Is it time?

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
So DD is still in the bottom slots of her MA (she turned 2 last week). There are days when she looks like she's right below the next slots, some times she's right at, and sometimes she's over. Regardless, the bottom slots are WAY below. She doesn't say she's uncomfortable or anything (and trust me, she would). Should I move them up, or wait just in case (or get the "longest time in the lowest slots" award?)

FTR, I just moved up her slots in the Radian from 2nd to the bottom to the middle (3rd from the bottom). She's definitely above those slots, no question.

I can do a picture tomorrow, but it's UBER cold (like single digits), and I'm not playing around in the car if I don't have to. Also, she doesn't have any super crazy layers going on, usually it's an undershirt, a top, and her fleece coat. She does wear cloth diapers. God knows if she didn't have that butt padding, she could be in the bottom slots for the next year ;)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes, it's time. I love 'at or closest to the shoulders'..if it gets too low, you risk her flying sideways or spinal compression injury. I'd say if her shoulders are like a centimeter below the next slots, that's still 'at' :thumbsup:

miraclebabies

I am glad you posted this, I was thinking the same thing with my little one today too. I have 2 MA and a DC and my DD is on the
1st slots too. She is 11mon., 19# and about 31in long. I put her in today and looked, she is just a little above the bottom slots. I put my finger in the second slots and it is up to high for rear facing. I will wait and change her straps when she get closer to the 2nd slots maybe this summer. If your little one is still on the 1st slots then you will get alot of use out of the MA and definatly get your moneys worth.

sfeitler

I'd move her up. Someone around here (Ulrike maybe?) says Britax used to allow "closest slot" whether above or below... at any rate, I think you're close enough.

-Sarah

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hi Tarynsmum! :happy-wavehello:

I feel like I haven't "seen" you in a while!

It does sound like it is time to move Taryn's harness up. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC