Successful Three Across thread

christineka

2007 sienna, third row: vivo, rfing radian, turbobooster.
The turbobooster is very difficult to buckle, but can be done. A better fit is:
vivo, rfing radian, fisher price booster on less than the widest setting.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
2002 Chevy Malibu

Passenger outboard: RF Radian lap/shoulder
Middle: RF MA lap
Driver outboard: FF Frontier latch

monstah

2006 Ford Freestyle - 2nd row

Driver- Graco Nautilus (seatbelt)
Center- KeyFit 30 (seatbelt)
Passenger- Radian 65 RF (LATCH)

&

Driver- Boulevard RF (LATCH)
Center- KeyFit 30 (seatbelt)
Passenger- Radian 65 FF (seatbelt)

100_4191.jpg

100_4190.jpg

MommyBoha

2000 Chevy Cavalier(2dr)
Britax Parkway(outboard passenger)
Graco Nautilus(CENTER)
Safety 1st Vantage Point(outboard driver)

All Installled with seatbelts

same car:
Britax PArkway(outboard passenger)
Graco Nautilus(center)
FF FPSVD(outboard Driver)

not easy, but doable

sunnyflower417

2001 Dodge Intrepid

RFing true fit, FFing radian, RFing true fit. Installed the the radian with a locking clip, I can't figure out how to get the locking latch plates to work! Then removed it, and installed both TFs and then put the radian back in. They are all independently tight!

Miriahsboys

2002 Pontiac Montana (8 passenger model)

middle row- nautilus (seatbelt, tether), RF marathon (seatbelt), nautilus (seatbelt, tether)

rear row- RF marathon (seatbelt) RF radian (seatbelt) RF marathon (seatbelt)

rear row- FF marathon (seatbelt) FF radian (seatbelt) RF marathon (seatbelt)

Not checked by a technician, but all seats had tight individual installs!

nevaehsmommy

2003 Ford Focus

Driver Side
RF
Safety 1st 3 in1
Latch

Middle
RF
Graco bucket *dont know model*
seatbelt

Passenger
RF
Cosco Scenra
Latch

Not checked by a tech. Seats did not move an inch.

J

Jeffstr

I wish I lived in America - there are just no big cars in the UK!

And just as I have been doing so much research into this I thought I would share my 2 cents :)

We have 3 kids under 3 yrs, plus a dog :eek:
=> 3x three FULL size (Brittax Evolva 1-2-3's) child seats in a row
=> Space for our buggy and our dog...
=>Also we wanted something that drives most like a car and didn’t completely look like a minibus :)

So after taking our 3 seats to every car dealership in London - the ONLY cars that fit were ones with 3x individual back seats:

:thumbsdown: No SUVs fit - just too narrow
:thumbsdown: No sedans/estates fit (not even Mondeo or A4 estate), and very few 4x4s fit - even if the car was wide enough, the middle child seat covered the seatbelt buckles and so wouldn’t sit right
:thumbsdown: Most 7 seaters went out the window, as the rear seats were useless! a) you have to sacrifice the boot - when do we not take a buggy?; and b) having a ZERO rear crush zone – those passengers were killed in crash tests!

Thus it has come down to:

:thumbsup:Honda FR-V (sorry the Fiat Multipla is just to wierd looking)
http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/fr-v/
Pros – 6x seats (3x isofix) and a boot! Nice drive, feels like a car
Cons – Expensive for what it is, as Honda don’t make many, so charge the earth for the ones they do :(

:thumbsup:Land Rover Discovery 3
http://www.landrover.co.uk/gb/en/vehicles/discovery-3/overview.htm
Pros – 7x seats but the boot is big enough to have 1 rear seat up and still fit the buggy - and it has 4x4 build safety :whistle:
Cons – It’s a 4x4, so running costs are higher, and you’re really just in a cooler looking bus

:thumbsup:Nissan Pathfinder
http://www.nissan.co.uk/#vehicles/4x4/pathfinder
Pros/Cons – as the Discovery above

:thumbsup:MultiMac – 3 to 4 seat child seat system
http://www.multimac.co.uk
Pros – fits most vehicles and the cheapest option, as you don’t have to trade your car in.
Cons – Need to find someone who has one to see what its like – and it’s not a car

Lastly I found a useful tool to use as a rough car guide
http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/fit-finder/

Hope that helps!

Cryssy Jane

3 across in a 2006 subaru impreza.

Blvd RF behind drivers seat, seat belt
GN middle, seat belt
FF radian behind passenger seat, seat belt.

Checked by Wendy! :)

Next mission is to purchase another radian to be able to do 2 RF as I would prefer two of the kiddos I watch to be RF if at all possible.

15mogtd.jpg

2uyr2tk.jpg

idhzfa.jpg

Chameleon

2009 Ford Fusion

Outboard Pass, Center, Outboard Driver
Graco Nautilus Seatbelt, RF Britax Boulevard LATCH, FF Britax Marathon Seatbelt
Graco Nautilus Seatbelt, RF Britax Boulevard LATCH, Britax Parkway
Graco Nautilus Seatbelt, RF Britax Boulevard LATCH, NB Turbo

img110.jpg

img117.jpg

img116.jpg

All independently tight
Graco Nautilus 100% on seat.
Doors closed with no effort, not hitting seats.
Checked by me :)

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
2003 Nissan Sentra :eek::eek::eek:

Passenger side: RF Safety 1st Uptown (needs a rolled towel to install tightly), seatbelt
Center: Ride Safer Travel Vest (with lap/shoulder belt, so didn't need tether)
Driver's side: FF Radian, with seatbelt and top tether

Not tech-checked.

OOOOh, my, that Radian was a difficult install. Needed three full twists of the buckle stalk and a lot of muscle power to tighten the belt. And I'm a very experienced Radian installer. Would be easier if you had someone to help.

I put the baby in the Uptown first when loading, then had the child in the RSTV get in, fastened her, then put the last child in the Radian.

There was barely room for my very skinny (like, barely fits the RSTV) 5 year old in the center, there's no way any but the skinniest of child riders, and adult passenger, or another restraint could fit there (except maybe a baseless BabyTrend. Maybe.) If she gets much bigger I'll have to get another RSTV for the child in the Radian as well to be able to fit them all in that car. She was using the sides of the Uptown and Radian as arm rests because otherwise they squished her elbows.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
2008 Dodge Ram 1500

Baby Trend - latch
Evenflo Big Kid- lap/shoulder
Graco Cargo- latch

or

Baby Trend - latch
Regent- lap/shoulder
Graco Cargo- latch

bubbaray

2009 GMC Sierra 1500 crew cab SL

passenger outboard: RFg MA
center: FFg RN
driver outboard: FFg GN (ETA: 100% on seat, but just barely).

All installed via belts. TTs in all three positions, headrests only in the 2 outboard positions. I wasn't trying super-hard to do three across and I'm reasonably confident I could have made it work installing the 2 outboard seats via LATCH. I didn't try a FFg MA in the mix, but I'm also pretty sure that would work with the RN in the middle. There is sooooo much room back there, LOL.

I'm not a tech, though I'd like to play one in the movies some day. ;)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
2008 Toyota Sienna

3rd row

Regent (sbp or lbp)

ffing RN

Cosco Protek HBB or Cosco Highrise NBB~~both boosters have nice cutouts making buckling no problem at all. TB worked as well, but a PIA to buckle.

chelle80

I could have sworn I had posted this, but I can't find it.

2002 Ford Explorer, all seatbelt with middle belt being a lap belt only. The regent is on the driver's side, it HAS to go on the single split seat to be able to do 3 across.

From driver side to passenger side--

regent, ff radian, parkway.

regent, ff or rf ma, parkway

regent, ff radian, ss1

regent, ss1, radian

regent, ss1, parkway

ff or rf ma, ff radian, parkway

ss1, ff or rf ma, parkway

radian, ss1, parkway

Joyofbirth

It just occured to me that i have something I can add here. We do 3 across in my parents' cars.

2000 or 2001 Dodge Intrepid

We usually do Ff Scenera, Snugride, Apex

Soon we will switch the snugride with another scenera

The other day, I did Scenera, Nautilus, Snugride

2005 (?) Dodge Ram

We do the same scenera, snugride, apex

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC