Tech in Los Angeles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auntie2Avi

I am going to want a tech to check my installs after we get the Regent(s). I took my car once before but after reading on here I do not trust what the guy did. He did not give me any tips, he put the seat in himself 100%. I need to learn how to do it, and I know the Regent is slightly complicated. Does anyone know a tech in Los Angeles? Or anywhere in SoCal?

Thanks!!!

ADS

mommy2env

So far I have had only found 1 tech in L.A.

He is from the Sheriffs department, he was wonderful and even showed me his safe kids card. :love: He also has his 2+ yr old rear facing, and buys Britax.

The bad thing is that you cant really make an appointment with him. I have been back two different times, and he was not the one that helped me. It was this idiot that wanted to take the harness out of the Regent, to make it a booster. After all, my dd is 7 :eek:

If you could call, and speak to him that would be great.

Too bad I havent been able to reach him again. His last name is Machesnie, or something similar. They call him officer MAC, and he is the head of the carseat checks. Make sure you tell them that, or you will be talking to a different officer...LOL

If you find someone else let me know. We need more techs in L.A.

Too bad there arent any courses in the area. :mad:

tl01

Are you looking for a free tech or a paid tech? I've been to the CHP for free service and know the name of a good tech I've also paid to install and check my seats.

tl01

She charges $40 when you go to her place. I've never asked her to come to my house but I'm sure if could be arranged (perhaps for more $$).

Auntie2Avi

Is it $40 for one car, or could I go with both cars and seats when they are purchased for $40. Does this woman really teach you what to do? I would prefer a free tech, but if I have to pay $$ I will do so.

tl01

Hmm.. good question. I bet she'd do both cars. She does tech you how to do everything. I'll get her information and PM it to you tomorrow. I'd ask her if she'll do it for you since she obviously can make that decision:)

Auntie2Avi

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I feel like I will be installing a foreign object with this Regent, I have gotten so good and comfortable with the MA/DC!!

minismom

It just ocurred to me, I could ask the instructor of the CPST class i'm taking next month. She's in Altadena I think (at least that's where the class is). And well, hopefully one day when I get good you guys can call me and I'll be happy to do it for free.

steph

Do you need one in LA? I know someone in Orange County. She is one price for however many cars or if you go to a seat check through the children's hospital she is free but it's in the OC.

mommy2env

It just ocurred to me, I could ask the instructor of the CPST class i'm taking next month. She's in Altadena I think (at least that's where the class is). And well, hopefully one day when I get good you guys can call me and I'll be happy to do it for free.

Are you taking the $950 course?

Im green with envy :evil grin:

minismom

Are you taking the $950 course?

Im green with envy :evil grin:

Yes, but I got a scholarship from safetyseatbelt for 500, so I'm "only" paying 450. Anyone taking the course as an individual advocate and not through an agency can apply for the scholarship. You have to commit to I think 4 check up events in the next two years. Worth a shot if you're ok paying the 450.

minismom

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. I feel like I will be installing a foreign object with this Regent, I have gotten so good and comfortable with the MA/DC!!

Did you get the info on any tech? I emailed my instructor last night but haven't heard back yet

brightredmtn

When I was pregnant there was a tech every Wednesday at the Juvenile Shop in Sherman Oaks for $25. I didn't use her so I can't attest to how good she is.

niccig

There is a check in Glendale this weekend. I saw a poster at my son's preschool. Eek. I can't remember the details and I won't be at the school until Friday. I think it's with the highway patrol and some club, like Rotary, but it's not rotary, and you had to call someone called Robin to book an appointment. I'll have a look and see if I can find more details - but I don't know if they'll be familiar with the Regent.

rileyismydog

This came from an Excel list off of seatcheck.org (I believe - someone forwarded it to me)

CHP - Washington Blvd, LA - Kevin Brow - 213-744-2331
VW of LA - Figueroa St, LA - Brian Schmittou - 213-745-2200
VW of America - Figueroa - George Mejia - 213-748-6141

scoutingbear

Yes, but I got a scholarship from safetyseatbelt for 500, so I'm "only" paying 450. Anyone taking the course as an individual advocate and not through an agency can apply for the scholarship. You have to commit to I think 4 check up events in the next two years. Worth a shot if you're ok paying the 450.

Wish I could afford even that much (plus the expenses of time off work and daycare!) If I could only talk the hospital into paying for it...somehow I don't think I can convince my boss that it really would be Occupational therapy...but the possibilities of having a tech for the hospital...I can dream can't I?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There is a check in Glendale this weekend. I saw a poster at my son's preschool. Eek. I can't remember the details and I won't be at the school until Friday. I think it's with the highway patrol and some club, like Rotary, but it's not rotary, and you had to call someone called Robin to book an appointment. I'll have a look and see if I can find more details - but I don't know if they'll be familiar with the Regent.

There's a check in Glendale??? I've been looking for a check since I moved here! Why on earth don't they advertise in the community???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC