Successful Three Across thread

soapsuds

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe

Driver - Graco Turbobooster
Centre - Scenera FF
Passenger - Complete Air FF

All installed with a seatbelt as I could not get the latch to work well or tighten easily. I had to get a second person to help me tighten to get them rock solid.

The Scenera could install RFing but my daughter is over the height limit. Scenera is only seat that would fit well in centre position, other two did not work well there.

Scenera and Complete Air puzzle really well together as Complete Air sort of tucks in behind Scenera at the top.

ADS
V

VanIsleMommy

2006 equinox

Britax marathon rf behind driver seat, radian ff in middle, myride ff passenger side. All seatbelt installs.

Was a tech until January.

Jeni-GAcpst

2003 Lexus RX300. I am a tech.

I have a Britax Frontier 85 on passenger side with a Graco Size4Me (aka MySize70) in the center. Both seat belt installs. The two puzzle together perfectly. FFing S4M is about 1" narrower on the seat but wider through the shoulders. RFing S4M is slimmer through the shoulder space with a higher shell for more hip room.
The puzzling combo is about 30" wide at hip level on the seat, about 35" wide at the cupholder on the S4M.

I can fit *any* third seat on the driver side. I've had a RFing Britax advocate, another Frontier, a CA65, a very overweight adult, etc in that seat.

Here is my hand on the side of the S4M / MS70 shell showing the puzzle with the Frontier.
2013-02-09%2015.40.51.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvw3cjyq834wziq/2013-02-09%2015.40.51.jpg

Feel free to PM for more pics / measurements.

clmchrissy

2013 Malibu lt... Not tech check, but all installs were independently tight. All lap/shoulder belt installs & tethered seats.

Driver to passenger

RF RA50, Cosco Top Side, Cybex Xifx/PWSGL/Turbo booster Elite

Cosco Top Side/PWSGL, FF R120, RF RXT w/ angle adjuster.

PWSGL, FF RXT, PWSGL

staryla

2005 Toyota Corolla CE

Driver - Rear Facing Radian with Angle Adjuster
Center - Forward Facing Complete Air
Passenger - Graco Snugride 30

All seatbelt installs, checked by a tech (actually 4 and I was told I should be a tech:dance:).

The Graco infant seat fits puzzles perfectly on top of the Complete Air side (see pic)-if the CA was .5 inches taller this wouldn't work. No carseats are touching the front seats (thank you Angle Adjuster!)

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3246.jpg
    IMG_3246.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 80

sunflower

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Stow n Go:

Driver to Passenger: Third row

RF Snugride 22 / FF Radian Premier / Clek Foonf

Checked by a tech.

Foonf / FF Radian / Foonf can also fit.

The Snugride and Radian both needed a locking clip.

Last edited:

sunflower

2006 Dodge Caravan

Third Row:

Harmony backless / FF Scenera / Harmony Backless

It takes an extra minute to stick the hand in to buckle. Not for a younger child. (My 7 yr. old did not enjoy doing this.) I don't have this car anymore.

Last edited:

D&L's-mommy

2013 chevy cruze, not tech checked but all are independently tight

pass side- graco connext, latched
center- ff evenflo sureride, seatbelt
driver side- rf coccoro, seatbelt

mykidsmom

2006 Dodge Caravan

Third Row:

Harmony backless / FF Scenera / Harmony Backless

It takes an extra minute to stick the hand in to buckle. Not for a younger child. (My 7 yr. old did not enjoy doing this.)

We had a 3 across in a T&C, maybe 2010? one was a harmony in the outboard position. The easiest way to buckle it was with an adult going through the trunk and reaching over the seat. it was an easier angle and there was space for the hand. You may need to slide the seat slightly crooked to make more space to get in there, then after buckled, slide it right back. But you may not need to slide it at all either.

Mom2Bunnies

I finally installed a successful 3 across! (Not checked by a tech, but all independently tight)

We needed to get 2 FF harnessed kids, and 1 RF newborn in our small car.
Here's the only combo that worked for us:

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid
-Britax Marathon 70-G3; FF; seat belt installed; top tethered
-Diono Radian RXT; FF; seat belt installed; top tethered
-Baby Trend Flex Loc Infant Seat with base; seat belt installed

We tried everything I could think of in our second car first- thinking it was wider than the Hybrid (including Coccoro, Harmony Defender, First Years Via, etc)

2006 Honda Civic
Only combo that fit was:
-Cosco Scenera FF/ Diono Radian RXT FF/ Graco Snugride 22 withOUT base
BUT, I could not get the Snugride installed safely with the seltbelt, kept coming out of installation if back of seat was pulled up at all.

The successful combo in the Hybrid, did NOT work in the 2006 Civic. The bench seat is not as flat as the hybrid. The center seat is raised up an inch, and this was enough for the Radian's shoulder area to interfere with the Britax, making the Britax sit on the Radian and have the back corner of the base come off the vehicle seat an inch.

Attachments

• P1060556.jpg
    P1060556.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 100

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
2008 Subaru Legacy (wagon if that matters)

Passenger / Middle / Driver

baseless infant seat - probably anything but I used a SnugRide 32 / RF Radian with angle adjuster / FF Radian

baseless infant seat / FF Radian / RF Radian with AA but it was pretty reclined

Centre install required 3x twist of buckle stalk; outboard were both seat belt installs.

I probably could have fit a 3rd Radian instead of the SnugRide 32 but didn't have one to work with. I was trying to get an infant seat with a base, a FF seat and a RF seat. This is the only combo that worked. I did not have a Foonf to try though.

The RF Radian outboard was borderline incompatible because the bight is raised, so the Radian base prongs can't sink into the turn at the seat bottom/back. Extra effort is then required to ensure the front edge of the Radian is making contact with the vehicle seat back. Not fun. I am a tech.

D&L's-mommy

2013 chevy cruze, all seatbelt installs

driverside-rf coccoro ( can also do latch)
center, ff sureride
passenger side- connext (latched)
with the sureride ff in the center I can only fit a nbb, not a hbb

driverside- ff sureride
center- rf coccoro
passenger side- connext (latched)

driverside- ff sureride
center- rf coccoro
passenger side- hb or nb turbobooster (have to remove the headrest with hbb), must scoot booster over, buckle push back

I also tried a monterey, and santa fe in place of the booster, they did not fit.a vivo fit, but also required the scoot and buckle

Last edited:

AK Dad

2010 Ford Escape

Driver NextFit, RF, LATCH

Middle Radian RXT, RF, seatbelt,2x twists on belt stalk, locking clip, no Angle Adjuster, RF tethered below passenger seat rail.

Passenger Frontier85, seatbelt, long belt path, top tether

Notes: Radian fit better beside NextFit without using the AA so the sides didn't push on each other. Tried just about every other combination of placement and this was the only way I could get it to work!

kam1011

2011 Toyota Sienna
Third Row

Evenflo Amp (backless) - RF MyRide 65 (seatbelt) - Graco Affix
(It was very hard to buckle the affix this way)

I would not recommend this daily setup with the MR in the mix. It works for our trip tomorrow with another family.

Graco Affix - RF MyRide 65 (seatbelt) - Harmony youth booster

scoutingbear

2013 Toyota Sienna
3rd row. Turbo booster passenger side, FR85 center, RF Radian driver side. All independently tight. just enough room for the booster rider to buckle. I am a tech.

2013 Toyota Sieann
2nd Row
Monterey booster passenger side, RF or FF CCO center, RF radian outboard. Really, any seat will fit outboard. The MySize also fits FF in the center seat.

jbaitz

2007 Nissan Pathfinder
FF ESK400 - latch - outboard driver
RF SR30 - seatbelt - middle
TB or Big Kid NBB - outboard passenger

2002 Chevy Silverado
TB or Big Kid NBB - outboard driver
RF SR30 - seatbelt or latch - middle
FF CA65 - seatbelt - outboard passenger

2013 Honda Odyssey
FF Britax Frontier 90 - seatbelt - outboard driver
RF Britax MA70 - latch - middle
TB or Big Kid NBB outboard passenger
(I think we can probably do any configuration in this van!)

nmb

Current setups for 3 kids -

'07 Kia Rondo:
Nautilus harnessed - driver
RF Radian - center (very difficult install, has to be there for NB angle)
Parkway SG - passenger. Very little room to buckle, but 6 yr old manages. Harmony literider gives more room by at least a few inches.

'03 Dodge Ram:
Frontier85 harnessed - driver
Clek Oobr - center (no LATCH)
Snugride 30 - passenger

until this weekend, setup in the Rondo was:
Nautilus harnessed - driver
Parkway SG - center
Snugride 30 basesless - passenger.
This setup requires having the infant seat out of the vehicle while booster rider buckles, then putting the Snugride halfway on the vehicle seat and buckling (loosely), then pushing the Snugride over in place and locking & tightening the seatbelt. Both booster and Snugride seatbelt female ends come out from behind the booster.

mom2bnjl

3 across in a 2008 Dodge Caliber SXT

3 across in a 2008 Dodge Caliber SXT:
2 RFing Foonfs, outboard, LATCH install
Diono Radian RXT, FFing in the center, seatbelt install

To get the Radian in tight, I sat in the seat and pushed back with my feet braced against the center floor cupholders while my husband fed the seatbelt into the retractor and then tightened the tether strap. The Foonfs were a breeze. Husband is 6'2" and isn't terribly comfortable, but could drive. (I suspect he'll be primarily driving our minivan and I'll be driving the Caliber from now til our kids are FFing.) This is my first Radian install, and while we needed it to make it the 3 across work (I couldn't justify buying a Foonf for a 4 year old), I am not a fan.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC