Well, it happened. 5 yrs 9 months.......

CandCfam

with a 16.75ish" torso, 44.5" tall and just over 47 lbs, McKenzie has outgrown the Marathon.
She's grown 1/2" over the last 2 - 3 weeks, 1/4" in legs, 1/4" in torso, and that was enough to put her at (and maybe just a hair over) the top slots.
I thought she'd make it to her 6th birthday, while not there yet, she got close.

It's been a good ride, and I am SO glad we upgraded her seat from her old Triumph 5 that she had been in until just shy of 2 Y/O, to her Marathon.

She only got to enjoy her Olivia cover for a couple months, and I never even updated my siggie to have pic of both girls in their Olivias *sigh* :p.
She is now in a Tiffany Parkway. She sits perfectly in it.:thumbsup:

Anyways, just wanted to share with people who would understand.;)

ADS

arly1983

Poor Mackenzie, though I am sure she is loving that Tiffiany.

But WOW 5 yrs, 9 months.....sigh, we didn't even come close.

If you want to get rid of that extra Olivia....(hint, hint)

LuvBug

aw! she made it a good time though!!
If you really wanted to you could see if you could install it really upright... maybe buy anothe week or 2? lol!!!

CandCfam

Arly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Olivia yet.

Luv - I had it installed pretty much as upright as I could get it.
I had done that several months ago when I thought she was outgrowing it. That, and I also changed out her EPS with the extra shoulder room piece, and that bought her several months.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

arly1983

I would keep it if it were me, hee hee.

I suppose you got the wide foam from someone here? I would die for some. I think I remember someone saying Britax stopped selling it.

LuvBug

darn, ran outa tricks then lol!

I bet she likes the tiffany? DS picked the cougar, but refuses to sit in it! He wants "my car-seat, with the seatbelts", which is fine with me since we have a husky&regent. He's long outgrown the MA and just turned 4.5yo

Wow!! Our girls could be identical twins!! My dd Emily will be 6 on March 23rd. Her stats are 43.5in, 16.5in torso, and 46-48lbs. I bought her the Tiffany PW when it went really cheap on Amazon in December! I just took pics of Emily in her MA last night actually! Please excuse the mess of infant seats, we are just moving into our new house now! 2 SS1's and an expired SR from Emily. I would love to see pics of how your dd fit in the seat when she outgrew it since they are practically the same size! Good luck with the PW!

http://www.car-seat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1131&stc=1&d=1200866028

Last edited:

CandCfam

darn, ran outa tricks then lol!

I bet she likes the tiffany? DS picked the cougar, but refuses to sit in it! He wants "my car-seat, with the seatbelts", which is fine with me since we have a husky&regent. He's long outgrown the MA and just turned 4.5yo

Oh yeah, she likes the Tiffany. Pretty much anything pink is cool with her.:p
That's awesome that your DS likes his Husky & Regent. :D
I debated for a long time on getting one, and if I had any doubt about how McKenzie would sit in the booster, I would have, but she sits perfectly in it, so I feel pretty confident in her safety.

CandCfam

Wow!! Our girls could be identical twins!! My dd Emily will be 6 on March 23rd. Her stats are 43.5in, 16.5in torso, and 46-48lbs. I bought her the Tiffany PW when it went really cheap on Amazon in December! I just took pics of Emily in her MA last night actually! Please excuse the mess of infant seats, we are just moving into our new house now! 2 SS1's and an expired SR from Emily. I would love to see pics of how your dd fit in the seat when she outgrew it since they are practically the same size! Good luck with the PW!

http://www.car-seat.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1131&stc=1&d=1200866028

Oh wow, they are very similar! McKenzie will be 6 April 18th.
We've had her Tiffany for over a year, she used it less than a handful of times in our 2nd vehicle, which we have had in over year, so it's been waiting in the closet since then.
I've taken her MA out of the van already, had church this morning, but I will try and get some pics of her in Taylor's.
I was going to snap some of her in it in the living room, but she fits it SO differently in the house than in the car, that it wouldn't be 'accurate'.

ETA: HERE's a pic of both girls in their seats just a couple days after Christmas. :D

LuvBug

Yeah I'm glad he likes it too. We sorta had to buy it though. He was about 3/4" from the top slots at 2.5yo and at that time there weren't any other options but the husky(the regent had just replaced it). I got the husky on clearance! or I would have waited until he was closer to outgrowing it... I'm glad I did because he outgrew the MA before 4y and before 40lbs. He is 4.5y now and won't sit properly :rolleyes: I'm hoping by the time he outgrows the husky/regent he will! I'm figuring he will be 6, possibly 7, when he does.

It looks like your ydd isn't too far behind her! Yikes!!! She has really grown since your siggy pic! I took this pic of Emily in her PW after church today. It is -3 here so no van pics!! Brrrrr

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC