Anyone Have A Kia Sedona?

Calideedle

We are getting a Kia Sedona next week and I wanted to see if anyone here has one.

I have a Britax Regent and Marathon. Was the Regent hard to get in there?

I did just look at carseatdata.org and there are like 5 successful installs but I wanted to see if anyone here has done it!

Thanks!

ADS

Mama!

Yeah, the Regent went into 2nd row captains chair in a flash, and 3rd row outboard.

I can do either seatbelt or LATCH install, but I prefer LATCH.

To do 3rd row outboard, you just recline the seat a tad, install the seat, then shove the seat upright and its rock solid.

DD sits in 2nd row captains chair about 99 percent of the time.

No problems at all.

Blondieac1

We are getting a Kia Sedona next week and I wanted to see if anyone here has one.

I did just look at carseatdata.org and there are like 5 successful installs but I wanted to see if anyone here has done it!

Thanks!

I am new here...but I have a KIA Sedona..2006 and we just bought our daughter a Britax Regent. It fits great into the captain's chair in the middle seating area. I installed using latch and the tether and it doesn't budge one bit..and it also doesn't overflow into the walkway to the back seats. I can email you pics if you like. Also..I didn't have a professional install ..just did it myself but I am pretty sure it is in there just correct and another Mom I know also didn't have a problem fitting her Regent in her KIA Sedona.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
My friend Gypsy has a Kia Sedona and we've yet to have any problems installing any carseats in it. We've had the Husky with the recline bar, and the Radian in it, no major problems. The Marathon should be a breeze - Gypsy's son rides in a Decathalon and it's super easy to install.

It's an awesome van - 4 full sets of LATCH! :thumbsup:

firemomof3

Thanks!

I don't know about the new ones but I have a 2003 Sedona with the 4 captains seats and the Regent is not compatible when using the 3rd row seat with seatbelt instalation.

armyfam

I agree, My Regent fits great in the captains chairs. The trick was reclining the chair first. It is a rock solid install using the latch. Haven't tried seatbelt yet.

twokidstwodogs

Not sure about the Regent, but I've installed Marathons in both the second row captain's chairs and the third row in my friend's 06 Sedona. Very easy install, though the headrest in the third row had to be taken out to get a good fit.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
My friend Gypsy has a Kia Sedona and we've yet to have any problems installing any carseats in it. We've had the Husky with the recline bar, and the Radian in it, no major problems. The Marathon should be a breeze - Gypsy's son rides in a Decathalon and it's super easy to install.

It's an awesome van - 4 full sets of LATCH! :thumbsup:

Yeah. I LOVE my van.

Synchro246

I have an 03 with center bench and my friend's regent fit there SPB OK. It wasn't as rock solid as the BLVD or the RA, but it was less than an inch. LATCH wasn't as easy though.

With my BLVD and my RA I can get them installed rock solid with latch in under 30 seconds. It's rediculously easy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC