Successful Three Across thread

agurlsride

I should add this as I just discovered it last week. Yea!!

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. All installed with seat belts (lap/shoulder outboard and lap only in middle). All three have TAs (we have an EZ On TA in center).

Nautilus (behind driver), Frontier (middle), Generations old style (behind passenger). The Nautilus did not fit behind the passenger only behind driver.

Nautilus (behind driver), Frontier (middle), Oobr (behind passenger).

Nautilus (behind driver), Frontier (middle), Maestro (behind passenger).

Generations (behind driver), Frontier (middle), Maestro (behind passenger).

The Generations, Maestro, and Oobr will fit on either side next to the Frontier. I am a tech. All seats were independently tight.

Wow, I am impressed! I had a hard time with 2 PWs and a Scenera!

ADS

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
Wow, I am impressed! I had a hard time with 2 PWs and a Scenera!

I was too! I knew I could get a Snugride and the Generations next to the Frontier. Also, I knew that two Turbo Boosters would fit and the Oobr, but I was surprised about the Nautilus and Maestro. I just had to play. It is VERY tight. I have tiny hands and it was hard for me to get inbetween to buckle seats. I ended up moving them out to buckle and then tightening. To loosen was a tad harder.

I wish I could get my ProBooster in there. It is just too wide at the shoulders to do three across. The center is lap only so I like to keep a car seat there since I don't yet own an 86-Y.

autumnlily

2003 Toyota Highlander

3 Chicco KeyFits
installed with base (lap/shoulder belts in all three positions)

Had to twist the middle seat belt stalk down - but other than that, it was an extremely easy install.

Checked by Tech (me:whistle:)

***Fairly confident that 3 Safety 1st OnBoard Air (Air Protect) with "premium" bases fit across the 2003 Highlander as well*** (only had two to work with)

Pixels

2002 Honda Civic sedan

Passenger's - RF Radian, LATCH
Center - FF Radian, seatbelt, twist female buckle stalk down 1.5 turns
Driver's - Baby Trend FlexLoc with base, seat belt with locking clip

NOT an easy feat at all. The Baby Trend had to be seat belt, LATCH wouldn't work. Needed a locking clip on this seat belt to get it tight. Using the switchable retractor left the seat loose, no matter how much slack I removed there was just too much play. The passenger's side Radian had to be LATCH, seat belt wouldn't work.

I tried the Baby Trend without the base, but that didn't work. Using the base let it puzzle much better.

All installs were independently tight. When I took out the center seat to check, both outboard seats went from rock-solid to a bit of wiggle, but less than an inch. I am not looking forward to getting this all put back together.

I am a tech.

emtb79

2007 Honda Odessey

Driver/middle/passenger
2nd row
Backless Turbo/SR35 using lock-off/ Graco Nautilus Elite using lock-off just to see how it works
picture.php

3rd row
RF Roundabout(40# FF limit), Generations 65(1.5 twists)/FF Radian65(2 twists)
picture.php

For the Radian and Generations install I had to recline the vehicle to install then sit it back up and seatbelts were tightened, first I installed the Generations, 2nd Radian, 3rd ROundabout when seat backs were back in their upright position. The Roundabout went in real quick and easy.

All installs are seat belts, all are tight, not checked yet.

Last edited:

MommySteph06

2003 Volkswagon Jetta

-Graco Nautilus, with seat belt or LATCH (behind passenger)
-Chicco Keyfit 30 with base, with seat belt (middle)
-Sunshine Kids Radian65SL (FF), LATCH (behind driver)

I am not a tech, but these were installed by techs. I could not for the life of me get the Radian installed. I'm usually good at installing, but not that one. Ugh!! Glad it's an option for us doing a 3 across, but man! Wish it was easier to install. What a pain in the behind!! :thumbsdown:

Chely7425

I got 3 RF across the back of my 2010 Jeep Liberty, not checked by a tech but I did everything I could to make sure they were independently secure. All were seat belt installs.

Drivers outboard - SR35
Center - RF CA
Passenger outboard - RF Scenera

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

Driver's side to passenger side:
FF Complete Air
FF Radian 80
RF Radian XTSL

All installed with seatbelts, FF seats tethered (we're on vacay so I didn't bother with the RF Radian's tether.) Buckle stalk twisted down once for RF Radian, twice for FF Radian, 3 times for FF CA.

I am a tech.

FYI: do NOT recommend the Complete Air RF in the Malibu. It would be difficult but possible with one or maybe even 2 kids in the car (though it did better in the middle, so one would be easiest) but it was impossible with any other seats I owned (and I own a lot, lol) in a 3 across scenario. It does go in nicely FF and puzzles well with the FF Radian. I've had good luck puzzling with the CA in other cars, in both directions, so I was surprised. I think it was a combination of the CA's belt path for rear-facing, the contours of the seats, the squishiness of the seats, and several other factors. The seat just didn't play well with the car RF. And usually the seat is much easier to install RF than a Radian is; the Radian went in without a fuss!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
2008 Kia Spectra

Monterey/RF Radian/Monterey

Very, very tight, would not recommend for every day use. But it went in, and once we started sliding around the belts (instead of rebuckling) I stopped considering letting the kids ride unrestrained... :whistle: (I wasn't seriously considering that, of course. But I was about that frustrated with the rebuckling, lol.)

I didn't latch the boosters, although you probably could. Radian was installed with seatbelt.

monstah

2006 Ford Freestyle

Driver/middle/passenger (2nd row)

RF Coccoro / FF Radian / FF Frontier 85
LATCH / seatbelt & TT / seatbelt & TT

I am a tech.

monstah

2006 Ford Freestyle

RF Coccoro / FF Radian / Clek Oobr
LATCH / seatbelt & TT / LATCHed + seatbelt

I am a tech.

suomi

Successful install 2007 Honda Odyssey, 2nd row
FF behind driver Roundabout
Middle/jump seat Snugride
FF behind passenger MA

*Unsuccessful* install 2007 Odyssey, 2nd row
Behind driver Snugride
Middle/jump seat Roundabout FF
FF behind passenger MA
Roundabout and MA did not puzzle well

Above were done by car seat tech

Successful install 2002 Saturn SL-2
FF behind driver Cosco Scenera
Middle Snugride
FF behind passenger Graco Turbobooster
Tried a Evenflo Maestro behind passenger, could not shut door well.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
A few more in my 2006 Pilot...

All installs driver to passenger side, seatbelt unless otherwise indicated. I'm a tech, so yes, they've been checked.

Third row:
RF Radian / RF MyRide / RF Avenue
Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster / RF MyRide / any seat that fits on the 40 portion of the bench (Monterey, Coccoro, Avenue)

Second row:
Monterey/FPSVB/Pronto
Monterey/Pronto/RF Radian (Difficult to buckle -- kids all got in, kid in Pronto stood up and moved his seat over towards the Radian, buckled Monterey, and put Pronto back before buckling. Radian was LATCHed but could have been seatbelted, would have made no difference.)

The FPSVB/MR combo was particularly exciting; I haven't been able to fit anything non-RF back there on the 60 portion. The FPSVB is at its narrowest setting, however, and just barely fits.

wavegal

In MY 2006 Pilot

2nd row:
SS1, RF BLVD, RF TF (latch) all independent but not inspected.
SS1, RF TF, RF RN, again all independent but not inspected.

clmchrissy

2006 Honda Accord sedan

Passenger side RF Radian w/ seatbelt & RF tether
Center FF Radian w/ seatbelt & TT
Driver side Snugride 22 (without base) & seatbelt

All independently installed (not checked by a tech.).
All seatbelts were L/S.
RF Radian on passenger side requires seat moved forward due to advance air bags.

AliciaM

CPS Technician
2006 Honda Pilot

RF Coccoro / FF Radian / FF Frontier (1st generation)
LATCH / seatbelt & TT / seatbelt & TT

I am a tech.

4918111543_91a8d96f8f_z.jpg

4918710740_6470b18d2a_z.jpg

4918112355_d4aa136738_z.jpg

Danielliia

Make/Model/Year: Ford Focus, 2003
Install method: All seat belt
Configuration of seats: All RF
Seats used: All 2010 Radians
Checked by a Tech: no

Make/Model/Year: Ford Focus, 2003
Install method: LATCH, Seat belt, LATCH
Configuration of seats: FF, RF, FF
Seats used: Marathon, 2010 Radian, Marathon
Checked by a Tech: no
This was very squishy and would be a PITA to do regularly.

MarathonMama

2007 Kia Rondo (7pass)
Not checked by a tech, but all independently tight
All with belt unless stated otherwise

Driver/centre/passenger

FFXT (I believe 2 twists) / RFXTSL (belt all the way in the path) / SR 35(2twists)
IMG_2715.jpg

FFXT (same as above, 2 twists) / RFXTSL (belt in path) / TB (can buckle, but can also pull out, buckle, push back in place trick for better access)

IMG_2883.jpg

FFXT (again, same as above) / RFXTSL (belt in path) / RFMA (LATCH)
IMG_2886.jpg

FFXT (oh so gently nudged by door, 2 twists) / SR35 (3 twists) / ????? I'm sure you could fit almost anything there, except a RF RN (we tried!) NOTE: FFXT top tether not attached, as it is hanging down in the seat.
IMG_2889.jpg

The centre RN is always on a slant, and I'm pretty confident it's below 20 degrees, but it does often require to be reinstalled as the slant drives me nuts :whistle: With both RNs on the 60 part of the bench, there is tonnes of room on the 40 split! We could fit tonnes of things FF there, but we need a RF seat for our family at this time.

Last edited:

lpperry

2000 Ford Windstar

Safety First Avenue, Safety First Avenue, Graco MyRide (all rearfacing)

The Graco MyRide MUST be on the passenger side. The only reason this fits is because the side of the MyRide puzzles perfectly with that particular wall of the van.

343jlmx.jpg

Also, I have no pictures of these installations, but they work:

Cosco Scenera, Radian, Graco Snugride 22 or 32 (with or without base)-- all rearfacing

Cosco Scenera, Coccoro, Graco Snugride 22 or 32 (with or without base)--all rearfacing

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC