Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Would you buy this???

If you could buy a brand new britax boulavard without knowing the DOM for $ 130.00US + $30.00 postage WOULD YOU??????

DS1- Regent 23kgs
    DS2- Regent 21kgs
    DS3 Graco Safeseat/ Marathon 11kgs

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Would you buy this???

Nope. I am hungry for DOMs. no DOM no buy.

Not without knowing what the DOM is.

You never know it could be a new seat that has been sitting in someone's garage for the last 4yrs Can you ask the DOM or wait until the Britax sale in Feb?

the only this is that if i wait till the sales in FEB then i also have to pay $$$ of postgae to get to AU,which could add another $150 AU ontop.

DS1- Regent 23kgs
    DS2- Regent 21kgs

CPS Fanatic

*waves* hello from across the ditch!

Want some silly weather?
    USmominOz posts on here and lives in QLD she shipped a regent recently so could tell you of costs, or could bring one back over later this year?

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

When was the BLVD introduced? I'm thinking 2-3 years ago, but I may be way off. There were still Wizards being sold in 2005 and it replaced those.

Equally importantly- do you know the history of the seat? If it is brand new, why is it being sold at that price? Is it only age? Who is selling it that you cant find out the DOM?

In your location, I'd consider it. If it has been less than 3 years since they were introduced, then that's up to half its lifespan. It's around halfprice, so I think it's fair enough.

New in box? I didn't think Boulevards were that old? When did they come out?
    I'd buy it maybe.
    DD-11, adult belt/ nbb
    DS-9, Vivo
    DD-2.5 ~24#, 33", RF in RA 55

Ive sent them an email to ask why its been sold so cheap..ie age.so all i have to do now is wait for their answer.

USmominAU...i remember seeing in previous posts that shes thinking of bringing over a seat already when she returns to the states...so she'll have too much to worry about..

this is why it seems like a great buy at a great price..

BTW.. its not for me (though i wish it was..."were trying for no.3"))its for a very close girlfriend who cant afford to buy a new seat for her newest baby due in a couple of months.

DS1- Regent 23kgs
    DS2- Regent 21kgs

CPS Fanatic

Could you wait for the britax sale, see what the prices are and then decide?
    Could she pay shipping and you pay for the seat? When is she due?

We are going to AU later this year if shipping to NZ works out cheaper, we will be in QLD and NSW.

My friend is barly able to afford the child she already has, so this is why i thought id get her the seat.. her child now was just going to sit in an ordinary seat..no car seat!!!! she's the same weight and heights as DS2 16kgs not too tall
    maybe shipping to NZ is cheaper???

DS1- Regent 23kgs
    DS2- Regent 21kgs

CPS Fanatic

Mind you AU only requires under 12 months to be in a car seat, or is that some states only? Is it being changed? They want kids in boosters here until 12 yrs or 148cm, same as UK.