Successful Three Across thread

NannyMom

2004 Nissan Xterra. No pics, but we were helping a family expecting twins.

Keyfit
Safeguard Go
Keyfit

posted for "the carseat lady"

ADS

Sunshy9

2008 Pontiac G6:
Driver/middle/passenger (2nd row)

All tight and independent:
TB can buckle, but can also ‘pull out, buckle, push back in place’ trick for better access.

Graco SS1 w/Base / Evenflo Generations Harnessed Booster / Graco HB Turbo Booster
seatbelt with Base lock off/ LATCH and Top Tether /seatbelt

Graco Snugride w/Base / Evenflo Generations Harnessed Booster / Graco HB Turbo Booster
LATCH / LATCH and Top Tether /seatbelt

Graco HB Turbo Booster / Evenflo Generations Harnessed Booster / Graco HB Turbo Booster
seatbelt / LATCH and Top Tether /seatbelt

2007 GMC Envoy:
Graco HB Turbo Booster / Evenflo Generations Harnessed Booster / Graco HB Turbo Booster
seatbelt / LATCH and Top Tether /seatbelt

Hard to LATCH in the middle but it works :)

ulrich7

2001 Plymouth Voyager
all seatbelt installs
not tech checked but independently tight

3 seater bench either middle or back (I have 2 - 3 seaters in my van)

Drivers/Middle/Passenger

HB TB/rf MR/ HB TB

rf MR/rf RN80/ HB TB

rf MR/rf RN80/RF EFTA

rf Avenue/rf MR/rf RN80

rf MR/rf RN80/rf Scenera40

GN/rf RN80/rf MR

The RN80 requires 3 twists of belt stalk and most of the rest require 2 (except boosters).

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
2010 Chevrolet Impala
Driver----Middle---Passenger
FF RNXT--Keyfit30--FF Avenue
All seatbelt installs, independent, but not checked by tech. The impala had a HUGE backseat, and three dedicated sets of LATCH. Great sedan for 3 across.

2007 Honda Fit
Driver---Middle---Passenger
FF RNXT--FF Scenera--Keyfit30
All with seatbelts. Independent, but not checked by tech. Radian was pushed as far over to the door as possible. The top of the seat is actually just barely touching the frame of the car. Because of the low profile of the seat it didn't interfere with closing/opening the door. Scenera and Radian puzzle great together. The radian fits just under the sides of the Scenera.

Last edited:

Angela

2007 Kia Rondo - 7 passenger - all independently installed. Nevermind the harness in the My Ride, the headrest behind the Avenue, and the My Ride (ff) wasn't tethered yet. I was just playing tonight.

Passenger - Safety 1st Avenue (rf), Middle - My Ride 65 (ff), Driver - Graco Turbobooster
picture.php

Passenger - Safety 1st Avenue (rf), Middle - My Ride 65 (rf), Driver - Graco Turbobooster
picture.php

I will be trying a few more combos in the coming weeks, and will update my post then. I am now able to fit 5 seats in my car! One of these 2 combos with either 2 Turboboosters, or a Turbobooster and Coccoro (rf) in the 3rd row.
picture.php

leelee

2006 Honda Pilot

Driver/middle/passenger (2nd row)

RF Coccoro / FF Radian / FF Frontier (1st generation)
LATCH / seatbelt & TT / seatbelt & TT

I am a tech.

4918111543_91a8d96f8f_z.jpg

4918710740_6470b18d2a_z.jpg

4918112355_d4aa136738_z.jpg

How did you get the radian in the middle FF? I couldn't do it for the life of me but I would realy like to know how you did?

Mom2FiveGirls

I didn't get any pictures, but we had a 2010 chevy impala (rental car) a few days this past week and I got a high back turbo booster behind the driver seat, nautilus in the center, and scenera (both RFing and FFing) behind the passenger seat. All seatbelt installs, not checked by a tech, but I made sure they were all installed independently.

emtb79

2007 Honda Odyssey
2nd row
Passenger/center/driver
RF Boulevard70(latch)/Snugride 35(seat belt)/FF True Fit Premier(seat belt)
FF Boulevard70(latch)/Snugride 35(seatbealt)/FF True Fit Premier(seat belt)

Also using top tethers for forwar facing seats. Snug ride wasnt as reclined as I would have liked it but still the ball was completely in the proper positioning.

picture.php

Last edited:

thepote

2004 Hyundai Elantra

I'm not a tech, but all were independently tight. All installed with seatbelt and top tethered.

FF Recaro Como, FF Radian XT, FF Uptown.

The RadianXT puzzled under the sides of the Como and Uptown. Sorry no pics... my camera went camping with DH and the older kids.

emtb79

2004 Chevy Cavalier

Driver/center/passenger

Snugride 35/Graco Nautilus/RF Radian 65SL
picture.php
picture.php

The Radian Installed crazy upright and like it was meant to go in the car. All were seatbelt installs. The Gracos were used with there lock offs and one twist on the Radian's female stalk. And the SR35 is wearing Safe Seat clothing.

amy&girls

Successful in my 2006 Kia Sedona:

(current set-up)
passenger side Evenflo Big Kid Booster, middle Cosco Scenera (installed with seatbelt), and Turbobooster

I can also get
evenflo big kid booster/harmony literider/turbo booster
big kid booster/safeseat1 (with seatbelt)/turbo booster
nautilus (seatbelt install)/harmony literider/turbo booster

LittlePeanut

I'm a tech and all were independantly tight. All with seatbelt installs and the FF seat is top tethered (by law in Canada).

2008 VW Passat Wagon (driverside/centre/passenger)

FF Radian/Snugride with base/RF Radian (tethered)

The RF Radian was at more of a toddler recline (30-35 degrees)

I could not get them tightly using LATCH (only allowed in outboard positions) in the 3 across.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How did you get the radian in the middle FF? I couldn't do it for the life of me but I would realy like to know how you did?

Did you try twisting both buckle stalks -- the one where the belt comes out of the ceiling and plugs in, and the one where the seat belt buckles?

I was able to get a Radian FF in every position of the Pilot, just need to borrow my roommate's computer to get everything uploaded.

cdncasper

2008 Honda Civic

Driver to Passanger

RF Marathon/RF Radian/FF Radian

All using seatbelts and all are tethered and independent secured.

Checked and installed by 2 techs (thanks Jewels)

threeacross003.jpg

threeacross001.jpg

I have also done FF MA/FF RN/RF SS1

NannyMom

2000 Volvo XC70

FF Radian, passenger's side
RF Roundabout, center
FF Nautilus, driver's side

We couldn't remove the headrest in the center, so we couldn't put the forward facing seats there. Checked by a tech, all seats were independently tight.

Pixels

2005 Hyundai Tucson

Passenger - BabyTrend FlexLoc with base
Center - RFing Coccoro
Driver - FFing Boulevard

All seatbelt installs. LATCH is too far toward the center of the vehicle. Initially I was able to install the BT by locking the belt at the retractor, but after taking all the seats out and reinstalling, I couldn't get it tight that way and used a locking clip. We also tried the BV in the center, but that didn't work.

Removed the head restraint behind the Boulevard.

I am a tech.

r26

Thanks to Wendy - all checked out and AOK!

A big credit card bill for car seats - but better than a new car!

2002 Toyota Camry

If I was shorter I would leave the 2nd Radian RF and put the Britax outboard - but as it is works better for the tall adults in the family.

4 year old - 45 lbs - 43 in
Drivers side / FF Radian 80 SL / seat belt

Baby to be (around 10 lbs / 21+ in based on the last 2) - will be moved to a RF Radian
Middle / Britax Companion / seat belt

2.5 year old - 33 lbs - 35 in
Passenger side / FF Radian / latch w/ super latch

Chevy Silverado 2007
Driver side / Graco / seatbelt 5-pt
Middle / Radian 80 RF / seat belt
passenger side / Graco / latch

mommygraham

In a 2004 Mazda Tribute

Radian XTSL rfing outboard passenger side
Radian XT ffing center
Graco snugride rfing (obviously :) ) outboard drivers side

It also fits well with:
XTSL ffing outboard passenger side
snugride rfing center
XT ffing outboard drivers side

luckyclov

2009 Jeep Liberty

RF Coccoro, center, SB installed (Euro style w/ locking clip).
2 Montereys outboard, LATCH'ed

These were/are not checked but a tech (yet), but I installed the CCO first (definitely less than 1" of movement), then each Monterey. The Montereys do not hang off the seat. It's tight, but do-able. The Montereys are LATCH'ed, but loose since, at the moment (do we still need to buckle the seats when they're empty if it's loose?), we move them out a little, buckle, then move them back in. The seats touch but there is no bracing. The CCO is independently secure.

todzwife

2008 Subaru Tribeca

*not pictured* ALL Seat belt installs unless noted
FF RN XT Outboard passenger
FFRN XT Center
RF Coccoro outboard driver

FF RN XT outboard driver
FF RN XT center
RF keyfit w/ base (latched)outboard passenger (I had to ride w/ my knees in the dash though)

FF RN XT outboard driver
FF RN XT center
RF or FF Scenera (scenera HAS to be outboard passenger because of its base thing)

And my latest:
FF RN XT outboard driver
Coccoro RFing center
Parkway SG outboard passenger
001-35.jpg

Room to buckle the parkway:
002-31.jpg

003-35.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC