Radian 80

PixieEMT

Radian 80: I haven't worked with one yet.

I was wondering....... it says that the specs 28.5 high. Can a tall child RF longer in a radian vs a scenera, MA, etc.????? I know it goes to 35lbs RF. So, about how tall is that shell from the seat bottom to the top? Most other seats are 23".

Any help? Thanks ?

ADS

crunchierthanthou

it doesn't go to 35 lbs yet. they just made that change. it's not retroactive and the ones with new stickers haven't hit the shelves yet. I don't have the measurments handy, but it is very tall shelled. More so than the MA and much more than the Scenera.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
If you look at my avatar, that is my 5.5 year old RFing for fun in a Radian. If I install it more upright in my van, he still has room to RF in it (although he is 36lbs and over the weight limit). He is 45" tall with a 16.5" torso. I think it's pretty safe to say if you want a child to RF to the full 35lbs (once they hit shelves), they will make it. ;)

PixieEMT

Elitecarseats.com has the 80 listed as 35lbs RF. Do you think they have them in stock the new ones????

My DS is 16 months 26lbs, 33" height, torso 12".

Currently RF in a MA and Touriva

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Aiden (the 5.5 yr old in that picture) was lighter and taller than your son at that age. I think he'll fit to the max weight limit if that's what you want. :)

I'd be hesitant to believe a website until I see the seat... they've been known to get those things wrong in the past. Is the 35lbs really important to you? What is their return policy if it ends up being a 33lbs seat?

PixieEMT

I want to purchase a new seat anyway with a HWH.

I'm big on the ERF. DS has slowed down alot over the last 6 months. He gained only 3-4lbs? But he's still a big boy! I've heard people talk about the radian 65 vs the 80. They say they both have the same harness heights....so unless you have a chunky kid the 80 is a waste.

So, should I waste my money on a 80 or wait till he goes FF and buy a Regent?:scratcheshead:
Money or size isn't an issue. So, I don't care how big the Regent is...we have a minivan which is our primary vehicle.

amyg530

Elitecarseats.com has the 80 listed as 35lbs RF. Do you think they have them in stock the new ones????

My DS is 16 months 26lbs, 33" height, torso 12".

Currently RF in a MA and Touriva

at those stats he should probably fit the MA to 33#

my DS1 outgrew the scenera RF at 24mo and 27# by height, hes currently RF in the MA and i suspect he'll outgrow it by weight (hes 31.4# 38") the only seat that would last him to 35# would be the EFTA (assuming the radian is only to 33#)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I love our 80's... not for the weight limit (clearly with an almost 6 yo who weighs 36lbs!), but for the extra cushiness, better fabrics, toddler pillow, and shoulder strap.

We don't have access to the Regent here so I've never seen one IRL. If he's still fitting well in his other two seats, I'd probably hold off until he's closer to two and re-evaluate.

Then again, I like buying new seats and I might be tempted to try out the new Evenflo Triumph Advance. ;)

PixieEMT

Well, we're not in a real rush right now. He has about 2-3 inches left in his Touriva and 4-5 in the MA.

Sometimes, it depends on his outfits too! Sweats he gets more run than jeans. * he never wears a jacket in his seat. Just his poncho.

The extra 2 lbs is important to me I guess. Just b/c he is a solid little man.
I could always call elitecarseats before I place the order and ask them if they are the 35lbs. I've noticed that site has had typos in the past.

I did notice a previous thread about Radians and retro fitting the 33lbs seats. What was the verdict on that? Are they going to issue stickers to current owners to bump their seats up to the 35lbs or you SOL?

Sara

amyg530

So, should I waste my money on a 80 or wait till he goes FF and buy a Regent?:scratcheshead:
Money or size isn't an issue. So, I don't care how big the Regent is...we have a minivan which is our primary vehicle.

i'd just wait till hes closer to outgrowing the MA and then look at the regent, of course who knows what'll be out then!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Pretty sure you're SOL. They were supposed to issue new stickers to Canadians that had 48lbs seats when the 65lbs limit finally made it here. Once it got here, they refused to issue new stickers... so I highly doubt they'd make it retroactive in the US for the 35lbs limit.

PixieEMT

Well if my DS weight holds steady the next 3months but his height seems to increase.....I might buy a Radian 80.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC