Evenflo travel system?

Baileybb

Hi!
I am just wondering...
I bought the Evenflo Aura travel system (safari). At Zellers, it seems to be good. The car seat was very light, and I found the stroller not too bulky. I also loved the Z-shape handle.
However, I am now reading that Evenflo isn't that good? How come? It was either Evenflo or Safety First. And, we choose Evenflo since we read good reviews.

How easy is it to install the car seat? This stroller is not for me, it is for a friend who does not have a car, so, the car seat will be going from my car to her mom's car regulary.

Thanks!:)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You aren't going to find many fans of the Aura travel system here, but it isn't all bad. :)

The reasons most of us don't like the carseats:

~ The handle must be down in the car
~ The base isn't easy to install in many cars.
~ I believe you HAVE to use the base (I think).

We just had a discussion about this same trvel system within the past few days. I will go find the link and will post it for you. :)

ETA: Here is the link: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=33535&highlight=aura+travel+system

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It was either Evenflo or Safety First.

There are other infant seats available in Canada... they're just not as easy to find, especially if you're not in/near a bigger centre.

Probably the most universally recommended infant seat around here is the Graco SafeSeat 1. The SS1 is the only infant seat in Canada that goes to 30lbs and will last you much longer than any other infant seat available. You can order it through Sears, or online from several places (like www.toysrus.ca.) The second runner up (and a distant second, from what I understand) is the Graco Snugride - also availabe from Sears and others online. Look for one that has the adjuster at the front of the seat (between the baby's legs,) not the back (not all the Snugride models adjust from the front.)

We had a Safety 1st ourselves - but knowing what I know now, we would have got a Graco.

Good luck!

ETA: If you're really set on purchasing a travel system as one unit, Sears and others do sell Graco systems. I think, however, it's harder to find a system that includes the SS1 - but most Graco strollers (when purchased separately) are compatible with it. Many other non-Graco strollers will work with both Graco seats too.

Last edited:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The majority of the Quattro Tour travel systems come with the Graco SafeSeat1.

Sears has their baby days on right now... which means the SafeSeat1 is only $150. :)

The SafeSeat1 goes up to 30lbs and ~32" tall. It will last most children up somewhere between 18 months - 2 years old. Great value for your money! When the child gets older and you get tired of bringing the seat in/out of the vehicle, leave it in the car and treat it like a convertible (just take baby out).

It also has built-in lock-offs which make it super easy to install in pretty much any vehicle.

The Quattro Tour is a decent stroller, although it has a rather large fold and can be difficult to fit in the trunks of some vehicles.

I would much rather have something like the Peg Perego (Pramette version preferably) and pair it with a Graco SafeSeat1 (fits in perfectly). It folds up like an umbrella stroller, yet it is full featured. Meaning, it reclines flat (baby can face you in bassinet mode if you get the Pramette version), has tall handles, nice steering and pushing with older kids, big sunshade/hood and that tiny fold. It also has a toddler footboard on the back for an older child to hitch a ride later down the road.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC