Successful Three Across thread

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Make/Model/Year: Subaru Legacy (not sure of year but pre lower anchor)
Install method: outboard seats are lap/shoulder w/locking clip (due to lateral lift) & lapbelt in the middle. All 3 positions required the belt stalk to be twisted 3 full twists due to long belt stalks
Configuration of seats: all Rear-facing (RF)
Seats used: 3 Evenflo Embrace infant seat w/bases
Checked by a Tech: Yes

This was a TIGHT fit and honestly I was shocked that it worked. Parents are due in July with triplets but have already said they are getting a minivan in a few weeks.

Mommy2Five

98 Pontiac Montana bench seat
3 RF RN 65s
All seat belts

IMG_0150-1.jpg

drjanetm

Just achieved it! Chrysler T&C 2001 model - I got the follow seats across the back bench seat:

OP - RA f/f
Middle - Graco Cargo
OD - RA r/f

Not checked by tech.
All installed using seatbelts instead of LATCH.

Now dreaming of buying a couple of Radians to make the fit even better...

mommycat

No pictures yet but today I got.

2 FF Radians outboard
safeseat with base center

all with seatbelt, all independant installs (I was able to take base out with Radians still tight)
Tricks: recline the FF Radians, install safeseat base first

What was the vehicle? (sorry if I missed it in a previous post)

karlatta

2004 Saturn VUE

RF Cosco Scenera (seatbelt)
FF Marathon (LATCH)
RF Cosco Scenera (seatbelt)

I tried to turn the Marathon RF, but it caused the Sceneras to touch the doors more than I liked.

cmm7

2000 Chevy Cavalier
All seatbelt installs
All independently snug

RF Britax MA
Harnessed CarGo
HB TurboBooster- had to do the pull out, buckle, slide in, tighten trick.

MA installed with help of tech, CarGo done in front of tech.

DSCF4909.jpg

DSCF4914.jpg

(Weird angle... it is not that reclined)

ETA: I resized and flipped the picture... I don't know why it is looking like this. Hopefully it isn't for everyone else.

Last edited:

BW1426

2007 Pontiac G6

FF Radian/RF Radian/Nautilus
RF Radian/FF Radian/HB Turbobooster
RF Radian/FF Radian/Ambassador
RF Radian/HB Turbobooster/FF Radian
RF Radian/Ambassador/FF Radian
HB Turbobooster/ RF Radian/ HBTurbobooster

Checked by me.

U

Unregistered

I tried it after reading this thread at the right start store to try out the radian.

accord 2002
FF MA (seatbelt), Radian 80, FF MA (seatbelt). i didn't try to buckle the radian in yet b/c the salesperson was waiting patiently for me. i'm gg to try to see if i can fit a snugride in one of the place of the MA. has anyone tried that?

kirsty

in a volkwagan golf

britax trio high back booster with harness
britax horizon backless booster in the middle
britax hi-liner same as your parkway.

a very tight fit and hard to buckle the boosters in, but it worked.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
2006 Honda Civic

RF Graco Snugride
FF Cosco Scenera
FF Sunshine Kids Radian
(all installed with seatbelts)

RF Graco Snugride
FF Britax Boulevard
FF Sunshine Kids Radian
(all installed with seatbelts)

2000 CHevy Venture

Brtiax REgent, Graco Nautilus, Britax Regent

100_2446.jpg

2005 Jeep Liberty

Graco Nautilus, FisherPrice Safe Voyage Booster, Graco Nautilus

100_2548.jpg

And, 6yr old, 48 lbs in FPSV Booster:
100_2551.jpg

o_mom

2002 Honda Odyssey, 3rd row, all seatbelts:

FF Radian, FF Roundabout, FPSV booster

I put the booster driver's side outboard to minimize the chance of unbuckling the center seat, but ideal would be the booster center.

J

John_Henry

2006 Scion xB - 3 seats across

I just wanted to post this information so it was out there. I know some other threads speculate that it might be possible to fit three car seats across the back of a 2006 Scion xB. It is indeed possible. We have done it, using 2 Sunshine Kids Radian 65s (outboard LATCH), and one Fisher-Price Safe Voyage Booster (middle shoulder belt). When one Radian is rear-facing, it pushes the front passenger seat up quite snuggly, because it is such a tall seat. But it is possible.

Don't have to upgrade to some bigger car just yet.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Re: 2006 Scion xB - 3 seats across

Good to know, thanks for posting. I'm going to move your post to our "Successful 3 across" thread, where it will no doubt be helpful for other xB owners. :thumbsup: I :love: our '08 xB (technically DH's car but he shares it when he works at home) and prefer to drive it instead of my van around town to save on gas.

libranbutterfly

Re: 2006 Scion xB - 3 seats across

1996 Grand Caravan

Third row bench
FF SKRadian/RF MA/FF MA

These were very tight together, but individually tight. I installed two, then took the first one out, got all three, then took the center one out, and then redid it all :) I am a Tech.

I have also had Cosco High Rise Backless/FF Radian/ Cosco High Rise

Difficult to buckle the boosters, but doable :)

niccig

2008 CRV, same model as 2007 CRV

Snugride without base | FF Safety First Uptown | FF Cosco seat to 40lbs (My friend didn't know the name of it). All with seatbelt installs. Not checked by a tech, but I checked all seats independently. The snugride base fits, but you can't snap the infant seat in, maybe a narrower infant seat would work.

I can get FF Safety First Uptown center | FF Como driver outboard. The snugride base can fit in the passenger outboard but you can't snap the infant seat in it. I would try a narrower infant seat and this might work.

I'm going to test a Radian center one of these days at the Right Start. If it works with seatbelt in center position, I think many other seats could fit either side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC