I bought a Triumph Advance tonight. (lots of pic's)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Our local Sears got them in today, so of course I had to run out and buy one before they disappeared. :cool:

We haven't taken a trip yet since I installed it, but I tried both kids in it in the house and they both loved it. Ds kept on pulling up his legs and just moving happily. He looked like he was in a recliner. LOL. I'm happy with the harness tightener and love how easy it was to fit both kids in the seat.

For reference, here are the stats:

dd - 3.5yrs old, around 15" torso, 30lbs, uses top slots in MA
ds - 15mos old, around 13.5" torso last I measured, 21lbs, uses 2nd from bottom slots in MA (rf'ing)

All pictures were taken with the seat in full upright mode - except the one of the seat installed in my truck anyways. ;)

DD:

DSC00419.jpg

This shows growing room - harness height was at top setting. She definitely has more growth room in this than the MA.

DSC00422.jpg

(The crotch buckle is in the closest position here, I didn't bother to move it for pictures. If she was riding in the car we'd use the outer position for her.)

DSC00425.jpg

Another shot that shows growing room.

DS:

DSC00426.jpg

Tons of leg and shoulder room.

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00432.jpg

Growing room.

Installed in our truck:

DSC00435.jpg

I won't know for sure until ds falls asleep in the seat, but I think it's reclined enough for him. I used a single pool noodle in the seat crease and installed it with LATCH. There's not a lot of the LATCH belt left, but I was able to get a tight install in just a few minutes and we have recessed anchors. The knob is snug against the back seat, but the harness can be both tightened and loosened, so it's all good. :)

Now I'll just have to get an action shot the next time we got out. We'll see what I think after using it awhile, but so far just playing with it in the house and installing it I really like it. :thumbsup:

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Great pics! I love the knob adjusters... as long as they are accessible. ;) They make it sooo easy to adjust the harness. :)

snowbird25ca

Great pics! I love the knob adjusters... as long as they are accessible. ;) They make it sooo easy to adjust the harness. :)

Yes, I think I'm going to love the buckling him in part now. We were fighting to get his back flat against the MA because of him being broad in the shoulders. Now tons of room and the harness will tighten down easier.

Great pics! You have such cute kids! DS's polo is especially cute! :D

Thanks. I love that shirt too. :D

snowbird25ca

looks good! I don't think I've seen a black one.

Is it dorky that I'm excited for you? (with you being all of Canada :p)

LOL. Nope, not dorky at all. I thought I was being dorky being all excited about a seat you guys have had for 9mos already. :eek: But I know how much we all love comparison pic's, so had to share anyways. ;)

The interior is kind of a silvery grayish black. I think the pattern is supposed to be called black ice? It's an LX model anyways.

It just arrived at my Sears today. I was talking to the main lady in the baby dept and she said they were there when she came in so she put one out on the floor and there were 5 available for sale. Someone bought one before me, so when I left there were only 3 left. LOL. Plus I only paid $134.99 plus tax. Pretty sweet.

snowbird25ca

Here's a link to a close-up of the knobs in our seatback. I had a hard time getting a picture in the dark, so it's not the best, but it gives an idea. Our seats have the contouring, so the little red tab actually pokes in right where the side of the seat goes in, so it's tight to push the red tab, but doable. Tightening the knob itself isn't too hard either. I imagine if the seat was reclined a bit more it would be even easier since our seatbacks recline slightly.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/snowbird25ca/Carseats 2/DSC00438.jpg

PrairieGirl

Which Sears did you buy it at? I am in Edmonton, but leaving tomorrow in the morning. I called around today but no one even knew what I was talking about. *sigh*
Currently we have a Roundabout sitting in a box right now, uninstalled.
I was really hoping to get a look at the TA today to see if it would fit in our truck. Maybe I can find one tomorrow before we leave.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'm pretty sure she stated that she bought at the Sears in West Edmonton Mall in another thread. :)

amyg530

did you take them down :( i missed them. and i give rep for pictures

ETA: maybe its just my computer b/c i just looked at another that seems like it should have pictures in multiple posts and i cant see any

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
did you take them down :( i missed them. and i give rep for pictures

ETA: maybe its just my computer b/c i just looked at another that seems like it should have pictures in multiple posts and i cant see any

They still show up for me... must be your computer? :(

snowbird25ca

No worries, the pictures won't be going anywhere. ;)

I'm going to try and talk dh into taking a drive tonight just for the heck of it so that we can test ds in his seat in the truck. :cool:

I'll post more pic's after the maiden voyage. :thumbsup:

snowbird25ca

Which Sears did you buy it at? I am in Edmonton, but leaving tomorrow in the morning. I called around today but no one even knew what I was talking about. *sigh*
Currently we have a Roundabout sitting in a box right now, uninstalled.
I was really hoping to get a look at the TA today to see if it would fit in our truck. Maybe I can find one tomorrow before we leave.

I bought it at the West Edmonton Mall store. I know they had 3 left plus the display after I bought mine. The head of the department said she would sell the display since she'd just taken it out of the box yesterday...

Call the main # from the phone book and ask for the baby department. Then ask them to look up a carseat for you - they have a binder that lists each item they have and how many in stock. If you are going to get one, you might want to ask for them to put one aside for you, and allow some extra time. With the Baby Days sidewalk sale it took me 30mins last night - and I didn't browse around at all...

LuvBug

nice! and lots of growing room for both!!!
Does evenflo do company specific covers too? I wonder if that one is available only at sears?

arly1983

We were fighting to get his back flat against the MA because of him being broad in the shoulders. Now tons of room and the harness will tighten down easier.

Thats our problem with Camille in the MA and she has started bucking and throwing a tantrum when we put her in.

Somuch easier to loosen the EFTA harness, strap her bottom in and in and turn the knobs.

snowbird25ca

Thats our problem with Camille in the MA and she has started bucking and throwing a tantrum when we put her in.

Somuch easier to loosen the EFTA harness, strap her bottom in and in and turn the knobs.

I'm hoping this is the case with Jonas. He seemed so much more comfy in the seat just in the house, I'm thinking he'll love it in the truck. Thankfully he wasn't having a fit about being put in the MA, but it was just difficult with his squirmy ways and him needing to be just right to even get his back flat against the seat. :rolleyes:

nice! and lots of growing room for both!!!
Does evenflo do company specific covers too? I wonder if that one is available only at sears?

I'm not sure. I'm not totally certain what it's called either other than being an LX model - guess I'll have to look at the box closer. :eek: The TRU/BRU one is supposed to be called black ice, so if it's the same as this one then I'll know the name. I know Target sells black ice but the online pic doesn't look quite like our seat does. :shrug-shoulders:

arly1983

I'm hoping this is the case with Jonas. He seemed so much more comfy in the seat just in the house, I'm thinking he'll love it in the truck. Thankfully he wasn't having a fit about being put in the MA, but it was just difficult with his squirmy ways and him needing to be just right to even get his back flat against the seat. :rolleyes:

LOL, I was a little vague wasn't I?

She is pitching a fit when put in ANY CARSEAT!

I just like that while she is pitching a fit, I am not trying to rachet the MA harness but can just twist the knobs of the EFTA.

snowbird25ca

LOL, I was a little vague wasn't I?

She is pitching a fit when put in ANY CARSEAT!

I just like that while she is pitching a fit, I am not trying to rachet the MA harness but can just twist the knobs of the EFTA.

Oy, how much fun for you. (totally sarcastic) Here's to hoping the having a fit stage passes quickly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC