Recertification

Lys

Senior Community Member
I finished my recertification this week :)
I went to SC and stayed with my mom to sit in on a class for 2 days to get my CEUs and seat checks.
I'm just waiting on my seat checks to be approved online by the instructor. (I know they were good)
This class was the new curriculum and they gave me a new manual (w00t)
I can say that the new curriculum has it's pluses and minuses. It's pretty straight forward, gives you the basics and makes seat checks less of installs and more of educating the parents to do it on their own.
So, now I'm good for another 2 years :)

ADS

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Yiipppeeee! I have a really silly question, when you recertify does it extend your certification 2 years from the expiration date, or 2 years from when all your recertification stuff was submitted and approved?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Yiipppeeee! I have a really silly question, when you recertify does it extend your certification 2 years from the expiration date, or 2 years from when all your recertification stuff was submitted and approved?

Good question :thumbsup:.

CRS

Senior Community Member
Argh I need to get more CEU's and seat check documentation sent away!

LuvBug

Hmm, the last step is paying for your recert, which it says you can do up to 4 months before you cycle end date. To me it sounds like it will renew your cycle with the same dates?

Lys

Senior Community Member

I'll let ya know as soon as I pay. Right now I'm still waiting on my seat checks to be approved online.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Re: Recertification UPDATE

Hmm, the last step is paying for your recert, which it says you can do up to 4 months before you cycle end date. To me it sounds like it will renew your cycle with the same dates?

I just got my approval from SafeKids today. And, Yes, it is your original dates that it approves you recert from.
My expiration date was Feb 9, 2008 and I'm approved until Feb 8, 2010 now .
HTH

LuvBug

Re: Recertification UPDATE

awesome! so whenever you have the money in those 4 months prior to you date, you should be fine :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC