help!! I need to buy one NOW! extra harness for Britax and other car sick ?s

minismom

DD threw up again and I don't think I can't wait til the sale anymore. I'm getting her a convertible now!!! I just need to know, can I remove the harness all the way on a Britax to clean, and and buy extra to replace them if needed? and how hard it to switch covers? I'm just trying to think ahead in case she keeps throwing up. Ideally, I'd love a seat that I could remove the cover without unistalling, from I guess that's just the truefit? I can't wait fot it plus I want the RF tether.

Another question: I really like the Diplomat. Someone here suggested maybe it's not a good idea because the wings will block her view and that might make her more sick. I think the wings are opened enough and might be a good place to rest her head to the side. But now I'm not sure... What do you all think? Is the harness of the Dipl harder to remove because of the infinite adjust and the conver harder to change because of the headrest? Can I even get extra covers for the Diplomat? Or should I just get the RA?? This is so annoying, I had finally decided on which one to get... and I don't even know if she'll keep throwing up or not.. I like the SIP too. She'll be in the center for now but will have to go outboard soon, since we are TTC #2. car has side airbags though.

What should I do???

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd get a Marathon, personally. It's SO easy to take the harness and cover off, just like the SS1... just elastic around the outside of the cover (the lapstraps are trickier, they go through two holes on the bottom of the seat, I highly recommend taking pictures when you first get the seat so you never forget, lol). Wriggling the headrest cover off the Diplomat probably isn't TOO hard, but still harder than a Marathon. I just think you won't get enough rearfacing time out of the Diplo or RA... they are only an inch taller than the SS1, outgrown by 2 RF for most kids...I love mine, but my dd's just too tall for it RF :(

And yup, extra parts for the Marathon are relatively cheap... just buy a few extra things all at once to justify the shipping costs (extra HUGS, maybe an RF lockoff)... extra covers are always coming up in the swap section or ebay at reasonable prices :)

Concentrate on an SIP seat for forward facing (which is four times deadlier to FF kids than RF kids...THAT's when you want the extra protection) and boostering, don't worry so much about it for RF (even I, nervous mama extraordinaire, am using a plain old Radian for RF... my big kids are in top tethered SIP recaro start boosters to protect them against side crashes better, though)

natysr

I've replaced the marathon cover while it was still installed RF many times. You have to shimmy the fabric down between the part of the seat near the harness adjuster and the vehicle seatback, but with our cloth seats, that was relatively easy, even with a rock solid install. Jordan went through a stomach bug where he kept throwing up in the car, so I had an extra cover in the trunk.

If you are ordering extra parts, I would order an extra d-ring. This way if there is a car that you occasionally use, you can keep the d-ring installed in the other car and it makes the install faster.

minismom

I'd get a Marathon, personally. It's SO easy to take the harness and cover off, just like the SS1... just elastic around the outside of the cover (the lapstraps are trickier, they go through two holes on the bottom of the seat, I highly recommend taking pictures when you first get the seat so you never forget, lol). Wriggling the headrest cover off the Diplomat probably isn't TOO hard, but still harder than a Marathon. I just think you won't get enough rearfacing time out of the Diplo or RA... they are only an inch taller than the SS1, outgrown by 2 RF for most kids...I love mine, but my dd's just too tall for it RF :(

And yup, extra parts for the Marathon are relatively cheap... just buy a few extra things all at once to justify the shipping costs (extra HUGS, maybe an RF lockoff)... extra covers are always coming up in the swap section or ebay at reasonable prices :)

Concentrate on an SIP seat for forward facing (which is four times deadlier to FF kids than RF kids...THAT's when you want the extra protection) and boostering, don't worry so much about it for RF (even I, nervous mama extraordinaire, am using a plain old Radian for RF... my big kids are in top tethered SIP recaro start boosters to protect them against side crashes better, though)

thanks jools. do u think the ra is just as easy and do u recommend the ma only cause it will last longer? I know she might not use it long but I don't ming having to buy another convertible later and passing ra to next baby if that means I get more leg room for now and a lighter seat for travel. alo dh likes the botton adjust he has trouble putting his finger in the seat... other than that is the ra just as easy to switch stuff? i'm assuming it's the same right? and why would u need an extra lock off? cause they break?
I wish I could take dd with me to bru to try her in it but it's far and i'm afraid she'll throw up! :(

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, well, if you don't MIND buying a bunch of seats, the RA is absolutely divine, I say go for it :D

Yeah, the rearfacing lockoffs can break if you look at them angrily or a stiff breeze blows (they are moody, lol), so it's always nice to have an extra. I LOVE the idea of an extra d-ring!

minismom

I've replaced the marathon cover while it was still installed RF many times. You have to shimmy the fabric down between the part of the seat near the harness adjuster and the vehicle seatback, but with our cloth seats, that was relatively easy, even with a rock solid install. Jordan went through a stomach bug where he kept throwing up in the car, so I had an extra cover in the trunk.

If you are ordering extra parts, I would order an extra d-ring. This way if there is a car that you occasionally use, you can keep the d-ring installed in the other car and it makes the install faster.

Thanks for the tips! I will try and do that. Hopefully she'll stop being sick and problem will be solved...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC