Successful Three Across thread

devildogtigress

2003 Kia Spectra Hatchback.

Driver Side - Coccoro RF (LATCH and belt...depending on my mood when I install it that time)
Middle - Radian 65 FF (belt)
Passenger Side - Britax Wizard FF (LATCH)

ADS

LuvMyCharlie

2002 Honda CRV

Frontier(pass.), RF Coccoro(center), RF Radian(driver)
LATCH, seatbelt, seatbelt

*could've used LATCH with the Radian but then it would've butted up next to the Coccoro and caused it to be less than 45-degrees
*Had to scoot the Frontier all the way over on the bench but not hanging off. Door shut easily.
*Both the Coccoro and the Radian required some buckle stalk twisting.

Checked by me.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
2003 Toyota Corolla

Drivers side to passenger side:

SafeGuard Child Seat, RF Radian, FF Radian
All with seatbelt and tether.

SafeGuard Child Seat, RF Radian, HB Turbo Booster
All with seatbelt, SGCS and Radian with tether.

I am a tech.

I was quite honestly astounded that the SGCS fit in there. Especially since it has to be 100% on the vehicle seat. But it does.

The FF Radian needs to have the recline foot down when installed outboard, for a tight install to be possible, and the buckle stalk has to be twisted down as far as possible.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
2007 Mazda 6.

RF key fit- latch
FF radian XTSL- seat belt
FF scenera- latch

2007Mazda62.jpg

2007Mazda6.jpg

dmpmercury

2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
3 rear facing seats :thumbsup:

Driver Side: Rear facing Cosco Scenera seat belt
Center: Rear facing Sunshine Kids Radian 80 seat belt and tether
Passenger Side: Rear facing Britax Boulevard latch and tether

checked by a tech :thumbsup:

I will get pictures up later. I am having computer issues at the moment.

I also did it with a foward facing marathon on the driver side in place of the Cosco and with foward facing Cosco Scenera on the driver side. They weren't checked but they were solid installs.

Charliee

2007 Honda Fit

2007 Honda Fit

Radian XT FF- seat belt install, 2 full stalk twists, recline foot down
Safe Seat with base- seat belt install
Radian XT FF- seat belt install, 2 full stalk twists, recline foot down

Each seat was checked for independent install.
*it's a very thin receiving blanket under the seats- my kids are slobs!

Last edited:

MOM25BOYS

2004 Ford Expedition... 3rd Row Bench seat which is 49" wide. There is about 2.5-3" of space between each seat to allow buckling of the boosters. :D Super, super excited that this combination meshed so perfectly together. :love:

SK Monterey
SK RN65 (seatbelt install with top tether attached)
SK Monterey

001-4-1.jpg

scoutingbear

2005 Highlander

Drivers side: KF 30 with base, LATCH
Middle: FF Radian 65, seatbelt
Passenger side: RF MR, seatbelt (would NOT work with LATCH with Radian next to it)

(And in the 3rd row, is a turbo)

I'll try and remember to get pictures tomorrow when we go out.

U

Unregistered

3 across success!

I am so excited I had to share! I fit 3 across installed correctly in my car, a 2003 MB c240, mostly thanks to advice I got here. I have a snugride behind the driver's seat, my 4yo forward facing in a Radian 65 in the middle and my 2yo rear facing behind the passenger seat in a Radian 65.

Thanks to all of those who posted about 3 across in a car. Getting 2 new car seats was a lot better than buying a new car.

mam1937

2010 Honda Odyssey

3rd row:
Drivers side: Rf cocorro
Center: FF marathon
Passenger side: FF radian

Not checked by a tech, but all three seats were independently rock solid.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
2003 Corolla

Driver's side to passenger side:

FF Complete Air, LATCH
RF Radian, seatbelt and top tether
FF Radian, LATCH

Radian in the center is the most difficult, as usual; the LATCH installs were a breeze. The CA puzzles well FF with a RF Radian as well as RF, good to know. :)

I am a tech.

Kat_Shoshin

2007 Saturn Vue

Passenger side to Driver's side:

RF TrueFit, UAS (Latch)
RF SK Radian, UAS (Latch)
FF 3 in 1 Eddie Bauer with base and seatbelt (Her original seat - I know - I couldn't believe it fit either. We bought something else, but got to return it!)

I could have easily used UAS for all 3 seats, but the strap on the 3 in 1 was gummed up so the seatbelt install was used and belt stock twisted down twice.

The radian as always was the most difficult install, and not as "Rock Solid" as the rest of them, but within acceptable limits. I have asked her not to take it out if she can help it, although she knows how. It took 3 of us to get it in as tight as it is. All other seats the owner feels she can pop out and pop back in without difficulty.

Also the Truefit puzzles wonderfully with the Radian when both are rearfacing - which is great to know! In this particular vehicle, only the Truefit fit outboard rearfacing of all the seats we had - because of the doorhandles jutting out into the seats.

I am a tech.

Here is a link to a thread which discusses this install at length and with photos:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=1273832&posted=1#post1273832

final photo:

Last edited:

ladybug_mom

I was at a baby expo on the weekend and had a mom come to me in panic since she was expecting her third next week and the rear seat in the Journey does not have top TA's. I told her I'd come out with my Radian and try an install with her.
Her DH was very happy to only have to buy a new car seat vs. a new van! ;)

Make/Model/Year: 2009 Dodge Journey
Install method: Latch (UAS) pax outboard, Seatbelt centre, Latch (UAS) behind driver
Configuration of seats: RF, FF, FF
Seats used: Snugride (22#), Radian, MA
Checked by a Tech: Yes- I am a tech

855565564_34ifm-M.jpg

Snugride needs a pool noodle for angle.
855568777_nGXU6-M.jpg

855571142_hXLG4-M.jpg

Last edited:

victor_4488

Three across in the rear seat!

Just successfully installed three Radian XTSL seats in our 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring.

The trick is to install the left and right seats first using the locking clip and shoulder belts. Then install the center seat last using the latches. The new XTSL "super latch" seats will be safe for kids up to 80 pounds.

4581657145_07740ef5f0_o.jpg

Cryssy Jane

2006 subaru impreza

Driver ------------ center ------------ passenger
RF MA ---------- rf XTSL ------------ TB

All seatbelt installs. Checked by me. Oh and XTSL is not tethered in pic... hadn't moved the D ring yet when pic was taken. TB was a PITB to buckle. A child would not be able to do it on their own, no way.
IMG_0773.jpg

Cryssy Jane

Drivers ----------- center--------- passenger
keyfit 30 ------- rf rn XTSL ------ frontier 85
2006 subaru impreza

keyfit base is in the picture because keyfit was in use.

All seat belt installed. frontier was way easier to buckle in that a booster. LBP install on the frn.
IMG_0793.jpg

Last edited:

ElfJewel

07 Honda Odyssey
3rd row
Driver: Graco Nautilus- seatbelt/tether
Middle: RF Radian-LATCH/tether
Passenger: FF Radian- seatbelt/tether
The 2 radians are on the 60 part of the bench, I had to connect the LATCH, then connect the seatbelt, then tighten both. It took some bouncing to get an upright install on the RF Radian. I could also fit a turbobooster on the driver side if I wanted to.
*Checked by SafeKids, they told me everything was installed right :thumbsup:

ETA also RF Radian (seatbelt)/RF MyRide (LATCH)/RF Radian (seatbelt)- not checked by a tech but independently tight

98 Saturn SL2
Driver: Evenflo Maestro- seatbelt/tether
Middle: RF Scenera- seatbelt
Passenger: highback Turbobooster
*Not checked by a tech. They are all tight but the armrests do touch the doors. Only the turbobooster fit next to the scenera. I looked at other boosters but the armrests were too high

Last edited:

AliciaM

CPS Technician
2006 Honda Pilot. Second row. All lap/shoulder belt installs with tethers. Both Frontiers use long belt path. Rock solid, checked by me. :)

Drivers side ------ center ------- Passenger side
FF Frontier ---- RF Radian XT ----- FF Frontier

Ignore the tether just hanging there, forgot to secure it before the pic.
4587043378_98d452e1fa.jpg

skitle1802

2002 Suburban 8-passenger
Third Row:
Radian, Graco nautilus, Radian. All seat belt installs.

I am not a tech, but these are rock solid and independently installed. Neither Radians are top tethered, just wanted to show it fit.

3across.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC