bought the RA!!!!

minismom

Went to BRU today and got the RA. I was even able to bring dd with me since she fell asleep in the car and I know that's puke safe. I put her in the seat, and yeah, she'll definitely outgrow it soon, but I got it anyay... Funny thing is her shoulder was still below the middle slot (that's the position the harness was in the store). I got the Bridgeport cover and will order an extra cowmoo which is the one I really wanted! I wish I had put her in the MA but I got caught up giving advice to another mom shopping for a convertible... :rolleyes:

I will take pics before taking it apart and will play with it as soon as dd goes for a nap! I'm so excited!!!! :):):)

Thanks everyone who helped me decide! :thumbsup:

Oh, and there were two boxes in stock and I checked both for DOM. Sept/07 and Nov/07 so I got Nov! I love you guys for teaching me the tricks!!!

ADS

arly1983

FLOL, Melissa, you are nuts.

Yes, I envy you. I would have to find one of those $80 sears Roundabout to justify buying one at this point even with a niece to pass it down to...

ktmo

Yea!! I love our RA. I am sure you will too. I can't wait till DD outgrows her Safeseat, so we can use it. I hope to get a little more time out of RA with her, since my older DD outgrew it so soon. It is a great seat. I just bought a Jessica cover for it. I can't wait for it to get here.

Katie

cryswilkins

I love our RA, I am will be so sad when my DD out grows it. I guess I will just have to have another baby so we can still use it, lol.

minismom

Humm, I love the seat and once I installed it it looks like DD has a lot more room to grow than I thought. Good thing too, because paying full price plus tax at BRU was NOT FUN!

Melissa, I love that cover but it won't match my car's interior as well as the cowmoo will!

Problem though: I can't get a tight center install. I will start a separate thread asking for advice. I got it in great driver's outboard with latch though.

lovinwaves

Problem though: I can't get a tight center install. I will start a separate thread asking for advice. I got it in great driver's outboard with latch though.

If you are using a seatbelt sometimes it helps to have another person helping you. I thread the buckle and get a good grip on it to pull the slack out. I pull as much slack out as I can. Then I engage the retractor (or have someone else). Have your extra set of hands pull the buckle straight out towards the door (so horizontal) while you are still leaning in the seat. Then while they are holding the buckle tight you start to thread the buckle back up into the retractor. This will help prevent tipping.

Of course, I just described using a seatbelt with a switchable retractor, but you can do the same thing if you want to use the RA's lock off system.

minismom

Of course, I just described using a seatbelt with a switchable retractor, but you can do the same thing if you want to use the RA's lock off system.

Humm, no wonder I was getting confused reading this... can u explain how to do it using the lock off. I mean, I pulled and pulled a lot, and dh pulled some too. But maybe there's a right way to do pull that can make it tighter?

lovinwaves

Humm, no wonder I was getting confused reading this... can u explain how to do it using the lock off. I mean, I pulled and pulled a lot, and dh pulled some too. But maybe there's a right way to do pull that can make it tighter?

Same concept with lock off.

Are you putting your weight in the seat? Make sure when you are pulling on the belt you are getting all the slack out. Sometimes it feels tight but the belts are rubbing against each other and not letting you get enough slack out. I also lean and put my weight into the side where I buckled the seatbelt, since that is where you will be pulling the slack out.

minismom

Thanks. I will try it again now that dd is in bed for the night. I'm thinking of also trying with a seatbelt outboard where I got it good with latch, to see if the problem is the seat or just me having trouble with the seatbelt.
What other covers do you have? I can't wait to buy some extra things but I wanna wait just til i'm sure I can install and will keep the seat..

minismom

Bummer about the covers! Are you still online? I have a couple more questions: I just went back to the car and tried again. No luck! the seat moves A LOT, specially if pushed to the side opposite where the buckle is. AND I just realized it actually gets in the way of the female buckle of the outboard seat. But I got a solid install driver's outboard with seatbelt too.
Question 1: am I correct to be threading the seatbelt under the foam that's under the cover?
Question 2: With the seat outboard, I closed the lockoff closest to the buckle (was easier) and so I noticed the shoulder belt could be pulled up if I grabbed it over the base, but the lapbelt was tight. Does this sound right? This is where the install was tight.
Question 3: damn, I actually forgot.
I'm driving to my friend's house to try a center install in her volvo, and if it works maybe that would help my case convincing dh to get me one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC