping seats with dd3 if dd4 needs the bigger seat sooner, RF (of course).

HTH!

Raechel

NVMBR02

DD is 41.5 inches, 15 inch torso, 28lbs in an evenflo chase.

DS is 36 inches, 12 inch torso, 29 pounds ffing in a envenflo triumph.

We are replacing both kids seats, ds will get a MA (and he will be rear facing again, hopefully!) when they go on sale and dd will most likely get a Regent, although we haven't made up our minds on her. She does not like the Radian or the Nautilis, but we are thinking about a true fit for her.

Yoshi

My daughter is 4.5 yrs, 42 lbs, 42" tall, and she is still harnessed in a Radian, Evenflo Triumph Advance, and our newest addition- the Graco Nautilus which is replacing the Radian in my car. She has not ridden in a booster yet, although we have two Britax Parkways in the garage for the future.

solmama

My dd will be 4 next month...she's 42 1/2", 41 lbs, in a Radian65. I plan on keeping her harnessed for as long as possible even if it means purchasing another seat.

My ds is 22 mos, 23 lbs, and about 33" and he's still rear-facing.

canadianmom2three

Well, for my DS to be 4 I would have to go back a year, but it will give you an idea. Our DS had outgrown his AO and we had moved him into a turbobooster. He was a BAD booster rider, which led me to this board, until then I had NO IDEA that people harnessed their children past 40lbs! So after being educated and enlightened, I tried a number of hwh seats, and finally ended up with the Radian. Attached is him at 4.5y, around 45lbs and 45" tall - he had a 15 " torso at the time.

radianfeb.jpg

He still LOVES his seat - he is the only kid in his class that rides harnessed but he doesn't care. My DH initially thought I was crazy since our older kids went into boosters really young, and "they did fine", but that was before I knew better...I showed DH the kyle david miller youtube, and that shut him right up. Our DS had the exact same booster as kyle, and we had the same nickname for him too at the time, so it really hit home for DH (and me too really, when I hear the song on the radio to this day, I get goosebumps thinking about how that so very easily could have been our son). Anyway HTH

Last edited:

Mattkarn

The one boy I watch is 4.5, 45 pounds, 43 inches, with a 16.5 inch torso. He was riding in a Recaro Vivo, but now I have him harnessed in a Graco Natalius.
His brother is 7.5, 56 pounds, 50 inches, with an 18.5 inch torso. He is riding in a Recaro Vivo.

steph

Ryan is 22 months, height 35 inches, weight 30lbs, torso 13 2/3 inches. He is in a Britax Boulevard rear facing.

Auntie2Avi

Avi was 41 inches at his 3 year checkup in October and his most recent weight of 41 lbs was from a month ago when he was sick and had to go to the Dr. He is currently FF in a Britax Marathon and Decathlon and at the top slots, so he will be moving to two Regents in the near future.

Avi is 3 years and 3 1/2 months.

katiesmommy

K is 36-37" tall, and 26-27lbs. She'll be 3 in the very begining of April, and she is still rearfacing when I can get her seat installed right in a cab.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC