Check point material list

PixieEMT

I was on a website a couple weeks ago that had tips for an indoor/outdoor checkpoint. Ex: Indoor- A safe play area for children, coloring books or activity, signs, garage w/ drive thru bay (avoid backing up).

I know it's in my manual at home.....I'm at work till 7 pm tonight. *sigh

Any one have a list or site handy????

THANKS A TON ~ Sara

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Here is the actual ist from page 318 in case you have trouble loading the pdf.
Equipment/Materials
The following are basic supplies used to operate a CPS inspection station. Items marked with an
asterisk* are primarily used for outdoor settings.
• Current recall list
• Child safety seats for use as loaners or give-a-ways in the event that a seat must be replaced
• Manufacturers’ instructions
• CPS education materials
• List of nearby stores where new seats can be purchased if necessary
• Inspection forms
• Locking clips (regular and belt shortening)
• Clipboards
• Pens and pencils
• Foam swim ‘noodles,’ thin towels, slip guard (i.e. rubber shelf liner)
• Latex gloves
• First aid kits
• Anti-bacterial soap/lotion
• Waste receptacles
• Demo dolls for use when the child is not present to show correct use
• Tape
• Storage bins
• Traffic cones*
• Barricades*
• Chalk to mark lanes*
• Tents*

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
It didn't have a scale on there. I would have a scale handy for those kids that might be right on the edge of the weight limt. Nice to have to verify child's weight. Also a LATCH manual for your own reference if mom & dad forget their vehicles owners manual. It's always nice to be any to know for sure if the vehicle has LATCH and where or what the weight limits are.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
It didn't have a scale on there. I would have a scale handy for those kids that might be right on the edge of the weight limt. Nice to have to verify child's weight. Also a LATCH manual for your own reference if mom & dad forget their vehicles owners manual. It's always nice to be any to know for sure if the vehicle has LATCH and where or what the weight limits are.

Good thinking :thumbsup:. I did not even read the list when I posted it. I actually keep a tub of noodle, tape and scissors in my truck. A also have a bag with a scale,growth charts, tape measure. LATCH manual, CPS training manual, Checklists, and many fliers I try to keep in my truck also.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC