DD in Nautilus- first pictures uninstalled

Yoshi

Just so you can visualize in your mind, she is at the top slots of her Radian with very little room. In the Nautilus, she is on the second-to-top slots with total growing room of about 3"
Of course, these pictures are with it uninstalled, but it is actually more reclined in the car. She hasn't sat in it in the car yet. It is snowing, and I installed it. And it worked with seatbelt!!! (I did need a locking clip, but I'll take it.) Amazing. I like it. A LOT. Oh, after these pics I moved the crotch buckle out to the next slot so she has more room there, too.
100_1368paint.jpg

100_1367.jpg

100_1366.jpg

ADS

mamaofthree

Looks great! Do you mind sharing your dd's stats, specifically torso height? I'm thinking my 6 yo would prob fit similarly in it. Thanks!!

Kimberly

ZephyrBlue

She looks great in it! I love ours more and more. My 7.5yo says it's comfy and she adores the cupholder. I have it installed w/seatbelt, too.

Yoshi

We went for our maiden voyage and she likes it! :DI am so relieved. It is a little harder for her to get into than the Radian, but it is a really solid, sturdy seat, and FWIW, I feel better since she is outboard that there is more seat surrounding her head in the Nautilus. Installed, she is still on the second-to-top slots, but just at them. I am going to re-install it tomorrow on the other side of the car (where the Radian was) and put it in the full upright mode to see if that gives her a quarter inch more, LOL! She almost fell asleep on out way to shopping at Target! She can undo the chest clip and can almost undo the crotch buckle herself.:thumbsup: I LOVE IT!!!! I'll get more pics tomorrow am after we go to preschool.

Yoshi

I know you're going to install it in the center of your Subaru and report back.

Right?
Oh, You bet, Splash!!!! That has been my life-long dream,LOL. I'm going to do that as soon as the munchkin is at preschool and I have time to focus! If it works there, I will marry the seat:p I'll let you know asap!

mamaofthree

What makes this seat hard to get into? I've seen a few people complain about it. Would it be harder than a TB? Thanks!

Kimberly

Yoshi

What makes this seat hard to get into? I've seen a few people complain about it. Would it be harder than a TB? Thanks!

Kimberly

Well if you notice the armrests- they stick out the depth of the seating area- so an older child has to position themselves and turn to sit-and the seat is somewhat higher than a Radian (which has no sides to speak of) It's not bad- just different and would not be a deal-breaker for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC