Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Someone Stole my seat!!!

And I'm not too sad about it! It was my Scenera. It was my extra seat and it's been floating around in the backseat of dh's camry. Well several people have borrowed it (we own a shop) over the last couple months and I just realized ... IT'S MISSING!!! How sad. I have to buy a new seat. It has to be narrow. I need to fit 3 across in the back seat of my van...one of them being a FPSVD and one of them hopefully being a Compass B510, and one of them being...??? I'm considering a Radian b/c I think they're narrower than the Nautilus. Any other suggestions??
    Kathleen
    Wife to Mr. Mike and Mom to:
    B - 12, C - 11, A - 10,
    H - 8, in a B530 or backless, L - 6, B350, A - 3 1/2, FF in a Diono100

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Someone Stole my seat!!!

Maybe someone is borrowing it for an extended period of time. Hope you have fun buying a new seat. In any case, I guess buying a new seat isn't always bad (I love an reason to buy a new seat). What size child will this seat be for? The cosco regal ride is narrow (even narrower then the scenera) but it won't work for older kids. The radian would be a good choice for a tight 3-across situation (as long as it can install in your car). Hope you have fun finding your new seat. Hopefully with this seat, you won't be leaving it around the shop where someone may "borrow" it for an extended period of time.

i wonder if you could get the ins on the shop to cover the cost of a new seat... if you can say that it was needed for the business, that you used it as a loaner for ppl who where having work done, if they would pay for it... then you could really have fun shopping!!!
    Amanda, Owner at A Winter's Gift
    DD1 10/01, 90 lbs, 5-steppin'
    DD2 11/07, 46 lbs, HHB. ERF'd till age 4
    DS1 02/12, 36lbs, FF in RadianR100,

Very odd someone would take a car seat. Guess they need it more than you. I hope it is being used correctly.
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo

Quote Originally Posted by wildeyes View Post
    i wonder if you could get the ins on the shop to cover the cost of a new seat... if you can say that it was needed for the business, that you used it as a loaner for ppl who where having work done, if they would pay for it... then you could really have fun shopping!!!
    Also having a body shop I can say the insurance deductible would probably be more than buying a new seat
    Lisa - CPSTI
    Mom to Tucker, 5 years old, 29.2 lbs, 39.25 inches tall who has a variety of different carseats to ride in.
    My new grandson is my signature photo