Just a suggestion :)

Momto3Divaz

Before I buy just about ANYTHING I always do my research 1st. It drives everyone else nuts that I cant impulsivley buy anything over $25 that I havent went online to check out 1st :rolleyes: One tool I love is checking out pictures becuase going into a store with 3 excited little girls rarely ever gives me a chance to just browse.
I wanted to suggest a sticky with photos only of the carseats installed in different cars, kids in them and comparision shots of carseats. Now they are in different threads and I need to search to find actual pictures. These tools are on some of the other sites I am a member of like diaper bags, baby carriers, & strollers :whistle: I know maybe I over think too much Thank you :)

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I think there is such a huge carseat base out there, combine that with vehicles and different children... a comparison just doesn't seem feasible.

The search tools do work well if you know what seat (and sometimes even vehicle) to get comparisons. :)

ETA: A photo subsection would be cool to make searching a little easier. :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Well, I for one don't care to have my child's picture to be available to everyone on the internet and if there were a sticky it would be huge. There are so many types of seats and vehicles that there are endless combinations. I use the search feature when i'm looking for certain seats and vehicles and can often come across pictures as well.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I agree with Jen. Too many seats, too many ways of installing, seats fitting differently in different cars, too many variables...

Not to mention that many of us will not post pictures of our kids, for privacy reasons.

Momto3Divaz

Maybe a members only dedicated file for pics? I just thought it would be helpful. Sub folders maybe by brands then installed ect. As I said Im huge on searches and researching to death everything I purchase mostly for my kids. I was only using reviews on BRU & Targets websites for carseats until this site was mentioned on TBW website when I asked about a carseat :love: I wish I had know about this site prior to buying my very 1st carseat an Alpha Omega 3in1 ahhhh what a pain that was (taking a newborn in and out and having nowhere to put her) hahaha I was a 1st time young mom with only the older woman in my family to give me advise :whistle:

Jordynsmama

Maybe a members only dedicated file for pics? I just thought it would be helpful. Sub folders maybe by brands then installed ect. As I said Im huge on searches and researching to death everything I purchase mostly for my kids. I was only using reviews on BRU & Targets websites for carseats until this site was mentioned on TBW website when I asked about a carseat :love: I wish I had know about this site prior to buying my very 1st carseat an Alpha Omega 3in1 ahhhh what a pain that was (taking a newborn in and out and having nowhere to put her) hahaha I was a 1st time young mom with only the older woman in my family to give me advise :whistle:

Well they wouldnt a told you to get a carrier to put the baby in, they would have said to get a sling! lol.:) BTW your kids are very adorable!

sfeitler

Lacking a "Sticky" that gathers all photo-centric posts together, you can use Google to search this site for pictures.

If you go to http://images.google.com/
And search for: site:car-seat.org Radian AND Nautilus

you will get images from car-seat.org that have the text Radian and the text Nautilus associated with them. It's not as convenient as having the various picture-oriented posts grouped in one spot--for instance, it pulls up all the avatars of people who posted on threads about the radian and nautilus, and siggy pictures, etc, that aren't actually radian/nautilus pictures--but it does get you closer to what you want, I think.

You can refine the searches to get better results.

BTW, for those who don't want pics of their kids "out there", I'm sure your standard scary person knows how to use google image search... if your pics are posted on a public forum anywhere, they're "out there". Having them stickied in one spot or not, doesn't really make them easier or harder to access. Try searching with this string at Google Images: "site:car-seat.org" (no quotes). Lots of pics from this site...

-Sarah

Jewels

Senior Community Member
BTW, for those who don't want pics of their kids "out there", I'm sure your standard scary person knows how to use google image search... if your pics are posted on a public forum anywhere, they're "out there". Having them stickied in one spot or not, doesn't really make them easier or harder to access. Try searching with this string at Google Images: "site:car-seat.org" (no quotes). Lots of pics from this site...
Yes, if you don't want your kids pictures on the internet you shouldn't post them at all. You can always block out their faces or post them in SCM if you have access there.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Blogs?

Do all members have a car-seat.org blog? Sorry, I haven't been paying much attention to this feature. :eek:

Anyway, assuming everyone has a blog, maybe we could c&p any posts we get "thanks that was so helpful" rep points for into the blog? Would they be any easier to search that way - aka, do the blogs have tags?

I guess I could go play with it and see, eh? :D

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
All registered members can create a blog. By default, they are public. You can limit access to "buddies" and deny access to an ignore list if you prefer.

Defrost

Hmm... I tried to c&p my RF Radian recline post with all the pics & it only allows 4 pics per post. Plus, I couldn't find any way to include or add tags to the blog posts, so I don't think it would be any easier to post them to our blogs than to just search the forums for them as usual.

Maybe I'll just post links to the posts on my blog; at least that way I can track down my own fairly easily.

Defrost

Yeah... not sure it's any easier to search than the forums, though. I made the titles of each entry like tags, but it doesn't find "86Y" for some reason. Everything else it pulled right up, though.

I'm still playing. :)

crunchierthanthou

The search function here is cumbersome. I don't use it unless I'm looking for a specific post that I can narrow by SN and forum. I use google to search these forums at least half the time. just type the terms you're looking for followed by "site:car-seat.org". :)

I like that it searches for exact phrases, shorter terms, and things like 86Y and 86-Y yield the same results. The search returns are listed by thread title, though not in chronological order.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC