Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Switch to the MA

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So I bought the triumph advance last night & installed it & brought the MA in to the house to adjust for dd. I sat her in it today, and after her having been in the Radian, it seems like her shoulders are pretty tight in there. She still fits, I just think it's that it's narrower than what we're both used to, so it seems tight.

She says she prefers the seat in the truck right now, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. :rolleyes:

I have a total love/hate relationship with the radian... hate it when I have to tighten the harness or install it, but do like how it fits dd. The MA is so easy to install and much easier to use, but now dd doesn't seem as comfortable width wise in the shoulders.

So what would you do? Switch the seats out for the one you like better, since it does still fit even if it's not as roomy? Or just leave the Radian in? The Radian is being replaced with a Nautilus when it becomes available, so it could be less than a month anyways...

Or option 3 - switch the seats to see what dd thinks, planning to put the Radian back in if she truly is unhappy in the MA?

(poll to follow)

ADS

sb518

I must be slow, but I'm confused.

You bought the ETAdvance for... DS?

You have a radian, and marathon for DD?

If she's comfortable in the radian and it's already installed I would probably just continue to use that.

If the radian is not installed, I would go for the marathon (because it would be easier to install) and give her some time to get used to it.

I'm not sure if that even helps? :ROTFLMAO:

snowbird25ca

I must be slow, but I'm confused.

You bought the ETAdvance for... DS?

You have a radian, and marathon for DD?

If she's comfortable in the radian and it's already installed I would probably just continue to use that.

If the radian is not installed, I would go for the marathon (because it would be easier to install) and give her some time to get used to it.

I'm not sure if that even helps? :ROTFLMAO:

LOL, I'm probably the confusing one.

We bought the EFTA for ds because we weren't happy with his fit in the MA. Dd has been using the radian because we had put ds in her MA. (The radian wouldn't install at enough of a recline in our truck for ds, so we had no choice but to switch seats.)

So now we have an EFTA for ds, and a MA and a Radian - one of which will be dd's seat for the time being. The Radian is in the truck right now, but I had planned to switch dd back to the MA and put the Radian in storage because I *thought* it was more comfy for her and it's much easier for dh & I to use/install.

I'll be having to take the Radian out in the next couple weeks to raise the harness height at the very least....

I guess I'm just wondering if I should take my 3.5yr old opinion on comfort when she never complained about the seat 4 months ago... or if I should just leave her be the way it is. Dh and I were really looking forward to having her back in the MA. :rolleyes:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'd leave her in the Radian. Aiden doesn't like the Marathon either for that exact reason, squishes the shoulders. ;)

I'm surprised the Radian hasn't become easier to tighten for you. All four of mine loosened up and became pretty easy (especially after I learned the trick)... actually, I find the Radian easier to tighten than our Marathon. :D

wildeyes

i would put her in the one you find easiest to use. unless she is crying about not liking it. i think (and this may seem a little harsh i know) that a childs preference comes second to safety. if you are going to use a seat better/easier, then that is the seat, in the end, that will be safest for the child. now... if she is truely miserable, crying, doesnt want to get in the car, etc, then let her pick, all other things being equal.
( i would pick the efta, but im partial... lol)

snowbird25ca

i would put her in the one you find easiest to use. unless she is crying about not liking it. i think (and this may seem a little harsh i know) that a childs preference comes second to safety. if you are going to use a seat better/easier, then that is the seat, in the end, that will be safest for the child. now... if she is truely miserable, crying, doesnt want to get in the car, etc, then let her pick, all other things being equal.
( i would pick the efta, but im partial... lol)

LOL, my ds is already in the EFTA. I think she was a bit upset when it clicked that it was his seat and not hers. Then she proceeded to ask for her cow seat. Then settled in to the Radian happily enough. :rolleyes:

I think we're leaving the Radian in for now. I'll have to take it out in the next couple weeks to raise the harness straps, so we'll see what happens in that period of time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC