How much would you pay?

PHaley

How much would you pay for a 2003 Mountain Buggy Urban Double in Navy? There is one for $350 on my local Craigslist but not only can I currently not afford that much I'm also not sure if its worth that much! Just wanted to hear some other opinons. I've always wanted one of these strollers :) but don't know anyone personally who has one...can you tell me how you like yours and why. Pictures if you have an older model too! I think the ones 2005 and older are the same?

Thanks everyone

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
2003 and 04 are the same...the handles aren't adjustable. I paid $250 two years ago for my 2004 Single... 350 might be a little high for a 2003 double, but not if it's in really nice condition (mine was barely used) and you don't have to pay shipping. I think some people might think the handle is a little low on the pre-2005 models, and the hoods are a little shorter. I'm used to the handle, never kick the wheels, like the sturdy feel since it's not adjustable, find the hood high enough (can push it back and my 8 yo still hops in for a ride when she can, lol). Anyway, it's probably my favorite stroller ever for outside use... sturdy and simple and just pushes like a dream...people with the double seem to have the same reaction to theirs :thumbsup:

PHaley

Thanks Julie. That's kinda what I thought. I offered her $200 b/c I've seen newer ones for the same as she's asking. She said shed consider $250. I hope its in really nice condition. What about wear on the tires? Do you know if you can order a new color of the seats to put on an old frame? Is it crazy expensive?

lovinwaves

Seems high imo. Maybe meet her halfway at $225?

There is a member here that makes really cute and nice inserts for Mountain Buggies http://www.nummybaby.com/ http://www.car-seat.org/member.php?u=2179

I have never seen an older model. I have a 2007 model and really like it. The seats are a bit short, but as Jools said you can open the canopy for an older child to ride.

The stroller itself is a lot shorter height and length wise to say a Baby Jogger City Series. If the handle is a fixed height then I would recommend pushing the stroller yourself when you go to look at it. I say that because even my adjustable handle on my MBUD seems short. I feel that I have to have it in the highest position to feel comfortable. Then again I am almost 5'10".

They really push and steer like a dream. They are very responsive on the front end, and have a wonderful shock system. Perfect for offroad, or uneven paths and sidewalks.

As far as things to look for:

Check fabric for rips tears and stains
Check tires for wear
Check wheels for any issues
Push it around yourself
fold it
Open it, then do it again
check the brake

Good luck! I think they are wonderful strollers!

lovinwaves

Oh yeah, no shocks on the older model, either (I've never really noticed a need for them, personally...)

Well, then to the OP....I will say this...

There is a part of me that doesn't like the "wishy washy" feeling of the shocks. To me it's not a big deal if they aren't there. Some people don't like that feeling of "give" everytime you take a turn or corner. It definitely takes some getting used to.

The lack of shocks is definitely not a deal breaker for me :)

PHaley

Thanks for the link to the mama who makes the inserts b/c Yikes on the price of new skins! I was hoping I could get a fun color but jeez :( anyways the lady selling it is stuck on $250 but now she can't find the rain cover...I walk so much we use rain covers to protect against the elements on every stroller I own (how much for a new one of these?) Also I now too have a bid in for a BJCSD at $250 for my friend and she wants new skins for that if she gets it (doesnt like the ligt blue color) so I figured I'd ask while I'm here lol. Anyways thanks for the help so far :)

PHaley

UPDATE: Ok so I let the 2003 go I just thought she was asking to much for an old stroller and couldn't even find the rain cover.

Yesterday I arrange w/ a lady about 20 minutes away to get her grey 2005 model MBUD plus she's including a protect a bub sun canopy and the sun cover made by MB for $300! Good right and I was glad to get it but then...

Tonight I find and make arrangements to get a 2006 gray MBUD. Now this time I'd have about an hrs drive and no accessories but its newer and only $250

HEEEEEELP! What should I do? I'm supposed to go get the '06 tomorrow(Tuesday) afternoon! Please I need to hear I'm not going crazy even contemplating this :)

PHaley

Uh oh, what did you get?!?!!?
Well I ended up just keeping the 2005. I was really torn but between the gas to drive an hour out and the idea of trying to schedule to resell the one I already had plus having to give up the accessories which are a $100-130 approx vale meant I had a good enough deal...

I will use the '05 to figure out what features I love on the MBUD and maybe in a yr or so I'll upgrade to a newer model :) At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Do you think I made a good choice/deal?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think so, yeah. :). Heck, I love my 04 so much I have no desire to upgrade...I might take the skins off and mount a dog crate there later when the dachshunds get old and need to be pushed, I love pushing it so much :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC