Successful Three Across thread

CourtneyL

2013 Honda Fit with three RF Combi Coccoros. All installed with seatbelt.

IMG_75711_zps7df30111.jpg

IMG_75731_zpsfb9fd5d4.jpg

I don't actually need a three-across, but I was curious if it would actually fit. With some finagling, each CCO could be installed independently tight. There is decent front seat room left.

ADS
U

Unregistered

2001 Ford Explorer XLT
3 across the back - 1 Evenflo Symphany 65 Rearfacing behind passenger seat - with seat belt
1 Diono Radian RXT in infant position Rearface in center - with seat belt
1 Graco High back booster forward facing behind driver seat - with seat belt

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
2005 Honda CRV (2005 Honda CR-V for searchability) with leather seats.

FF Radian behind passenger with 1x twist of buckle stalk, pushed over to the door as far as possible.

RF Radian with angle adjuster centre with 1x twist of buckle stalk

Passenger side has lots of options as it's the '40' side of the 60/40 split. We tried a FF Complete Air with seat belt, and a SnugRide 35 with seat belt (pushed the base over toward the door).

I am a tech.

U

USNavymommy

2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon :)

3 across and checked:

FF RadianR100 via latch
FF RadianR100 via seatbelt (in center)
RF Combi Corroco via belt or latch

autumnlily

2010 Prius (standard body)

All with seat belts for installation. One really needs to push the outboard seats as close to the doors as possible.

Forward facing: Next gen Blvd
Center: Harmony Youth low back booster
Forward facing: Radian

I was also able to do (all forward facing) radian/blvd/bubble bum. I much prefer the 1st combo I mentioned.

I am tech.

Pixelated

2003 Honda Odyssey

Frontier with long belt path / RF Diono Radian with angle adjuster (didn't try it without - probably would have worked) / FF SKJP Radian

RF Radian did not have contact with the 2nd row as long as the head rest for it was removed and it was 3 clicks from all the way back. I have a RF seat there usually so this is fine.

Did not work with the Frontier in the middle, or the Frontier next to the FF seat.

Attachments

• DSC00363.jpg
    DSC00363.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 85

Ninetales

2004 Chevrolet Impala

FF Complete Air outboard driver's side
RF Radian R120 with angle adjuster center
RF Graco Snugride 35 outboard passenger side

Sidbree

2006 Chrysler Pacifica 5-passenger

Driver, Center, Passenger
RF Radian, Britax Frontier 85, Harmony Cruz-checked by a CPST
RF Alpha Omega Elite, Britax Frontier 85, Harmony Cruz-not checked
RF Alpha Omega Elite, Britax Frontier 85, Graco Snugride 22-not checked

Jessica61624

2006 Hyundai Sonata

All seat belt. Radian is incompatible with latch.

Rear facing radian, Britax parkway, rear facing radian

Forward facing boulevard 70, britax parkway, rear facing radian
IMAG4892_zps24fb6b19.jpg

Britax parkway, forward facing radian, rear facing radian

Forward facing boulevard 70, forward facing radian, rear facing radian

Harmony lite rider, forward facing radian, rear facing radian

Britax frontier 85, rear facing radian, forward facing radian

None were checked by a tech. This is a super hard 3 across car so I hope this helps someone!

KaiLing

2005 Mazda 3 (4 door)

RF coccoro behind driver.
Frontier 85 center, Long Belt Path.
RF SKJP Radian XTSL behind passenger, with AA.

All seat belt installs. I didn't work with it much, but I don't think the Radian would have fit next to the FR85 without the AA. I didn't put a passenger in the front seat, but there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of room. If this was long term I'd switch it and brace the radian on the driver seat and put the CCO behind the passenger (child restraints can not touch passenger seat in the Mazda 3).

I am a tech.

Last edited:

Gidgetc13

2006 Nissan Altima

RF Radian with angle adjuster driver's side, 2 twists of buckle stalk
Recaro Prosport center
RF Graco Snugride 32 passenger side

All installed with seat belts, not checked by a tech

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 55

Gidgetc13

2010 Subaru Forester

RF Radian with angle adjuster driver side, seat belt
FF Radian center, seat belt
RF Graco Snugride 32 passenger side, latch

Not checked by a tech

Attachments

• 3across_driver.jpg
    3across_driver.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 3across_passengerside.jpg
    3across_passengerside.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 60

likes2shopalot

CPS Technician
2011 Kia Soul
(I have tried several more combos than I have pictures for!)
All of my three across are installed with seat belts, not LATCH.

RF Chicco NextFit
RF Diono RXT
RF Britax Blvd70G3
65638_10151535164869679_1240612747_n.jpg

Diono Monterey
FF Sunshine Kids/Diono Radian (would also work RF)
RF Britax Blvd 70 G3
320033_10151536150739679_624115162_n.jpg

Britax Parkway
Radian
Monterey
548325_10151536150959679_813610148_n.jpg

FF Blvd70G3
Radian
Monterey
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/541666_10151536151219679_1803209374_n.jpg

FF Britax Frontier, FF Radian, RF NextFit

FF Radian, FF Radian with RF Coccoro or RF Britax Roundabout50 or RF Britax Boulevard 70G3

Monterey Booster or MaxiCosi Rodi Booster center with FF Radian with RF Radian or RF Britax Boulevard 70G3 or NextFit

Okay, I could probably keep going. I guess the point is, lots of combos will work in a Kia Soul, they are way more roomy than they appear!!

AuntieKatie

My just-barely successful 3 across from today.

1998 Toyota Camry

HBTB with my peanut. Almost 6 years old, about 40 pounds.

EFTA FF with 18 month old. Please don't scream at me. Not my choice to have him facing this way. He weighs about 30 pounds.

Harmony light rider. Almost 8 years old, about 75 pounds. His normal ride is a NBTB but it wouldn't fit.

It was a tight squeeze and I tore up my hands buckling in the big kids but it was worth it to get to take all three of them :)

I realized looking at the picture that my girl's headrest needs to come up a click, it's fixed now.

I want to try the baby RF but I'll have to weigh him first, he may be too close to 35# clothed for it to work.

(Hoping the pic attached)

Attachments

• image-3536134941.jpg
    image-3536134941.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 89

birdflippin'

2011 Chevy Silverado extended cab

All seatbelt installs. Passenger side, Graco Turbo booster. Centre, Evenflo Triumph Advance, RF. Driver's side, SKJP Radian 65, FF.

No pics, it's my BIL's truck that we borrowed for the day and he had left DNe's booster in it. I could have easily fit my other Radian FF with room to spare but DS1 was at school.

Last edited:

mommycat

2007 Honda Civic (I am a tech)

Not three seats but still...

Drivers' side adult in seatbelt

Centre seatbelt install with Graco Nautilus, placed slightly off-centre towards drivers' side

Passenger side Clek backless (tight fit and had to shove the armrests against the Nauti, the rigid LATCH was not used) OR Harmony Backless (better fit). Buckling the booster was a pain (in the knuckles).

I suspect using 2 Harmony backless on either side if the Nauti would be possible bit did not have a chance to try this.

LittlePeanut

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L

passenger side/centre/driver side

2nd row:

High back Graco TurboBooster/Apramo LBB using shoulder belt positioning clip/Britax Frontier XT using LBP

* both booster seats are slightly less easy to buckle but buckles are perfectly accessible albeit snug. Apramo fits beautifully on the +1 and is perfectly tapered at the base as not to sit on the seat belt buckles.

3rd row:

FF SKJP Radian XT/Apramo LBB using shoulder belt positioning clip/HB TurboBooster

*Again, great fit without the boosters sitting on the seat belt stalks. Also tight but nicely accessible. I had to twist the seatbelt stalk down 2.5 times to ensure it was far enough away from the belt path on the Radian install.

I'm sure a Harmony Booster would fit just as well in the Apramo locations.

The harnessed seats are independently tight and tethered.

I am a tech.

creideamh

Mazda CX-7 - leather seats, not sure on year

Driver - RF Diono Radian R100 with angle adjuster but would be fine without, not tethered
Center - FF Diono Radian R100 with recline & top tethered
Passenger - RF Chicco Keyfit with base using built-in lockoff

I'm a tech. All seatbelt installs, all independently tight. Took an hour, zero extra space, the center TT anchor was a PITA to reach. I tried all RF first (Radian, Keyfit, Radian...then Keyfit, Radian, Radian), but they didn't puzzle in any way. I'm fairly certain putting the Radians FF outboard and the Keyfit in the center would work fine as well.

scoutingbear

2005 Highlander

From passenger side to driver side:
Frontier85 SBP seatbelt install
RF Headwise
Backless Monterey, topside, harmony, etc. The highback monterey didn't fit due to the sides and the cupholder on the headwise. I'll try a parkway when dh gets home with his car.

I am a tech.

Pixelated

2003 Honda Odyssey

3rd row bench seat, middle seat belt is a type 2A that is a functional lap belt on its own but has a detachable shoulder portion for boostered kids. It's a bit clunky and awkward with a booster but possible if needed.

Passenger / Centre / Driver

FF Radian / Harmony Youth Booster (lite rider) / RF MyRide

FF Radian / HB Turbo (tough to buckle) / RF MyRide

FF Radian / RF Radian with angle adjuster (no go without the adjuster) / RF MyRide

FF Radian / FF Radian / Harmony Youth Booster (lite rider)

FF Radian / FF Radian / HB Turbo (tough to buckle)

FF Radian / FF MyRide / HB Turbo

FF Radian / FF MyRide / Harmony Youth Booster (lite rider) with lots of room to buckle

Attachments

• Odyssey3across6.jpg
    Odyssey3across6.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Odyssey3across5.jpg
    Odyssey3across5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Odyssey3across3.jpg
    Odyssey3across3.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Odyssey3across2.jpg
    Odyssey3across2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Odyssey3across1.jpg
    Odyssey3across1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Odyssey3across8.jpg
    Odyssey3across8.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 57

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC