nautilus, help me convice dh

wildeyes

yeah... it bit... i want this seat.... grrr. help me convince my dh we need it vs me just wanting it. i keep going to wal-mart to see if they have one open to put together just so i can ask to do it so i can play with it.. yes.... i have issues. dd1 would fit perfectly in it. the apex is huge on her. hmmm....
he will have a coronary if i buy it... but ohhhh i want it....

ADS
He can put his toys and drink in the holder too??

Its the only seat tiny tike will need (mutter until i see another)

It's cheaper than the regent, smaller too :D

It would look nice in his car

It will make you sad *pulls bottom lip out*

vamom

My walmart let me open the box and play with one... but I did end up buying it.

I was very in love in the store. Still liked it alot in the car. I had been using the radian for a few days (normally just a spare/travel seat) and was quite irratated with it (but it is nice for 3 across). GN was much nicer to me, but not quite as easy for ds to get in and out. Then I put the husky back in for a long trip. I love the husky, hands down. If I had never had the husky, I would be crazy about the graco, but I also really loved my evenflo truimph, and the new one looks great too.

Good luck.

MySillyKids

Do what i did?

I went to walmart. Bought the seat. Kept it in the back of the van, until he noticed the $150 purchase at walmart.

He noticed oh, 5 days later!!

However i played it off as a Bday present for DS2 (which is a GREAT idea, and will be used as that!)

Yea. That was the first time i ever did that, it was quite fun LOL!

No asking, convincing, just showed up at our house, and its still here!
:whistle::whistle:

wildeyes

!

No asking, convincing, just showed up at our house, and its still here!
:whistle::whistle:
he would truly flip his lid. i would get yelled at like his then 13 yr old sister did when her and his neice trashed a motel room. i've heard him yell like that, i DO not want to be on the recieving end of that...
:eek:

MySillyKids

he would truly flip his lid. i would get yelled at like his then 13 yr old sister did when her and his neice trashed a motel room. i've heard him yell like that, i DO not want to be on the recieving end of that...
:eek:

Ah! One of those! Yea, i don't suggest to do what i did then :eek:

My dh Buys stuff all day long, and it just shows up at the door, and when i ask what it is, he says 'oh its a box' :whistle:

Yea, i played him at his own game.

momof2kiddos

Maybe sell your apex on craiglists and then use that money and some of yours(or sell other things) to get one :) Then he couldn't complain because it wasn't your money you spent,you *funded* for it on your own ;) that is what I always do when I want a new seat,LOL.

wildeyes

lol i did that when i bought the EFTA. thats not gonna fly again. lol. he said i shouldve done my research and just bought a better seat to begin with. i told him it wasnt out yet, but he said "oh..." and since the seat would be going in my car and the apex in his.... lol she hasnt even ridden in his car in about 5 months... he wastes no time in reminding me of this...

amyg530

when i want something that i know dh isnt gonna want me to spend money on, i slowly stash up the money and buy it and then tell him that somebody gave it to me. of course this works better with small items like my sling and my wrap

mom2riley

Our Wal-mart had one out today and I fell in love. I can't believe how much room DS had in it. Much more room then the Radian and almost as much room as the Regent. I put DS in it and DH said, "get rid of the skinny seat and get that one, I like the cup holder."

melniemi

Maybe sell your apex on craiglists and then use that money and some of yours(or sell other things) to get one :) Then he couldn't complain because it wasn't your money you spent,you *funded* for it on your own ;) that is what I always do when I want a new seat,LOL.

LOL That's what I am doing:whistle: I've been selling 'stuff' and pocketing the money so I can buy my son a regent!! I already bought a husky, so now they'll both be harnessed and I can quit being paranoid while driving because regardless of their ages, they don't sit right. I've slammed on the brakes so many times to avoid hitting deer and the one night my oldest slid right under the lap belt part of his seatbelt. He was sitting properly. That was the last straw and when I started 'raising money'!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC