Need Help on Combo Seat Choice

Safetyfan

My 3 1/2 year old needs a new seat. I want to keep her in a harness as long as possible. She is only 32 lbs and 41 in tall. I like the idea of the Britax Boulevard's Side Impact but I have seen others say the top strap is only 17". She is measuring about 16 1/2 right now. When I put her in the Regent it seems HUGE for her little frame. She still fits into 18-24 month skirts. Does the Boulevard really only go to 17", because she is WAY WAY under the weight. I also tried the new Graco Nautilus, she was not a fan, even when I tried to convince her the cup holder was way cool. She said it pushed her head forward. Please help, husband isn't going to want to buy additional seats. Though if Britax truely is going to release a new seat he may not have a choice, Macy however needs a new seat ASAP.

ADS

mominabigtruck

Your child is about the same size as my 2yo and if I had to buy another seat for him right now it wouldn't be the blvd. 16 1/2 inches seems really long though are you sure?? Peyton has a 14 in torso and I imagine that he's going to outgrow his blvd in probably the next year if not before then, he's already on the second slots in his brothers husky.

If she really does have a 16 1/2 torso then you don't have alot of options other then the regent, maybe a radian but that's still not going to give you a ton of room.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Sounds like she's all torso. In which case the Regent is the way to go. It will last you quite a while. Kids generally do start to sprout legs. Piper had a very very long torso, but her torso hasn't grown in a year and she's gone up three or four inches.

Does she like pink? The Regent Madison will be right up her alley if she does. :)

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
From the floor (sitting) to the top of the shoulders.

What seat is she in now, and where are her shoulders in relation to the slots?

Wendy

Safetyfan

Error in measuring...Only 14 inches from seat to shoulder, still 41 inches tall. I think I may go with the Boulevard. Hopefully it will last me till Britax makes a new one...Still want input

skaterbabs

Try the Evenflo Triumph Advance (EFTA). It's a little roomier through the shoulders than the Britax seats and is pretty "cushy". My daughter has easily as much room in the EFTA as in her Marathon. Plus, at only $130-$170, your hubby won't moan so much. ;) The EFTA should easily get her to 5 or even 6 years old, and I am comfortable with a 5 yr old (over 40 lb) child in a booster.

Safetyfan

Error in measuring...Only 14 inches from seat to shoulder, still 41 inches tall. I think I may go with the Boulevard. Hopefully it will last me till Britax makes a new one...Still want input

southpawboston

if you like the SIP wings of the BV, you could also try a recaro signo, which has 18.25" top slots and SIP, along with a 70lb weight limit. however, the recaro seats seem to be designed more for tall, skinny kids than short and stocky.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC