Successful Three Across thread

MamaLinzie

1997 Saturn SL1 4-door. Checked by a tech.

Behind Driver: RF Evenflo Titan 5. lap/shoulder belt, locking clip and two noodles.
Middle: RF Sunshine Kids Radian65, 06 model, lap belt only, not tethered yet.
Behind Passenger: Evenflo Discovery infant seat. Lap/Shoulder belt, locking clip, one large noodle.

3across001.jpg

3across002.jpg

3across003.jpg

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
whenever I installed an infant seat without the base I always made sure the shoulder portion was out. If you put the shoulder portion in there I think it gives too much of a lean. I am not 100% sure but I think you can also get a tighter install with the shoulder portion out.
That, plus the manuals specify to only use the lap portion.

mom1mg

I got 3-in-a-row in my Rondo - 5 Seats TOTAL

:):)I know there is a 3 in a row thread somewhere. BUT not where so mods please move this if you need to.

FYI- There is very little info on Rondo's here and I am SOOOO proud that I got 5 seats in! So 2007 Rondo - 7 (ya right) passenger model. 5 Kids today.

Middle row which is supposed to be three seats (for three VERY tiny people)
B505 Booster Driver Side, Could have also fit my Generations HWH

Radian RF in the middle - fits perfectly between the two front seats to get enough recline - there would have been even more room had I not used my back seat as I could have taken the foot room from it and moved the whole middle seat back.

Graco no back booster - passenger side - could have fit a smaller HBB there too.

--- This is a very tiny seat and there is NO way to get three seats in without huge edge hang-over and overlapping without that Radian in there.---

The only minor issue was to do up my B505 I had to pull the seat towards the door, get the child in, do it up - AND THEN push it back properly onto the seat or I would not have reached the buckle.

Back Row -- the kids had to climb in through the hatch because it is easier then moving seats. I hear this is common with the Rondo though :)

I had 2 Boosters - You can fit pretty well any two booster back there. Probably can't use a rear face seat in the back unless there is no passenger in the seat in front because there isn't enough room. CAN NOT instal a FF car seat -- NO tethers!!! It looks like there is but those are cargo hooks!

I would NEVER want to do this every day but it did work!:)

scootiemom

3 across third row of 05 Honda Odyssey.

Marathon FF outboard driver's side
Graco Cargo FF center installed with latch
Cosco Touriva FF outboard seatbelt.

It was tight. Took less work than I thought it would. Installed the Marathon first then the Cargo then the Touriva. Reclined the 60 portion of the third row to better access the seat belt stalk for the Touriva then pushed it back up.

aja

2006 ford explorer
snugride/snugride/ff como
no bases on the snugrides - all 3 belt installs.

i cannot believe how easy it was. we were moving the seats from my van to my dad's explorer in a horrible pouring rain thunderstorm on the side of a busy highway in like 6 inches of water. it was ridiculous but we got really good installs very quickly.

i even got a couple grainy/dark phone pics while my dad talked to the tow truck guy. :thumbsup:

3915460919_04fd68342e.jpg

3916244982_de6353a6dc.jpg

Last edited:

fyrfightermomma

No pics sorry.

2003 Ford Taurus Sedan

Combo 1 (or any variation)
KF/Radian/Radian all seatbelt. The LATCH is offcentered so it was too hard to fanagle

Combo 2
KF/Radian/GN all seatbelt
or
Radian/KF/GN

Combo 3
KF/Radian/YS

Combo 4

All Radians of course and 2 Radians and a GN

All installs were with seatbelt and all Radians were FFing. I didn't try RFing as the Radian is pretty hard to install RFing in that car.And we won't be using it RFing.

Pretty much using seatbelt and atleast one Radian seemed to do the trick to fitting any combo in.

Misty-Bug

2009 Ford Fushion. All seatbelt installs. not yet checked by a tech. Trying to get someone though.

RFing scenera behind driver with rolled up towel under foot
FFing nautilus
FFing eddie bauer two in one.

the eddie bauer hits the door a bit thus leaving an impression on the vinyl but door closes and they were all independantly installed and tight.

oxeye

2005 Toyota Prius

RF Radian Passenger side (LATCH) - passenger seat has to be quite a bit forward to not touch, but it wasn't terrible to ride there
FF Radian center (seat belt)
Keyfit30 Driver's side (seat belt, w/o base)

I put the center Radian in first and then the seats on either side.

I'm a technician, so checked by myself.

prius1.jpg
prius2.jpg

Last edited:

Cryssy Jane

2006 subaru impreza sedan
Drivers side: rf RN seatbelt
Center: rf RN seatbelt
Passengers side: keyfit (w/o base) seatbelt

Not checked by tech but each seat was individually solid.

2mydgt0.jpg

family5oregon

All these were done in a 1995 Mitsubishi Montero. No LATCH system

**PW - SR - PW**

**SK65 - SR - Husky**

**SR - SK65 - Husky**

**SR - SK65 - PW**

**PW - SR - Husky**

**SK65 - SR - PW**

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
2003 Toyota Corolla

RF Radian passenger side, RF Radian center, RF Safety 1st Complete Air driver's side
All seatbelt, locked with retractor
I am a tech

This one, again, is rough on the fingers! Level of difficulty is very high, and they do tilt a bit (but not more than I'm comfortable with), but level of satisfaction once they were all in tightly (it took a few tries!) was high. :D

2dir6kw.jpg

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
'05 Kia Spectra

Monterey, RN, PW SG I only tried RN FFing but I'm positive it would have worked even more easily RFing

Nauti, RN, PW SG same with RN

Same with old PW instead of SG.

At some point I'm going to try the three boosters. I'm sure they'll fit width wise but I don't know how easy they will be to buckle or what combo will work the best.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
2003 Ford Focus wagon

RF My Ride, KeyFit 30, FF Radian 65 - all seatbelt

Checked by a tech. ;)

It's very tight, but all seats are installed independently, and none touch the door. In fact, I could probably move the Radian another 1" toward the door, and may do so with the Radian and the KeyFit in order to give the MyRide a tad more room.
3acros1.jpg

The MyRide and KeyFit look tippy in this picture, but I think that's mainly because the driver and passenger seats are not even - the passenger seat is all the way forward and bolt upright.
3acros2.jpg

I was surprised to see that the seats really aren't off-center - I thought I'd had to move the KeyFit a bit toward the Radian in order to accomodate the MyRide, but as you can see here the KeyFit is quite centered in the vehicle's middle position.
3acros3.jpg

mkmama

2004 Impala
All seatbelt installs
Listed driver side outboard/center/passenger side outboard
Not checked by tech

I have managed to get:

RF Avenue/FF Nautilus/RF True Fit
RF Avenue/FF Nautilus/RF MyRide 65

The first one is a very tight squeeze and the Avenue ends up touching the door, but I was told on here that that is ok.

On the second one, I did have to use locking clips on both the Avenue and MyRide to get an independently tight install.

The ONLY way I could get them all to be independently tight in both configurations was to install the Nauti first and the Avenue last. Otherwise I couldn't get a tight independent install on one (usually the Nauti).

I *think* I could get, but have not actually buckled in, so not sure:

FF TrueFit/FF Nautilus/RF MyRide 65
RF Avenue/FF TrueFit/RF MyRide 65

jessclear

2007 Kia Sedona Long Wheel Base - 60/40 split seats

3rd row:

driver's - FF Comfort Sport
center - RF Intera w/o base
passenger - FF Scenera

All with seat belt. I am a Tech. Each seat was independently installed, tight and top tethered. :thumbsup:

I will try to get pictures of it next time I am with the owner of the van.

soccer_widow

2001 Nissan Pathfinder

RF Radian(center)
Keyfit (passenger side)
RF Marathon (driver's side)

All with seatbelts. It is very tight, but all are solid.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC