Bought and returned the Nautilus

adamsmommy

It is an ok seat for the money, but not a seat to replace my Radian or Marathon. Dh hated the seat. He installed it and said the clips felt cheap.

Ds can climb in and out of his Radian just fine, but the Nautilus armrest were to big and bulky for him to get in it. Also, the chest clip felt like junk and would not work easily. The top tong kept getting stuck. The fabric feels horrible and ds said it was itchy.

I was excited about the seat too. Oh well.

ADS
It is an ok seat for the money, but not a seat to replace my Radian or Marathon. Dh hated the seat. He installed it and said the clips felt cheap.

Ds can climb in and out of his Radian just fine, but the Nautilus armrest were to big and bulky for him to get in it. Also, the chest clip felt like junk and would not work easily. The top tong kept getting stuck. The fabric feels horrible and ds said it was itchy.

I was excited about the seat too. Oh well.

Wow that is the first load of bad comments I've come across. Could this be because you have had the other more elite seats to compare to?

mom2riley

Wow that is the first load of bad comments I've come across. Could this be because you have had the other more elite seats to compare to?

I have a Radian, Regent, BV and owned a MA and I played with the GN today. I would and am choosing the GN over the Radian. Even though when measuring the top slots don't seem much higher, they are when you put a LO in.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmm.. yeah... Gracos just aren't Britaxes... They need to invent an 'elite' line and use Britax-quality parts, IMO... I bet a few of us snobs (I mean, um, those of us who are willing to pay more for higher quality) would be happy to pay a bit extra for nicer features....

I can understand the quality issue. I have an MA and soon a radian to play with, as well as having played with many seats from the UK, Australia and of course China...I know there are huge differences. What i was getting at is because the member has had access/use of these other seats is that why the GN "seems" to be of poorer quality?

Of course the Ma is like $250 or so and the GN $150 so that in itself will identify corner cutting with quality of fabric etc.

My fave seat so far is the MA. But before that, was twoof the Australian Britax (compaq and AHR) and before that was Century products.

mamaofthree

This is why I'm holding out for a Britax combo seat. I am really surprised Graco come out with one first. Yeah, I know there's been others, but not any great ones with high harness slots.

Kimberly

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Eh. I've had only "elite" car seats and I don't mind the Nautilus a bit. It really doesn't strike me as a "cheap" seat. No, it's not nearly as plush as a Britax, but it does its job. It actually seems much sturdier and higher-quality than I thought it would be.

That said, no seat will please everyone. It's good to get different opinions on things. Sorry it didn't work out for you!

adamsmommy

It might very well be because of the seats we are used to. The only thing we have ever had is a few Britax, Radian, and my Snugride. So, yeah, i might just be spoiled. :p

It might very well be because of the seats we are used to. The only thing we have ever had is a few Britax, Radian, and my Snugride. So, yeah, i might just be spoiled. :p

Great seat line up though! I love the US Britax seats *drools* I get the radian soon so hope that is worth it too. I also have the ride safer vests and the workman ship is very good! I would like to view the GN but Graco is not replying in the same year at the moment.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC