Rearfacing on Radian NOT Retroactive! GRRR!

jennsmile

This is the lastest reply. I looks like the only reason is red tape! Would you as a parent make the choice to use it 2 extra lbs?

Jennifer,

Unfortunately, we cannot make Radian’s recent increased RF capacity retroactive. This would have other ramifications beyond that allowance, regarding labeling, procedures and other re-documentation. I apologize!

I hope you really like your Radian!

Best regards,

Russ

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I kinda figured that would be the case... they refused to make the 65lbs limit increase in Canada retroactive to the 48lbs limit seats as well.

I probably wouldn't unless I had a baby under 18 months that really needed the extra time... but I wouldn't be going past the 33lbs if my child was over that age.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
That is similar to the reply that I got from Russ, except that he also told me that sometimes they can't say what they want to say because of red tape/legal issues, etc.... The seat itself hasn't undergone any changes, so I would use mine to 35 lbs if I felt the need to. That is just ME, though, and I would never recommend that to anyone else.

jennsmile

My ds#2 hit 35 before his second birthday in his AO it is frustrating. I would continue to ERF child and can't because of size and others around me flip their child because they are one and 20lbs. For me those 2 lbs are important because my kids are young when they pass that mark. I think I will just not worry so much about weight ect...:whistle:

Jenn

Momto1bigkiddo

I would use it the for 2 extra lbs, as a parental decision. If there have been no changes to the seat itself, then why not? The only problem I can think of would be liability issues.

My ds was 33 lbs. at 13 months old (he was waayy off the charts in height, while closer to the chart in weight). He didn't hit 36 lbs until nearly a year later. I know how 2 more lbs. can make a BIG difference.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Does not suprise me. It would take to much work to update labels and manuals for the people who have already purchased these seats.

jennsmile

Seriously, just do what britax did with the Regent. They sent out updates, and new instructions and stickers for the SBP/LBP. How hard would it be to mail me a sticker to affix to my seat stating I can use it 2 lbs more Rfing and a new manual...:twocents: Send it out as an advisory or what not and encourage ERFing as well. I think it would be a great thing to do. Yes a pain but it could have an impact.

Jenn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC