Stamped date and sticker date different! Help!

mykidsmylife

I just looked at the stamped date on my Roundabout and the date is 11/04. The sticker date says 11/06...

I am going to call Britax but why would it say this? I mean that is a 2 year difference on the shell and the sticker. Anyone have a clue how this could have happened???

Thanks....

ADS

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Each piece of the seat has it's own date of manufacture (the shell, the harness system, etc...) and then the date on the sticker is when the whole thing was put together (the official DOM). I've never seen a difference as big as 2 yrs. Britax will tell you to go by the date on the sticker, but I *personally* would be a little concerned with the way plastic can deteriorate that the plastic shell is 2 yrs older than the DOM.

mcomommy

She does not have internet at her house so she posted it at my house.

The date is found behind the black piece that shields the harness on the back of the seat.

We are talking years, I check mine and the both had 11 and 06 which is the month and year the stickers say. Hers said 04 on the date part.

Mommy090804

Yes, I am interested to hear what Britax says.

Our MA has two different dates on it. Not a huge deal, but it kind of was. According to the DOM, our MA wasn't affected by the harness adjuster recall of 2004, but when I called Britax about another problem, they said the seat was included in the recall. The date stickered inside the shell is June and the DOM is late August.

Also, if you look carefully at the DOM sticker, it is obvious that there is another sticker under it. Because it is actually a MA sold in Canada, I have been told that the MA may have been "re-stickered" to be sold in Canada instead of the US.

Let us know what you hear, and here are the pictures of the MA I was referring to:

DOM sticker:
DSC09822.jpg

Sticker inside shell:
DSC09821.jpg

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The green sticker in the previous post appears to be a sticker for the shell only, while the gray sticker is the seat's overall DOM label. The white label that appears partially underneath the gray sticker looks like the DOM label used on U.S. certified seats.

ktmo

I just checked my RA and the DOM is 10/05 and the shell is 9/04, so over a year. I'd like to hear what Britax says.

Katie

tiggercat

Hm, I'll have to check my (CDN) MA. I know the dates were different on the harness because I got a replacement from a friend and was worried about the old date then realized that the date on the original harness was older.

Ok, had to run out in the snow and check for curiosity sake. On my 21/07/07 MA, the green sticker says 17/07/07.

I'll check my 2005 MA when my husband comes home tonight.

tiggercat

The green sticker in the previous post appears to be a sticker for the shell only, while the gray sticker is the seat's overall DOM label. The white label that appears partially underneath the gray sticker looks like the DOM label used on U.S. certified seats.

Both of my CDN MAs have white stickers. I've never seen one with the grey one...

mcomommy

So she called and the first person she talked too had no idea what she was talking about as far as the stamped date and told her just to follow the sticker date.

She called back again later unhappy with the first person's response and the second person told her that the seats are kept in a place that the can not deteriorate (at the plastic company) in until they are sent to Britax and the seat does not deteriorate until shipped out from there so the seat is fine to use until the sticker date. She is also getting a call back from someone higher up in the next few days.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Wow, what a big difference! I would call beck a 3rd time to see what they say. Hopefully the same as the 2nd answer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC