Successful Three Across thread

Phineasmama

2009 Honda CR-V

Driver's side- Cybex X-Fix, not latched. An Oobr will also fit in this position (again, not latched). Graco high back turbobooster will also fit.

Middle- FFing Diono RXT installed with LATCH

Passenger- RFing Diono RXT installed with seat belt and angle adjuster

(more pics later)
1B7EA854-03CF-4807-9886-317BF5D08A5B-6075-0000049797C7BCA8.jpg

DD1 in the booster is 5.5 and somewhere around 45 lbs. Very skinny! The booster is not too hard to buckle, but sometimes you have to dig for the buckle, they are soft belt stocks.
DS is 35 lbs and just went FFing last week. I do have the Safe Stop on. The two Radians are in there rock solid.

love the belt fit
CE18B763-74EE-4A75-A4D1-A56BD4B57DF4-9729-00000798483618B1.jpg

B68489C5-39B0-4DD1-ADCC-063FC1AA3598-9729-000007984EEF39BC.jpg

0C8D4CB6-32C3-471D-8B25-130495A0DE66-9729-000007985796FEFC.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

t.tewks09

'03 Chevy Cavalier Sedan

Graco MyRide 65 installed behind passenger with seatbelt
Radian R120 installed center with seatbelt
Chicco Keyfit base installed behind driver with seatbelt

IMG_9130.jpg

mdsvc89

2010 Prius, 3 boosters as follows:

2 Evenflo Big Kid Amps outboard, bubblebum center. Easy buckling (the almost 8 year old who is center can even manage the bubble bum on his own, including routing through the red thing).

Daily carpool!

Aurezalia

2008? Toyota Prius

I am a tech

From driver-passenger side, we had:
Graco Nautilus, FF with harness
FF Radian XTSL
RF Radian XTSL

All L/S seatbelt installs, FF'ing seats both top tethered.

V

VanIsleMommy

In trying to search for 2013 Equinox I found a post in here for a 3 across install of a 2006 Chevy Equinox & googled it's manual. The 3 across posted in this thread is NOT allowed. Even though the post is old I wanted to post the correction for future people that may have or buy a 2006 Equinox.

http://www.manualowl.com/am/Chevrolet/2006-Equinox/Manual/402

has that post been corrected? what about the three across is unacceptable? I see a three across all with lap/shoulder belts which should be fine?

jwilliams

2011 Honda Insight. 48.7" rear hip room.

Chicco KeyFit 30 (RF) - LATCH
Diono Radian RXT (FF) - belt + tether
Chicco KeyFit 30 (RF) - LATCH

Not inspected by a tech yet. Tight fit getting all three in there, but have installed them and taken out the adjacent seat to check security. Would have the Radian RF but the KeyFits handles interfere. Once infants have outgrown the KeyFits, I suspect we will be buying Combi Coccoros and hopefully I will be able to flip the Radian around. The Combis should easily last RF until our lease is up (infants will be 2.5 yrs old; big sister at 3 yrs is 38" and 30lb, and little sisters are smaller than she is). Irritated that I will have to buy two more high-capacity RF seats once we get a new car, but a) safety first! and b) still cheaper than prematurely ending our lease.

Will be trying Radians in there in case they somehow fit, but it's doubtful.

Lesson: if you're leasing a car when pregnant, make sure you know there is only ONE baby in there first!

mommycat

2007 Honda Civic sedan

Harmony backless / FF classic Marathon / harmony backless

MA installed with seatbelt and top tether **with the female end of the buckle flipped over half turn so the button is inside** this is crucial since otherwise the Harmony armrests will unbuckle the MA seatbelt (found this out the hard way when I punched myself in the nose when tightening the MA install next to the Harmony sitting there to hold its space).

The harmony armrests wedge in under the metal bars on the MA with the hard plastic bolsters on the other side, so they are basically wedged in there like they were designed just to fit together. Buckling is annoying but not impossible. Buckle biters to hold the female buckle in place would make it much easier.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
98 Ford Taurus wagon

Driver / Middle / Passenger

Nautilus / RF SKJP Radian with angle adjuster / FF SKJP Radian

Shove outboard seats as far outboard as possible to get them away from the long buckle stalks. Twist buckle stalks on outboard Radian 3x, and for Nautilus 1x. For centre Radian (lap belt only) buckle will only twist two times (if I am remembering correctly). Be careful about where the latchplate lands once tightened to ensure it stays tight. Not sure the Radian would work in the centre without the angle adjuster.

jwilliams

I posted above re: Honda Insight three across, and would like to add that the KeyFits are now belt installs and the Radian is LATCH. A much better, easier install for the Radian. I love that seat, but it isn't the easiest to work with!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I posted above re: Honda Insight three across, and would like to add that the KeyFits are now belt installs and the Radian is LATCH. A much better, easier install for the Radian. I love that seat, but it isn't the easiest to work with!

Thanks for updating about your 3 across installations. I noticed you're now indicating a LATCH installation for your Radian, and your earlier post above indicated the Radian was installed in the center with your KeyFits installed outboard on either side of the Radian in your Insight. Did you reinstall the Radian in an outboard seating position in your Insight using LATCH by any chance, or is it currently installed in the center using lower LATCH anchors? If the latter, you'll need to reinstall the Radian in the center using the vehicle seatbelt, or reinstall it outboard if you wish to utilize lower LATCH anchors to install. This is because Honda only allows a lower LATCH anchor installation in vehicle seating positions with dedicated sets of lower LATCH anchors which are only in the outboard positions in your Insight's back seat. While the Radian's manufacturer allows "borrowing" an innermost lower LATCH anchor from each side to do a center installation if the borrowed lower LATCH anchors are spaced between 11 and 14 inches apart, it also has to be allowable by the vehicle manufacturer to be deemed an allowable installation, and Honda doesn't allow borrowing. :eek:

jwilliams

:( Noted and fixed. I am so glad I posted this on here - no one has ridden in it with the center LATCH install. I didn't even think of it not being allowed - thank you so much.

Jessica61624

Did you get the Radian RF? Can you put the keyfits side by side and the Radian RF behind the driver or passenger? How old is the child?

Eta I see she is 3. Im fine with FF at that age. One other thing is you could get 2 cosco Scenera when they outgrow the infant seats. I believe they are slightly taller also.

Andie

2002 Buick Rendezvous

Driver / Middle / Passenger

FF Complete Air - LATCH + tether
Graco Snugride 22 - seatbelt
Backless Sunshine Kids/Diono Monterey - seatbelt

Not tech checked, but I did check for independent install. A little tricky to buckle Monterey, but doable.

Also did

Britax Frontier - seatbelt
BabyTrend Flex Loc - seatbelt
Backless Monterey - seatbelt

A couple weeks ago with Judi so it was tech checked. :) The Rendezvous is pretty 3 across friendly.

rachelandtyke

2005 Toyota Camry

driver side: ffing TF
middle: HBTB
passenger side: baseless KF 30 (I think I would have had room for the base, but didn't try it as this is my parents' car, and we'd be flying to see them so wouldn't take the base.)

also

driver side: ffing TF
middle: backless TB (would have to stay buckled and have child slide in and out of seatbelt)
passenger side: rfing TF

A

AllisonK

I got a carseat tech to come out and install three across in my 2012 Volkswagen Jetta:

Rear-facing Radian (with angle adjuster) behind the passenger (via seatbelt)
Forward-facing Radian in the middle (via seatbelt)
Rear-facing Graco snugride behind the driver (with LATCH)

:)

KaiLing

2008 Subaru Outback
Baseless KeyFit outboard behind passenger
RF Radian with AA center
adult seat belt outboard behind driver.

Could have gotten a FF radian outboard behind driver. KeyFit did not fit with the base.

All installations done with seat belt, I'm a tech.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC