Successful Three Across thread

D&L's-mommy

2013 chevy cruze, all belt installs
pass side, ff sureride
center, rf cco
driver side, latched monterey
this setup actually gives me the most buckling room for the booster out of all the 3 across' I've tried

ADS

MrsMcCullen07

pumpkin

Toyota Sienna 2009 8 passenger
3 x infant snug rides center row
Frontier 85 and Boulevard rear row

I'll get back with convertible seats soon when the babies are bigger

abbielynn84

2009 Suburban (I'm not a tech, and there are none local, but these are in great and independent of each other.
Frontier 85 - Frontier 85 - rear facing TrueFit Premier.

youandme41

2008 Honda Pilot
2nd Row
Britax Frontier 85/Passenger/LBP
Britax Frontier 85/Center/LBP
Britax Boulevard 70 G3 RF/Driver/Latch

I am not a tech, but do plan to have these installs checked by one (once I find one!) All of the seats are solid independently, but all three of the seats are touching. The Boulevard's base is solidly on the seat with 100% in contact with the seat and is not touching the driver's seat at all (and I am 5'10" and DH is 6'). I have pictures I will upload of this, too, since we just bought this car specifically in order to seat our 3 across the second row, so the pics might help someone else!

2006 Toyota Corolla
SK Radian XTSL FF/Passenger/Latch
Britax Roundabout FF/Center/Belt
SK Radian XTSL FF/Driver/Latch

nursienurse

CPS Technician
2012 Forester (which is definitely working against me!). First, I babysit a LO one day per week, so I only do this once weekly. It sucks. But it works.

FF Britax Frontier 90
Bubble Bum (very difficult to buckle, but it's only 2 rides per week)
RF Cosco Scenera (if it were my child, it would be a different seat)

All three are seatbelt installs. Sweating is involved. And child in BB has to tip to the side so I can buckle him up.

:dance:

This also works:
RF Scenera
BB
TurboBooster

In second scenario, Scenera is installed with LATCH.

I am a tech.

JOII

2010 Honda Fit

Graco Affix HBB
Graco My Ride FF
Graco Affix HBB

(no back affix would work as well)

Graco Affix HBB
Radian (Diono) XT FF
Graco Affix HBB

Graco Affix HBB
Radian (Diono) XT FF
Harmony Literider

Ill be experimenting and posting any other combos I come up with.
(not a tech)

Last edited:

clmchrissy

2013 Malibu LT, all seat belt installs (lap shoulder), (top tethered if applicable) not tech. checked but seat has less than 1" of movement in center position & rock solid outboard.

outboard (passenger) lite rider backless booster
center pioneer 70
outboard (driver) turbo booster elite high back booster
--------------
outboard (passenger) backless graco affix (latched)
center bubble bum
outboard (driver) pioneer 70
--------------
*Seat belts not bad at all to buckle/unbuckle
*The backless affix did not fit outboard as it wider than the regular / elite turbo when the pioneer was in the center.

griffinej5

2006 Scion XB, not tech checked, probably won't be because we have no need to ever ride this way, but I had good independent installs.
All seat belt installs, all RF
Driver's side- Headwise 70
Center - Flex Loc
Passenger- My Ride 65

MommyShannon

2006 Honda Odyssey Touring
3rd row
Passenger - Vivo
Middle - Harmony Literider
Driver's side - Rear facing Marathon 70 (seat belt using lock off and rear tethered)

6 year old and 8 year old had no trouble buckling the boosters themselves! So happy to have this option!

I'm not a tech and these weren't checked, but the MA70 was installed first and doesn't move.

love-pink

Nothing tech checked.

2013 Dodge Journey

Affix LBB (latched) - SureRide (seatbelt) - Affix LBB (latched)

LiteRider - SireRide (seatbelt) - LiteRider

'13 Parkway (latched) - SureRide (seatbelt) - '13 Parkway (latched)

rachelandtyke

2001 Chrysler Town and Country MiniVan

3rd row (50/50 bench)
Driver - BubbleBum (seatbelt)
Center - rfing RA50 (LATCH)
Passenger - KF30 with base (seatbelt)

We had a smidge of space b/n RA50 and KF30 and room to buckle b/n RA50 and BB. I was very happy to get 3 kids in the back (and so were my parents who didn't have to climb into the back to ride with us!).

nannykates

2010 8 passenger Toyota Sienna

2nd row driver to passenger RF marathon 3g(LATCH), FF Harnessed Pioneer 70(seatbelt+tether), Snugride classic connect 30 with base (LATCH).

I'm the tech that checked. The Pioneer's tether must be routed between the headrest posts because otherwise it slides off the sides of the seat. This would be true of the "90" seats as well.

RomErin

Our recent overnight guest (1.5 year old boy) had us testing out a three across situation. My husband conquered it with ease... 2009 Chevy Silverado extended cab. Two marathon 70s outboard, both RF. And center was a frontier 85. The marathons were both installed with latch. My little one couldn't believe there was another kid sitting backwards like he was. He's never ridden in a vehicle with another RF... It was cute!

xursusmaritimusx

I'm a tech.

2011 Scion XB

All installed with seat belt

driver side RF Britax Pavilion
center RF Combi Coccoro
passenger Kiddy CruiserFix Pro

driver side RF Britax Pavilion
center RF Chicco Keyfit 30
passenger Kiddy CruiserFix Pro

driver side RF Graco Snugride 35
center Kiddy CruiserFix Pro
passenger rf Diono Radian RXT

2013 Chrysler 200

all installed with seatbelt

driver side Graco Turbo booster
center Combi Coccoro
passenger Recaro ProBooster

Last edited:

rachelandtyke

2013 Buick LaCrosse

driver side: rearfacing Evenflo Triumph Advance, LATCH
center: Bubblebum
passenger: (rearfacing) Keyfit 30 with base, LATCH

Plenty of room to buckle the BB, but the way the buckle female ends are kind of inset makes it a pain. Would be the same for any booster.

thepote

2004 Hyundai Elantra

All seatbelt installs; not a tech.

RF Radian with AA, two twists of the belt stalk (driver)
BubbleBum, but only with 7yo DS3 who's is in size 6-7 shirts. DS2 (size 8-10) was too tall because there are no headrests there (middle)
Harmony Literider nbb (passenger side)

thistleglo

I'm a tech.

Honda Passport — which already offers so many seating positions and possibilities and by itself you can easily fit three across in the second row with most any car seats. However, we made it even easier using the RideSafer Travel Vest for our two "booster age" children, ages 8 and 6. Rear-facing Britax (I forgot which model, it was a hand me down, still within expiration date) using LATCH with a nearly 2yo.

We've managed to fit 6 kids (3 in each back row) using RideSafer vests for 4 of them and the RF seat and a friend's booster seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC