Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Locking clip

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Locking clip

In my tecnician class, they did not tell us we couldn't us a locking clip on a lap only belt. I have a parent that wants to install her seat in the center and it has a lap belt with a locking latch plate, but the cover over the latch plate is broken. Can I use a locking clip on it and leave it in the center (she doesn't have latch)? Can she get her seatbelt fixed? I feel stupit no knowing this, but like I said, it wasn't covered in my class, I just read somewhere else that you can't use a locking clip on that type of belt.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads