Need tether anchor part number

scatterbunny

We just got a 1994 Mazda MPV and I'm hoping to install our Husky in the middle row, center/passenger lapbelt-only position. It's a two-seater bench seat, off-center toward the driver's side, headrests in both spots, but only a lapbelt on the passenger side. Since that spot is really in the middle of the van, I'd like to have the Husky there, but the lapbelt comes out forward of the bight so I think it might be difficult putting the Husky there. I don't even want to try until we get tether anchors installed, so for now Hayley (4 years old, 43.5 inches and 43 pounds) is using the Laptop in that position.

ADS

Robert

CPST Instructor
Secound row

Center N/A
Outboard--for 2nd row seats, use welded nuts that are same as ones for 3rd row seats. Long tether strop is necessare for 2nd row seats.

Third row

Center--LA01-57-77X
Outboard--LA01-57-77X

Weld nuts are in cargo area flor behinc 3rd row seats

scatterbunny

So it's the same part number for second and third row seats, and the same part number for the outboard and center seats.

I'm a little confused, though--I have to tether the second row seats to anchors in the cargo area? So my tether strap will stretch underneath the third row bench?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
That is my understanding- Mazda allows you to use the anchors specific to the third row for the second row seats as well. The manual isn't perfectly clear, but the part about the long tether strap seems to indicate they intend you to stretch it all the way back under the third row. The same instructions appear to apply for all years 1989-1998, though the part number changed for 1996-1998.

scatterbunny

Thanks, Darren.

I wonder how that will work--having the tether stretch that far? Will it be as solid as a shorter length of tether strap? Will it interfere with people sitting comfortably in the third row? And my biggest fear--will it mean I can't install carseats in all seating positions when needed, because there aren't enough anchor points?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC