Is this a good deal? Is this a good stroller? (craigslist ad)

ADS

lovinwaves

It's an older one. Maybe pre 2004 or 2003? Depends on how well it has been taken care of. I notice right off the bat it is missing the front bar or tray.

You would have to check it out mechanically. Try pushing with and without your child in it. Does it fold up well? Does it open well? Anything appear broke, cracked, or missing? Check the wheels make sure they aren't squared off.

It sure is pretty though I would offer them $15 or $20

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It has the front bar (maybe they changed the picture, or did it just blend in the way you saw it, melissa?)... so that makes it pre-tray... so yeah, that's a Pliko, I'm almost sure of it, which doesn't steer as well as a P3 (the newer ones)...if you need that footrest for an older child to stand on, it's a great deal :)

lovinwaves

It has the front bar (maybe they changed the picture, or did it just blend in the way you saw it, melissa?)... so that makes it pre-tray... so yeah, that's a Pliko, I'm almost sure of it, which doesn't steer as well as a P3 (the newer ones)...if you need that footrest for an older child to stand on, it's a great deal :)

Hehe, I copied and pasted my response from another thread I posted on, and forgot to edit the "tray/bar" part :eek:

If I remember correctly the foot stand isn't as big on this year Pliko as the newer ones. My Pliko P3 was a 2003 or 2004 and had the tray and bigger foot rest. If you can, I would hold out and try to get a newer version which is a Pliko P3 :)

Last edited:

lovemyfamily

It has to be a 2003 or older, as the 2004s were called P3s and came with a child tray, not just a bumper bar.
I LOVE the P3, and would hold out for one, over a Pliko, better made.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
P3 is a pliko. Pliko P3 is what I had. I just didn't put P3 in my post.

Right but the older strollers are just known as the Pliko, I think it was in 2004 that they came out with the Pliko P3 ~ different model/style.

I would try and find the P3, the handles turn in some to help with the one handed steering, you can get the tray and the wheels look different.

ETA:
*Just to clarify, the stroller in the picture is a Pliko, in 2003 or 2004 they came out with the new model and called it the Pliko P3.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC