Sell 04 Snugride?

Auntie2Avi

Disclaimer: I am not trying to sell this seat on this board, if/when I decide to sell it I will put it on Craigslist.

When Avi was born I knew very little about carseats and we got him a Snugride. It has the 20#, 26 inch limits. The DOM is Sept 04. I was thinking about selling the seat now to offset some of the Regent costs. Avi's mom has been TTC for 2 years without becoming pregnant, and it took her 5 years to have him. So if it is even another year before she gets preg, that means the seat will have very little life left in it. I also would want a larger seat for the next baby, since Avi is so big and only lasted in the Snugride for 4 months. A new Snugride can be found online for around $80-100. Should I put it on Craigslist for $50? I do not want to overcharge for a seat that expires in 2 1/2 years. It is in very good condition, as I said it was not used for very long and since then it has been stored in the closet.

Thanks!

ADS

jdchic3

I jsut sold one recently on craigslist, just about the same age too. I got $25 for it after listing it for more for a LONG time. Not saying you should sell it for that much, just be prepared to maybe lower the price if you're not getting any bites. *I* would sell it though. I know I'd want another infant bucket anyway! Lol

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I've seen people calculate the cost by splitting the brand-new price over the life of the seat in months.

So, that's $35? I'm not sure I did the math correctly... Anyway, you get the idea, right?

Mommy090804

Rather than go through the trouble to sell our last infant seat, I was able to donate it to a program for low-income pregnant moms. We live in a small town, and I was very excited to see our old seat in a coffee shop one day holding a little baby less than a month old. The seats are given out to moms that just cannot afford one. The program also accepts gently used baby clothes. I believe that a local carseat tech works with a program in the same building and she checks the seats before they are accepted by the program.

I would just make sure that you write "Do not use after..." in permanent marker on the shell so that it is not used past its expiry date. Just an idea if you have no luck selling it.

crunchierthanthou

was it the navy diamond pattern? if so, it would identical to the one I had for ds. :)

I think $50 is a little high given that you can get brand new ones for $80 with higher weight and heigh limits and EPS.

Momto3Divaz

Rather than go through the trouble to sell our last infant seat, I was able to donate it to a program for low-income pregnant moms. We live in a small town, and I was very excited to see our old seat in a coffee shop one day holding a little baby less than a month old. The seats are given out to moms that just cannot afford one. The program also accepts gently used baby clothes. I believe that a local carseat tech works with a program in the same building and she checks the seats before they are accepted by the program.

I would just make sure that you write "Do not use after..." in permanent marker on the shell so that it is not used past its expiry date. Just an idea if you have no luck selling it.

:thumbsup: i love your idea! we have a program i have heard of like that here to but I never thought of donating our snugride once we are done with it!!Id rather donate it thought I know there are too many Moms that can not afford them! My d.o.m. is in 05 & I bought mine off craigslist for $40.

Auntie2Avi

Thanks for your input. I think we might donate it somewhere, because I will not want to use it with any future babies knowing what else is out now, but we could donate it to someone who needs a seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC