ok so what's the deal with the Graco Nautilus - new car seat help!

k's mommy

Ok

so I really have to buy a new car seat - right now I'm borrowing one from a friend (all safe and good no worries) - it's the one for their other car since we were in an accident.

however, I had fully planned to buy another Radian (it fits well in my car when the EB 3in1 didn't)

however, I see there is fuss about this new GN

I don't have lots of time online and can't figure out what the fuss is all about it -

I just want the best car seat out there for my little guy.

I will be be doing extended RF for him (he's currently 19lbs 11oz and appx 30 inches) at 13 months.

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
The GN is a forward facing only seat. It harness' to 65lbs and then converts to a booster till 100lbs. The GN hasn't even hit the shelves yet, Graco says by the end of the month we will start seeing it appear but really it could be awhile :rolleyes:

With the age and size of your littly guy I would just stick with the Radian so he can rf longer and then when you need to pass this seat onto another sibling then I would consider the GN.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
:yeahthat:

Given his weight and height, he will easily make it to 6 or even 7 years old in the Radian and it will allow him to rear face much longer. :)

My almost 6 year old was 19lbs and 32" at 13 months old and is in a Radian now. He's still got 1 - 1.5 inches of torso growing room before he reaches the top slots of the Radian.

k's mommy

ok that makes me feel better with what I was thinking.

I've had no problems with the radian and the install is great and quite easy IMO

although since insurance is footing the bill i could pretty much go with anything this time and change it up if i really wanted...but since it's a FF facing only that nails that one for me!

Thanks!

Jewels

Senior Community Member
although since insurance is footing the bill i could pretty much go with anything this time and change it up if i really wanted...but since it's a FF facing only that nails that one for me!

Then I would go with a Premier; maybe in Supercool :D

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
All of the online places listed in your other thread should carry the Radian Premier in SuperCool as well. I got mine from Babyproofingplus, but had to pay shipping.

Try the other stores listed with free shipping, I know others have bought from there with no issues. :)

k's mommy

All of the online places listed in your other thread should carry the Radian Premier in SuperCool as well. I got mine from Babyproofingplus, but had to pay shipping.

Try the other stores listed with free shipping, I know others have bought from there with no issues. :)

cool I'll check and just found the supercool - but is there any diff between that one and the manhattan?

looks the same to me:p

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Since real life photos are always better than stock photos ;) ...

Supercool in the outboard positions, Granite in the center...
980610484_abcb043909.jpg

Slightly different lighting...
2103567725_5c3b8675a3.jpg

ETA: The Manhatten is a velour fabric all over and gets *very* hot in the summer. The Supercool has the mesh airwick fabric in the center that keeps kiddo much cooler. :)

k's mommy

sweet

that's settled..

a new premier in supercool for me I see in my new future...or should I say kaden's future.

now I just have to find it online to buy :)

k's mommy

aidensmom02;313658 ETA: The Manhatten is a velour fabric all over and gets *very* hot in the summer. The Supercool has the mesh airwick fabric in the center that keeps kiddo much cooler. :)[/QUOTE said:
ohhhh even better!!!

Thanks everyone for your help!!

You guys rock!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC