BJ City Series - ok on dirt roads?

seamonkeys

Does this stroller ride well on unpaved/gravel/dirt roads? My sis lives where the only sidewalk is on main street!
And anybody with experience putting it into the trunk of a small vehicle? She's got a Chevy Cavalier and can't fit her current 3-wheeled stroller in it! The City Series appears to be smaller folded than her current one.

ADS

MySillyKids

Double or single?

that makes a huge difference.

here's my BJCMD in my van:

BJinvan.jpg

seamonkeys

Which City Series?

The Classic?

The Mini?

The Elite?

For the terrain she has, I think she'd need the Classic - on BJ website just says City under it. I'm betting the Elite would work too, but that's way out of her price range!!

Though the Mini would prob fit perfect in her trunk, don't think it would work on the terrain. :thumbsdown:

mom2riley

My neighbor (and good friend) got a BJCSS this weekend (classic) and we used it on dirt paths that are bumpy with no problem. We also used it on grass, gravel and side walk, it pushed beautifully on all of them.

seamonkeys

My neighbor (and good friend) got a BJCSS this weekend (classic) and we used it on dirt paths that are bumpy with no problem. We also used it on grass, gravel and side walk, it pushed beautifully on all of them.

Oh thanks!! That sounds exactly what her situation would be like. Now if only I could confirm it would fit in her trunk - should mention that a Cavalier is a small 4-door car in case people don't know! And then find at a decent price! ;)

lovinwaves

Ok the Classic will certainly fit! It is small when folded compared to most 3 wheel joggers. She may also pop off the back wheels to make it fit EVEN better. They come off very easily with the simple push of a butter. Putting them back on is even easier. But I seriously doubt she will need to do that.

I could put my Classic Double in the trunk of a very small compact car. It even slid easily into my Husbands very small opening VW passat trunk.

Here are the dimensions of the Classic folded WITH the wheels still attached:

30.5 x 24 x 14

seamonkeys

Ok the Classic will certainly fit! It is small when folded compared to most 3 wheel joggers. She may also pop off the back wheels to make it fit EVEN better. They come off very easily with the simple push of a butter. Putting them back on is even easier. But I seriously doubt she will need to do that.

I could put my Classic Double in the trunk of a very small compact car. It even slid easily into my Husbands very small opening VW passat trunk.

Here are the dimensions of the Classic folded WITH the wheels still attached:

30.5 x 24 x 14

Oh good! :thumbsup: I found one online super cheap that I may snag up for her! Guess I better call her first!!

seamonkeys

Can you link me?

They have changed the model several times since December 2006.

Do you mean send you the link to the one I'm looking at? It's at http://returnsforsale.com. Says it's a 2007 model. It's got a grade of D, which is a pretty big defect, but depending on where it is, may not make a difference. Also thinking the part that's ripped could be replaced by ordering a new part from the company. Wish they told you where the defect was on the website!!

Could you tell I was cooking when I typed this out... :eek: :hitselfonhead:

Funny, I was reading so fast I didn't even notice the 1st time!!

seamonkeys

ok, think I'm going to scratch the returnsforsale.com purchase! I called and they can't tell you where the flaw is - with a grade D she said it can be pretty bad!!! So now comes the challenge of finding one for a decent price! :scratcheshead:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC