Please see my answers below.
Russ

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 4:43 PM
To: Russ Berger
Subject: Another question for you

Hi Russ,

I have a few more questions.

I know the manual says you must use the recline boot when RF.
Would you be able to use poll noodle instead it you had a older child who can be more upright than the 45 degree angle that you get with the boot? I’d have to say ‘no’ on this, because we’ve never crash tested in a configuration like this.

If this is acceptable why don't they have it in the manual.

My daughter is 25 months and pprefers to be at a 25-30 degree angle. I cannot get that angle with the recline boot in any of my vehicles. Therefore, she rides in the Britax seats.

Also not likely, but possibe....

Can you add pool noodles and use the RF recline boot if you can't get the recline to 45 degrees for a newborn?

Radian’s RF base/boot is not designed to be used in conjunction with any other device under it – like a pool noodle.With its base attached, Radian should be at a RF angle within that 35-40 range. Are you trying to get it more reclined?

Thanks for your time.

Lisa

I replied and told him the second question was hypthetical.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Lisa - You can tell him that I can barely get over a 30* recline in my truck & that's cranking down the rf'ing tether as tight as I possibly can.

I actually did try a pool noodle to see if it was even possible - a pool noodle just won't work underneath the boot, so I don't think it's even an option.

The downside, is that the cushions in my truck are just easily compressed by the rf'ing boot. But good if you're looking for a more upright install. LOL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC