Natalius Tether

Mattkarn

On the back of the Natalius over the tether there was a piece of clear packing tape. I thought it was just packaging and removed it. Tonight soda got spilled and I brought the seat into clean it and noticed a sticker on the back that says, do not remove tape from back support.

I have already contacted Graco through e-mail because the phone lines aren't open on the weekends, and am awating a response. Did anyone else do this? I feel bad for not reading that sticker, I read the ones on the side and read the whole manual it said nothing about the tape. What does the piece of tape do? Should I not use the top tether until I hear back from Graco?

I have pictures of the tether if anyone would like to see them.

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Shall we place bets on what its purpose was/is?

I'm betting it's a cheap version of Britax's rip-stitching. :D

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmm...I don't remember any tape on my Nautilus, which means either it's still there, or I removed it without even thinking about it. Very curious to see what the deal is!

JOII

Because it literally is just packing tape, I felt ok in removing it to see what the purpose was.

Its there because the metal plate that holds the tether is not held down in anyway to the back of the seat. I am assuming that without the tape it could possibly slip down and be caught on the harness. (if the tether was not in use or not tight)

I dont know if I explained that well, but here are pics that hopefully can illustrate what I mean.

You can see from this pic there is no plastic or anything holding down the metal piece.
IMG_5137.jpg

Here I have pealed back the tape and lifted the tether up slightly. (no force, it just hangs there, so I put my finger under it.

IMG_5140.jpg

I would assuming adding another piece of tape to it would be an easy solution and no problem. Im not sure why it was done that way.

Mattkarn

It goes from the back of the seat through to the front and then through to the back again. Here are the pictures:
Tether and sticker:
natalius006.jpg

From the front of the seat, the strap is the tether the holes are the harness slots:
natalius014.jpg

And the back of the seat, it comes out at the top and you hook it to the tether hook:
natalius017.jpg

Should I not tether the seat, or should I place some clear packing tape over it, or just use it as is with out the tape? We have a 45 minute drive to church tomorrow.

Last edited:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
That? Is brilliant simplicity.

The crotch buckle on the Husky will fall down and catch the harness adjuster if you're not careful - you can see how they cross:
IMG_1006.jpg

It looks like Graco anticipated/caught this problem in advance!

Chameleon

I don't think it has anything to do with safety, I think it has to do more with what Defrost showed you could happen like on the Regent/Husky. I would just put another piece of tape over it and be done with it, because a piece of tape isn't going to save your childs life.;) I'm sure it's there for the reason Defrost mentioned and like she said how proactive of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC